Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Servos Losi 2.0 RR >

Servos Losi 2.0 RR

Servos Losi 2.0 RR

Old 08-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Servos Losi 2.0 RR

Good Morning.

I'm assembling my losi 2.0 RR. I would like some help to choose the servos and motor for the car.

I think to buy a Go Tech GX-7R .21 motor. Anyone know this motor running in the off traces? As its has seven admission windows a believe that its has more final velocity and less torque strength. Am i certain?

I don't know how servos are better for this car? Could anyone give me some clues?

Best regards.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MakOctopus
Good Morning.

I'm assembling my losi 2.0 RR. I would like some help to choose the servos and motor for the car.

I think to buy a Go Tech GX-7R .21 motor. Anyone know this motor running in the off traces? As its has seven admission windows a believe that its has more final velocity and less torque strength. Am i certain?

I don't know how servos are better for this car? Could anyone give me some clues?

Best regards.

For Servo's that's easy....Hitec and Nothing but and you'll be good for years to come.....As for motor's, that's up to you. What's your track like ? Large and flowing or tight and technical ?
Old 08-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For servos i like to run the ace/xp/ae ds1313 for throttle and ds1015 for steering. You can buy both for less than $75-80/ea brand new. Theres even deals to be had on them in the buy/sell/trade section here if you don't mind used.

The go engines imo are great, tons of power and hold a tune really well. I have never had anything else in my buggy so i can't really compare, but i've had other sized motors in other vehicles and the go engine compared to them are very impressive.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I bought three of the DS1015's at the start of this season. I had one from last season. The three new ones were dead by the halfway mark of the season, the old one still works. Not sure if their quality has gone down hill, but the Ace 1015s are crap.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well if you are really into racing then why skimp on servos? I'm not so using cheaper servos suit me just fine. I like the power they produce and for the price its hard to beat. Also did your servos die completely or burn up gears? You can replace the gears for cheap.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jwm2
For servos i like to run the ace/xp/ae ds1313 for throttle and ds1015 for steering. You can buy both for less than $75-80/ea brand new. Theres even deals to be had on them in the buy/sell/trade section here if you don't mind used.

The go engines imo are great, tons of power and hold a tune really well. I have never had anything else in my buggy so i can't really compare, but i've had other sized motors in other vehicles and the go engine compared to them are very impressive.
I have difficult to choose because everybody use Novarossi motor. I know that is a excelent motor and dispense comments. However, here in Brazil i have an official supplier of Go Engines that can give me support. Will be more easy when i need some motor parts too.

Well, thank you all.

More informations will be welcome.

Regards.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

You won't be dissappointed with go engines, they are rock solid mills. For servos your best bet is check your local hobby shop (LHS) and see what they recommend and offer. Of course you can usually find them cheaper on ebay but you won't get the kind of support you will locally. If they are going to sell you an engine then see if they can cut you a deal on a couple decent servos. If they sell ace/xp/ae servos like i mentioned i would take a serious look at them expecially since they are so affordable and work very well. Very few horror stories with them, but of course someone always manages to chime in with one. And who knows it might have been his setup, a bad batch, or his battery overpowering them. But you are bound to hear 1 horror story now and again with any servo you choose.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Here in brazil the racers generally use Hitech and Futava Servos. It is great brands and its products are very good. I will search other options for here. Unfortunately the rc brazilian stores don't offer a variety of rc car parts. We are limited in some brands. The most traditionals are Traxxas, HPI and Kyosho.

The great problem are the fee importation in Brazil. We pay a increase of 60% over the price there. So it's very expansive import cars and car parts. The final price of a Revo in Brazil is almost US$ 1,000.00!!!! This is why in brazil we have few rc racers.

Thank you again.

Regards.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

HITEC 7940 or 7955

THERE IS NOTHING BETTER.......

The guys on here sold me on Hitec and I could not be happier.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Are people using speed servos for throttle and torque for steering on the losi? Or torque for both. I'm having back luck with speed servos(9100S) at throttle. Thinking about putting my 9100T on throttle when it comes back from JR. Just worried about the speed of it tho. Any thoughts?
Old 08-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well if you are really into racing then why skimp on servos? I'm not so using cheaper servos suit me just fine. I like the power they produce and for the price its hard to beat. Also did your servos die completely or burn up gears? You can replace the gears for cheap.
Died completely. One of them almost caught fire. I have Hitecs and Futabas in their place now without issue.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Lord

You won't be dissappointed with go engines, they are rock solid mills. For servos your best bet is check your local hobby shop (LHS) and see what they recommend and offer. Of course you can usually find them cheaper on ebay but you won't get the kind of support you will locally. If they are going to sell you an engine then see if they can cut you a deal on a couple decent servos. If they sell ace/xp/ae servos like i mentioned i would take a serious look at them expecially since they are so affordable and work very well. Very few horror stories with them, but of course someone always manages to chime in with one. And who knows it might have been his setup, a bad batch, or his battery overpowering them. But you are bound to hear 1 horror story now and again with any servo you choose.

1 horror story, Funny you say that as EVERY Single Guy in my Local track scene has Been there and Done that with the Ace/AE branded servo's....You wont see much of Anything aside from Hitec and the Odd Futaba and Airtronics.....Cheap servo's yield Cheap results...You want something Solid that will outlast the Car itself your Looking to spend 100$.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Integra
1 horror story, Funny you say that as EVERY Single Guy in my Local track scene has Been there and Done that with the Ace/AE branded servo's....You wont see much of Anything aside from Hitec and the Odd Futaba and Airtronics.....Cheap servo's yield Cheap results...You want something Solid that will outlast the Car itself your Looking to spend 100$.
Ok. I would like to buy Hitec HS-7955TG and HS-7985MG. The acception here is very good. But these servos are very expensive. I am think to buy something more cheap.

I will continue my research until save more money...

Regards.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by MakOctopus
Ok. I would like to buy Hitec HS-7955TG and HS-7985MG. The acception here is very good. But these servos are very expensive. I am think to buy something more cheap.

I will continue my research until save more money...

Regards.

i would personally get 2 - 7955's
Old 08-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Integra
i would personally get 2 - 7955's
+1. Great servos. 7954's aren't bad either, if you want something a little cheaper.

There's no sense in buying "cheap" servos for 1/8th scale. After you burn through 2,3,4 of them, they are not so "cheap".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.