Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Aka wheels VS proline V2 wheels >

Aka wheels VS proline V2 wheels

Aka wheels VS proline V2 wheels

Old 08-04-2010, 12:52 PM
  #1  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,822
Default Aka wheels VS proline V2 wheels

Hi guys,

My stock Schumacher rims are cracked after 1 day of pratice... The rims are very hard and crack way too easy.

I'm have AKA wheels at home and they flex a lot so I don't think they will crack as easy as the Schumachers. I haven't tried proline, but I want the lightest rim for my car. I guess the quality of both is good. No V3 rim for me btw. It's too wide for my astroturf tires.

Has anyone weighted the AKA rims and the Proline V2 rims?

Thanks!
morgoth is offline  
Old 08-04-2010, 09:50 PM
  #2  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (33)
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,833
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
Hi guys,

My stock Schumacher rims are cracked after 1 day of pratice... The rims are very hard and crack way too easy.

I'm have AKA wheels at home and they flex a lot so I don't think they will crack as easy as the Schumachers. I haven't tried proline, but I want the lightest rim for my car. I guess the quality of both is good. No V3 rim for me btw. It's too wide for my astroturf tires.

Has anyone weighted the AKA rims and the Proline V2 rims?

Thanks!
Proline wheels balance like crap. Go with aka's. Losi's wheels are nice.
Jason Pelletier is offline  
Old 08-04-2010, 09:56 PM
  #3  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
rallyebmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,885
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

There is a guy on here, I believe the screen name is Integra. He's posted a full chart with wheel weights and tire weights. Its very nice. V2 are the heaviest. My AKA are a few grams lighter and the Losi wheels I weighed were the lightest, but I remember on Integras chart they were not the lightest
rallyebmx is offline  
Old 08-04-2010, 10:00 PM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,210
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I re-use wheels. I've found that the AKA's will develop hairline cracks on the inside mounting bead, usually after the first set of tires. They do not affect performance, but they do get gradually worse.
Semple is offline  
Old 08-04-2010, 10:13 PM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
rallyebmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,885
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Here is the chart i was referring to:
http://www.tarzee.com/rcdb/btires.php
rallyebmx is offline  
Old 08-04-2010, 10:15 PM
  #6  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,484
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Semple View Post
I re-use wheels. I've found that the AKA's will develop hairline cracks on the inside mounting bead, usually after the first set of tires. They do not affect performance, but they do get gradually worse.


They Sure do...the edge is Razor sharp on the Aka's where as most others have a little meat there.

here's the Old chart rallyebmx is referring to....It really needs some updating.

http://www.tarzee.com/rcdb/btires.php
Integra is offline  
Old 08-05-2010, 06:43 AM
  #7  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,822
Default

Wow AKA foams are lighter than proline and they are not molded :| They seem more durable too imo.

How about the panther inserts? Are they durable? It seels are very light and I'd like to lose weight on my buggy, but I don't want crappy inserts that wear like hell.
morgoth is offline  
Old 08-05-2010, 07:57 AM
  #8  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,484
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
Wow AKA foams are lighter than proline and they are not molded :| They seem more durable too imo.

How about the panther inserts? Are they durable? It seels are very light and I'd like to lose weight on my buggy, but I don't want crappy inserts that wear like hell.


Panther's will Not last as long...Its a Standard foam VS a molded
Integra is offline  
Old 08-05-2010, 07:58 AM
  #9  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,822
Default

I think I'll go with AKA rims and AKA inserts. The inserts seem to last longer than the prolines and they weight less.
morgoth is offline  
Old 08-05-2010, 08:06 AM
  #10  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
KWT-NITRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,616
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys,

thanks for the thread.

my question is, am preparing my stuff for the WC, i want to run proline tires but dont really like their wheels.

is it possible to run prolive V2 revolvers/holeshots on AKA wheels/inserts?? any difference in diameter or width??

cheers
Ali
KWT-NITRO is offline  
Old 08-05-2010, 08:41 AM
  #11  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,636
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
Hey guys,

thanks for the thread.

my question is, am preparing my stuff for the WC, i want to run proline tires but dont really like their wheels.

is it possible to run prolive V2 revolvers/holeshots on AKA wheels/inserts?? any difference in diameter or width??

cheers
Ali
You could run revolvers/holeshots on aka wheels. The AKA wheels to seem to make the tire profile flatter than the v2 wheels. I didn't like running AKA foams in those tires though.
071crazy is offline  
Old 08-05-2010, 08:56 AM
  #12  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Matthijs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Uithoorn, The Netherlands
Posts: 726
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
I think I'll go with AKA rims and AKA inserts. The inserts seem to last longer than the prolines and they weight less.
that's what I told you over a month ago, remember? still not figured out how to order online See you on the track!
Matthijs is offline  
Old 08-05-2010, 09:26 AM
  #13  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,210
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
Hey guys,

thanks for the thread.

my question is, am preparing my stuff for the WC, i want to run proline tires but dont really like their wheels.

is it possible to run prolive V2 revolvers/holeshots on AKA wheels/inserts?? any difference in diameter or width??

cheers
Ali
Use the AKA wheels, Proline tires and Proline Evo foams.
Semple is offline  
Old 08-05-2010, 11:26 AM
  #14  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,822
Default

Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
that's what I told you over a month ago, remember? still not figured out how to order online See you on the track!
I was talking with Bart Loomans and he said the Proline V2 are working for him with the stock schumacher foams. He's sponsored by Proline so I wanted the opinion of outsiders.

Aka seems to be lighter and ppl are more happy of the rims, so I'll go with the AKA's.
You need money to order online... Anyway, I'll order them tomorrow when the money is on my paypal account.

And damn, those schumacher rims are crap. I have 1 day on them and they are full of cracks... I'll make some pics when I got the tires of them. I think I'll go the aceton way.
morgoth is offline  
Old 08-05-2010, 12:21 PM
  #15  
Tech Adept
 
sirKandal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NORWAY
Posts: 190
Default

Originally Posted by Semple View Post
I re-use wheels. I've found that the AKA's will develop hairline cracks on the inside mounting bead, usually after the first set of tires. They do not affect performance, but they do get gradually worse.
I re-use wheels to and I have some AKA wheels and some PL wheels. The PL wheels will hold up better, the AKA wheels will crack on the inside after a short time
sirKandal is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.