Wiki Posts
Search

losi 8b rear diff shimming?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 191 (100%+)
Default losi 8b rear diff shimming?

is there a preferred method on shimming? roller has a gallon on it. i checked play and it seemed a little too much. i removed one of the thin shimms on the right hand side and placed it on the other side. or it might of been vice versus. can't remember, it feels better now. how do you know when it is too tight. i also added hd diff cases, lightweight outdrives and removed the thin shim on the inside of diff cup. lastly i did the same to center diff with hd case and lightweight outdrives. i did it as i saw the drake do it on the youtube video. i put it together a couple of time and it still seems really snug. as i rotated diff cups by hand it loosened somewhat. i have another diff that has 7k in it also and it rotates easier. is this normal because most parts are new or did i do something wrong?