Nitro Engine Replacement >

Nitro Engine Replacement

Nitro Engine Replacement

Old 08-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shadowhope
i really dont have a price range i just want a really good engine lol
Alpha, werks, tq is cheap aswell, heck even the dynamite platinum is a great engine! all these under $250
Old 08-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
Alpha, werks, tq is cheap aswell, heck even the dynamite platinum is a great engine! all these under $250
ahh nice i heard somewhere about some ngines will hold a tune and they are also easy to tune are these one of them?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:23 PM
cdc
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

RB B10 is a great engine. Lots of power. Idles great and is very reliable
Old 08-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

ahh nice i heard somewhere about some ngines will hold a tune and they are also easy to tune are these one of them?
Dynamites are great starter race engines. They last a long time, they are a really good learner engine to tune, they are durable to heat and strength also hold tune great and will average an easy 5 gallons easily. Some would be imberissed to run dynamite but I will over a 500 dollar engine.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i really dont have a price range i just want a really good engine lol
Alpha green head with 0801 pipe for buggy: http://www.championrc.com/catalog/En...ories/Alpha-rc

also the O'donnell super sport 21 is one awesome engine, i like the JP3 pipe bc of the mad power (but its really fast from bottom to top, if your new dont get the JP3 lol) but not so good on run time, im planning on getting the Odonnell R2 pipe to try. they are around 200 just depending where you get them: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...etition-Engine

also the TQ racing engine is great too:http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ine-Turbo-Plug

just to list a few... alpha is probably the trickiest to tune and run at around 280 (no joke) and the Odonnell is the easiest tuning engine!
Old 08-16-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

im not a fan of dynamite, they are good for like 3 gallons then they give you trouble and usually die at around 5 gallons. Alpha and werks will get you about 8 gallons before you need to repinch them, and the TQ will probably get 10 before repinch
Old 08-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
im not a fan of dynamite, they are good for like 3 gallons then they give you trouble and usually die at around 5 gallons. Alpha and werks will get you about 8 gallons before you need to repinch them, and the TQ will probably get 10 before repinch
my grp has compression that still takes a lil muscle to turn over and i cant even remember how many gallons it has! Im ganna repinch my grp in about a gallon more then since i got the grp tunned version with the pipe i will be better off gettin the tq. What u think j?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

so im basing this on you guyses last 3 rplys. The TQ Engine and the Dynamite are both really good engines. But the TQ is probably more advanced that the Dynamite?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

my grp has compression that still takes a lil muscle to turn over and i cant even remember how many gallons it has! Im ganna repinch my grp in about a gallon more then since i got the grp tunned version with the pipe i will be better off gettin the tq. What u think j?
repinch that sucker and run it the snot out of it till it dies and get a TQ engine. and to check pinch take the glow plug out, with the glow plug in, thats compression.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

so im basing this on you guyses last 3 rplys. The TQ Engine and the Dynamite are both really good engines. But the TQ is probably more advanced that the Dynamite?

dynamite doesnt have crap on the TQ racing... the dynamite is slower than the the losi 350 and wont last as long as the losi 350. the TQ and dynamite isnt even on the same scale
Old 08-16-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

dynamite doesnt have crap on the TQ racing... the dynamite is slower than the the losi 350 and wont last as long as the losi 350. the TQ and dynamite isnt even on the same scale
lol so how does the losi 350 (i have that by the way) compare to the TQ?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

lol so how does the losi 350 (i have that by the way) compare to the TQ?
the losi 350 is slower and a sport engine. great starter, IMO i would run that one for atleast 5-7 gallons or until it dies before getting the TQ engine. i know your new and IMO the TQ might be a little much right now... i ran sport engines people gave me, they were SLOW but that helped me more than anything and once i got a faster engine i came from barely making the A-main to winning races. the biggest mistake people make is getting engines to fast for their skills and all. run the 350 till it dies and then look at a new engine, who knows there might be a new even more killer engine for less money.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

the losi 350 is slower and a sport engine. great starter, IMO i would run that one for atleast 5-7 gallons or until it dies before getting the TQ engine. i know your new and IMO the TQ might be a little much right now... i ran sport engines people gave me, they were SLOW but that helped me more than anything and once i got a faster engine i came from barely making the A-main to winning races. the biggest mistake people make is getting engines to fast for their skills and all. run the 350 till it dies and then look at a new engine, who knows there might be a new even more killer engine for less money.
no engines to much lol i started with a eb mods os v-spec and first race on it boom cased a landidng and cracked the block haha i needed more power lol. Joking but that did happen to me. Also since u said that im ganna take my plug out and see whaere it is i havent done it in a while lol.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

no engines to much lol i started with a eb mods os v-spec and first race on it boom cased a landidng and cracked the block haha i needed more power lol. Joking but that did happen to me. Also since u said that im ganna take my plug out and see whaere it is i havent done it in a while lol.
yeah the reason you cased stuff is because of to much power and no throttle control, i bet your tires were ballooned up and spinning like no other hahahha
Old 08-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Prophet

but you know what sport engines, are pretty good for club racing as i know most people at a club level race stock engines.

a sport engine like, a rb s5 is plently fast enough if you ask me.
its still new so i think, it can be even better after the secound gallon.

i run it on my truggy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.