Wiki Posts
Search

pro/open/sportsman

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default pro/open/sportsman

I am going to a race in a month and it has a open class that i am not familiar with. I understand what pro/expert and sportsman are, but have never heard of an "open" class.

So what is the "open" class?
Old 07-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Going by RC Pro classes
Intermediate/Sportsman
Open/Expert
Pro/Pro or super fast experts
Old 07-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by supralative
Going by RC Pro classes
Intermediate/Sportsman
Open/Expert
Pro/Pro or super fast experts
Sounds about right to me. Open and Expert are often interchangeable.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

The open class is just that open for all racers. The large races I have been to allow anyone to run the open class as long as they do not have a chassis sponsor. That seems to work for me. At silverstate this year I ran both open and expert and I got my ass handed to me in the expert class. I'm no truhe haha but I did get more than my fill of track time. Open should be open to any and all as long as no chassis sponsor.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You going to pro series in Lafayette? I'm thinking about going but don't want to drive back and forth both days. Still working on getting a yard pass for that one LOL.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Frank L
The open class is just that open for all racers. The large races I have been to allow anyone to run the open class as long as they do not have a chassis sponsor. That seems to work for me. At silverstate this year I ran both open and expert and I got my ass handed to me in the expert class. I'm no truhe haha but I did get more than my fill of track time. Open should be open to any and all as long as no chassis sponsor.

than how come tracks , that club races dont have a open class.

i can tell you there are some, sandbaggers in the sportsman class that need to go in to a open class. inless the pro class at local tracks are a open class ?

i might be more of a veteran, at racing than other people in the sportsman class but im not that good lol.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Frank L

i can tell you there are some, sandbaggers in the sportsman class that need to go in to a open class. inless the pro class at local tracks are a open class ?

i might be more of a veteran, at racing than other people in the sportsman class but im not that good lol.

im not bad though.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man

Honestly I don't even like the idea of an intermediate/sportsman and expert/pro classes at club races. IMO it should just all be one class. For the bigger races it is nice to split them up, but at club races there aren't usually enough entries to make it worth while(at least around here). You just end up with multiple small classes, which isn't any fun.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Honestly I don't even like the idea of an intermediate/sportsman and expert/pro classes at club races. IMO it should just all be one class. For the bigger races it is nice to split them up, but at club races there aren't usually enough entries to make it worth while(at least around here). You just end up with multiple small classes, which isn't any fun.

yea but you have to think, about guys who are totally new to the hobby/ sport of racing thats what makes it grow.

the only reason why im, in the sportsman class is because im still learning my truggy.

and i dont win everytime by the way.

now if its a big race and there is a lot of people... than the classes should be together so it doesnt take 10/ 12 hours to get finish.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

at our local track we do just that, we run all buggies in one class no mater what the skill level, the faster drivers will qualify up front.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

I totally agree. Like at the factory, they should have just put us with the pros That's why I bumped up to pro, so I can race with a lot of fast people. Most likely I'm going to get my butt handed to me at bigger events but it will only make me faster and hopefully better lol
Old 07-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I dont agree with running all in one class i dont like my car beeing used as brakes by less experiance drivers.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by DPowers
I dont agree with running all in one class i dont like my car beeing used as brakes by less experiance drivers.

+1 i do agree with that .

i know from my former local track, that is closed and i got hit about 7 times i was pissed.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
I totally agree. Like at the factory, they should have just put us with the pros That's why I bumped up to pro, so I can race with a lot of fast people. Most likely I'm going to get my butt handed to me at bigger events but it will only make me faster and hopefully better lol

i have ran pro before, when i raced onroad but i gave up i wasnt never faster than them guys.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

wasn't never faster.....wow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.