Community
Wiki Posts
Search

weird engine running

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Default weird engine running

now tell me if this isnt weird, i been having trouble getting my rb to (idle right) it whould just idle good than it would drop off. even if i keep leaning out the (low end needle,) and the (high end needle a little and flame out during the race) and not run right.

well i put a new o donnell plug in, and bam idleing without a drop off and on the track i had more torque and speed i checked my old plug out and it does have a brownish color, on the glow plug from running rich and it still lights up bright.

is this because my engine is, only on its second gallon and starting to break in or something ? it dint flame out at all with the new plug.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

Is it the same plug #? If you went to a hotter or colder plug it could have helped the engine. For example, if it is really humid, and you put a cold plug in, your motor won't run correctly.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by CJ Weaver
Is it the same plug #? If you went to a hotter or colder plug it could have helped the engine. For example, if it is really humid, and you put a cold plug in, your motor won't run correctly.

it is a #100 odonnell plug its, a medium heat plug during the race day it was about 87 and it wasnt humit outside.

the old plug i was talking, about was the same plug as the new one i put in and it ran good with the new plug.

im running 20 % ebmods race blead fuel.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Prophet

anybody else know ?
Old 08-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
anybody else know ?
plugs go out, not weird at all. could just not be heating as hot as it was. Dont worry about it. same thing happened to me this weekend, i kept flaming, wouldnt idle. I changed the plug and didnt flame all night
Old 08-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by losi_racer
plugs go out, not weird at all. could just not be heating as hot as it was. Dont worry about it. same thing happened to me this weekend, i kept flaming, wouldnt idle. I changed the plug and didnt flame all night

i see what you are saying but, all the coils where lit up and they were bright
trust me i wish i dint keep, on messing around with the needles and just changed the plug cause it caused a bad day for me man lol.

yea im not trusting those, dam iqniters anymore ethier the ones with the meter on them.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i see what you are saying but, all the coils where lit up and they were bright
trust me i wish i dint keep, on messing around with the needles and just changed the plug cause it caused a bad day for me man lol.
if my engine starts running weird and nothing is changed(temp,fuel,filter, etc) i will change the plug. plugs can look perfect but cause tons of issues, as simple as its not hot as it should be,
Old 08-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by losi_racer
if my engine starts running weird and nothing is changed(temp,fuel,filter, etc) i will change the plug. plugs can look perfect but cause tons of issues, as simple as its not hot as it should be,

yea i should of thought, of that its happen about 3 times them rb though dont seem to keep a tune at least when there on the second gallon.

and i did put on a brand, new prefilter on also when i put in a new plug.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

yea i should of thought, of that its happen about 3 times them rb though dont seem to keep a tune at least when there on the second gallon.

both of which can drastically change the way the engine runs

new filter , lots of air , lots of power

new plug , proper combustion at the right time

the odo 100 plugs work great , are easy to tune but do not last forever , if you want to try another plug thats very similar try the odo77 , lasts a touch longer and works very similar .
Old 08-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

RB's 'sport engines' don't hold there tune like most new competition engines nowadays.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

i had that problem last year, i switched from 20% to 30% and problem solved for me, i have had alot of problems with 20% fuel, here they use 20% in 1/18 scale....lol
Old 08-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by inferno13
i had that problem last year, i switched from 20% to 30% and problem solved for me, i have had alot of problems with 20% fuel, here they use 20% in 1/18 scale....lol

yea well i already have, a full gallon of 20 % so im not gone to waste it but after its done i will ethier use 25% or 30 %.

i did use 25 % before and it did seem to keep a tune better.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
RB's 'sport engines' don't hold there tune like most new competition engines nowadays.

yea but i only club race, so i dont see the point in getting a race engine this is isnt a bad engine though i can keep up with other guys.

isnt the nova .21 bf a, sport engine that seem to keep a tune a lot better.

i know rb are made my nova.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by houston
both of which can drastically change the way the engine runs

new filter , lots of air , lots of power

new plug , proper combustion at the right time

the odo 100 plugs work great , are easy to tune but do not last forever , if you want to try another plug thats very similar try the odo77 , lasts a touch longer and works very similar .

yea il take a look at the 77 plug.

it is a rb s5 engine i am running it on, my truggy i looked at the 77 plug it says its just for .12 to .18 engines for 1/10 cars ?
Old 08-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yea but i only club race, so i dont see the point in getting a race engine this is isnt a bad engine though i can keep up with other guys.

isnt the nova .21 bf a, sport engine that seem to keep a tune a lot better.

i know rb are made my nova.
The S5 is an older version of the Hobby 9, which is not even made anymore. Novarossi might make it, but RB designs their engines, and from experience, their sport engines don't hold their tune very well.

The Hobby 9 is selling for $245 where its still available, for $50 less you could of got a Werks B5 which would be a much better race engines and those engines hold a tune for gallons.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.