Wiki Posts
Search

Mod engines

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steve307b
Unless youv'e got more money than you know what to do with,(I don't) I think at most of our level's of racing a modded mill is definately NOT needed. Its been said before its the driving that wins races.
Ummmmmm.... Ya!!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Unless youv'e got more money than you know what to do with,(I don't) I think at most of our level's of racing a modded mill is definately NOT needed. Its been said before its the driving that wins races.
+1
INDEED!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

Default Question directed to Neal and his costumers.

I'll throw this in here. I have talked to Neal on his site about a couple motors and every time I think I've decided I hear about another motor that is, this, that, and the other and I can't decide again. I had it down to the CRE Evo3 and the JPX. (Neal probably knows who I am now) But as I'm not really sponsored and more of a weekend warrior with a family to take care of I'm always on a budget. I'm wondering if the CRE JL 21 is enough for a truggy. I've only had experience with Nova's and Werks, both brands stock and just don't know what to expect out of the Picco's. I know one thing for sure, I'm not as worried about pulling people on the straights. I just want solid bottom to mid thats at least manageable to drive and an engine that has a decent size tuning window. I'm all but sold on CRE with the hand lapping and decreased run in. That's a huge plus to me. So any of you CRE guys wanna help me decide which to choose. Sorry to highjack the thread.

Thanks,
Rich
Old 08-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

A properly done modified engine can be much more then just Fast ! I truly think many of the anti-modding guys have seriously underestimated what can be done with these engines.... I truly wish I could demo a few of my engines to you boys for a weekend, as i know without question you would be back here afterward singing a very different tune then you are now ! I must be doing something right or I wouldn't have nearly the amount of repeat business that I do.... Many of my customers say they are spoiled now and will never want to run a stock engine again !
Old 08-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Do-Over
I'll throw this in here. I have talked to Neal on his site about a couple motors and every time I think I've decided I hear about another motor that is, this, that, and the other and I can't decide again. I had it down to the CRE Evo3 and the JPX. (Neal probably knows who I am now) But as I'm not really sponsored and more of a weekend warrior with a family to take care of I'm always on a budget. I'm wondering if the CRE JL 21 is enough for a truggy. I've only had experience with Nova's and Werks, both brands stock and just don't know what to expect out of the Picco's. I know one thing for sure, I'm not as worried about pulling people on the straights. I just want solid bottom to mid thats at least manageable to drive and an engine that has a decent size tuning window. I'm all but sold on CRE with the hand lapping and decreased run in. That's a huge plus to me. So any of you CRE guys wanna help me decide which to choose. Sorry to highjack the thread.

Thanks,
Rich
Jl will haull butt for your bro. Imho get the werks b5. From what neal tells me it has all the bottom end you will ever need with good top in. and has a awsome tuning window!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for your response. I'm kinda still stuck on the Evo3, or the JL. I know the JPX is very similar to the Evo3. As I'm not a top sponsored pro driver, I just want bang for the buck. I'd love to go with the CRE B5 but after you put the 2013 with it, it jumps to 400... know what I'm saying? I was gonna just buy the stock B5 but I have 2 friends that run werks, and 4 more that run Nova. I'd just like to try out the Picco line. I can buy the CRE JL and pipe for close to the same as the stock B5 and pipe.(<-I still think its a good deal, don't take that wrong) So I'll probably just go that route!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for your response. I'm kinda still stuck on the Evo3, or the JL. I know the JPX is very similar to the Evo3. As I'm not a top sponsored pro driver, I just want bang for the buck. I'd love to go with the CRE B5 but after you put the 2013 with it, it jumps to 400... know what I'm saying? I was gonna just buy the stock B5 but I have 2 friends that run werks, and 4 more that run Nova. I'd just like to try out the Picco line. I can buy the CRE JL and pipe for close to the same as the stock B5 and pipe.(<-I still think its a good deal, don't take that wrong) So I'll probably just go that route!
Get the jl its on sell. I liked it a lot, now im gonna have him mod a gx5r. The jl imo is a awsome engine. I was getting like 12 minutes run time, and its a very smooth engine, It has power if you need it but it has a very nice powerband to it and its a freaking maniac on the top end.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Tech Champion

The JL's are very strong when setup right.... good bottom and a rippin top end....

the JPX/EVO 3 are balls out awesome.... very impressive engines on the 086 pipe

the B5 is stellar...similar power output to the Picco, but with a smoother trigger and better runtimes....
Old 08-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Maximo
The JL's are very strong when setup right.... good bottom and a rippin top end....

the JPX/EVO 3 are balls out awesome.... very impressive engines on the 086 pipe

the B5 is stellar...similar power output to the Picco, but with a smoother trigger and better runtimes....
pm sent.. Idk if you have read it.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

im not a big fan of modded engines at all, i have had modded and stock engines, ever modded one i also had the stock version too, i prefer the stock ones. the mod ones are faster and all but IMO its just not worth the extra money. im currently running a stock Alpha and all i can say is why in the would i need anything faster? stock engines these day make plenty of power for anyone at any skill level. Barry Pettit runs stock Alpha engines BTW now

mod engines are better but in my opinion just not worth the extra cash, but thats just me, if you can afford it with no problem then go for it, you'll be happy but if money is a little tight a stock engine is just as good.

just my 2 cents
Old 08-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
im not a big fan of modded engines at all, i have had modded and stock engines, ever modded one i also had the stock version too, i prefer the stock ones. the mod ones are faster and all but IMO its just not worth the extra money. im currently running a stock Alpha and all i can say is why in the would i need anything faster? stock engines these day make plenty of power for anyone at any skill level. Barry Pettit runs stock Alpha engines BTW now

mod engines are better but in my opinion just not worth the extra cash, but thats just me, if you can afford it with no problem then go for it, you'll be happy but if money is a little tight a stock engine is just as good.

just my 2 cents
You just haven't tried the right modified engine is all.... I know for a fact you have never tried one of mine, and I know for fact the work I do is quite unique....I feel very confident that if you tried any of my engines you would be here saying something completely different........ As I say there is more to a mod engine then just being faster.....
Old 08-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what about reidrc? anyone use him before?
Old 08-18-2010, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I see what you're saying, but essentially, our whole hobby is not needed, because we don't need to race or play with RC cars at all..it's a want, not a need, some want modded engines, others don't, either way is the right way.

I used to think that modded engines weren't worth the $$$, but I sure think they are now I get more power and better mileage from my Clockwork mills than stock, and I've owned a few of them now. I will not go back to a stock engine again.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Tune your motor!! So many guys with these big bad engines that run like crap because it's horribly off tune, and when it happens they go I need more power! Then they go and buy another more expensive or modded motor. Instead of buying another motor take some time and try to tune you motor by yourself at the track, you can ask for help, most will want to, but only 1/4 know what they are doing for the most part lol.

Andy
Old 08-18-2010, 11:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
seems to me that they all pretty much follow the same formula. I ended up going with the best customer service, from a really nice guy that is super knowledgable and really likes what he is doing (neal from clockworks). You can never ask him to many questions and he is always willing to help in any way.

Haven't run my jpx yet but can't wait!

Losi racer, that is the first mummed attitude i have ever seen about a clockwork engine. Not saying anything bad about that at all. I will never run a plus 4 from what i have seen. Yeah, people say i am nutts.
Thats the key right there. Clockwork cares that his engine is performing flawlessly for you. he will help you every day if needed until you fully understand what you are doing and how to get the best out of his engines. Sometimes I think Neal cares more about his engines then I do and I am the one who is buying/running them. I now have 3 of his engines and I would have to say that even though the JL is my favorite, it needs a better carb because the needles stink and they wander on you and they leak. The clocked JL with a Picco or Jammin carb would have to be my all time favorite engine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.