Wiki Posts
Search

$900 kyosho?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtbkym01
You're right, but to produce the same part to the same quality can be a lot cheaper in China based purely on what the workers will get paid. There is no denying that manufacturing in China is cheaper that anywhere else in the world, otherwise, why would companies manufacture there?
And I agree with that, but just because something is made in China vs. anywhere else doesn't mean it isn't as good.

As far as CNC machining goes, when they build a plant in China and tool for a project, they still utilize as much automation as they can to factor out the human errors.

Funny thing is, consider a company like Haas CNC. Though not the highest end machines in the CNC buissnes, they are the highest selling builder, not only in the US, but in China. They are the only builder that can build enough product to keep up with China's growth. And they are manufactured with over 70% US Content and assembled in the Highest Cost environment in the world (Malibu, California).

My point being that even if the Kyosho stuff is made in Japan, doesn't mean it's better.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLHX1550
And I agree with that, but just because something is made in China vs. anywhere else doesn't mean it isn't as good.

As far as CNC machining goes, when they build a plant in China and tool for a project, they still utilize as much automation as they can to factor out the human errors.

Funny thing is, consider a company like Haas CNC. Though not the highest end machines in the CNC buissnes, they are the highest selling builder, not only in the US, but in China. They are the only builder that can build enough product to keep up with China's growth. And they are manufactured with over 70% US Content and assembled in the Highest Cost environment in the world (Malibu, California).

My point being that even if the Kyosho stuff is made in Japan, doesn't mean it's better.

Amen!!! The whole "It'a made in Japan so it has to be better" is such a 1980's way of thinking. Yes, some products from Japan are excellent, but with the automization of the industrial process across the world, most mass produced products are very close, if not equal, in quality.

It's all about perception and Kyosho has done an excellent job with this. The logic of "price is not an issue and paying $900 is worth it to me" is exactly what killed the on road scene.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

i paid 998 for the car when first came out with tax well i wont do again
Old 07-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Someone keeps saying all the OPT parts. You don't get these items.

NOone SAID IF the TKI 2 will come with this stuff?

New Kyosho cap universal swing shafts

No.IFW419

Cap Universal Swing Shaft
(2pcs/91/MP9/MP9e)

*Optional parts for Inferno MP9 series (for Front)

Available in Aug 2010

No.IFW420

CapUniversal SwingShaft
(2pc/93/MP9/9e)

*Optional parts for Inferno MP9 series (for Rear)

Available in Aug 2010

No.IFW421

Cap C-UniversalSwingShaft
(1pc/84/MP9/MP9e)

Available in Aug 2010

No.IFW422

CapC-Universal SwingShaft
(1pc/110/MP9/MP9e)

KYOIFW412 Kyosho Inferno MP9 Aluminum Front Hubs

KYOIFW413 Kyosho Inferno MP9 Aluminum Rear Torque Rod

KYOIFW414-01 Kyosho MP9 Aluminum Rear Torque Rod Bushings

----

Default parts
Motorman, all those parts you listed are optional parts......

Walid
----

I have had almost all the buggies mp-6------mp777 and got out for some time. So yes I'm a Fan boy of Kyosho. Back in the day the MP6 int was $700 and that was in the 80's - 90's. Right now I think they should go down some. Will I buy other not sure. Will I buy other one? Not sure!
Old 07-30-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtbkym01
YAWN....Here we go again

You blokes have to remember, that EVERY part of this car is manufactured in Japan, not China like most other brands, I mean they could outsource to some copycat factory in China, and produce half as good kits (component quality wise) for half the price. Just coz the US economy is knackered, and your once mighty US dollar is coming back to the pack, you think Kyosho is just trying to line their pockets.

If it's too expensive for you, then just dream about owning one
How do you determine that components that are "half as good"?
Old 07-30-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I tried kyosho, 777 sp-2, no impressed
Old 07-30-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
If you go look at your losi or mugen or any other descent brand (not the 350 car) and you look at the hop ups you have added you prob have close to 800-900. I havethat sittig in my losi. Hell I dropped in 300 or so in option parts before my 2.0t even hit the dirt. Now granted i didn't have to do that and it would have been just as competitive but I wanted every fironi part I could get my hands on and well some stayed and some didn't. The k cars have always been top $$ they are made in japan and I think that's the only country left that knows how to build something right. They sure as hell don't do it right in this country name in USA, I stay away. I gotta hand it to kyosho a $900 kit is mighty brave of them in today's market. Espically when that damm $350 car will lrob still lap you depending on who's got the controller.

I just wish they would release a new truggy st9 or something. I might actually give them a try again.
Well put Frank !

Its true that the new mp9 tki2will have every option available , doesn't give the customer the purchasing option but does give you a BADASS 900$ 8th scale buggy
Old 07-30-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by houston
Well put Frank !

Its true that the new mp9 tki2will have every option available , doesn't give the customer the purchasing option but does give you a BADASS 900$ 8th scale buggy
NOPE IT WILL NOT HAVE every option ...

New Kyosho cap universal swing shafts

No.IFW419

Cap Universal Swing Shaft
(2pcs/91/MP9/MP9e)

Available in Aug 2010

No.IFW420

CapUniversal SwingShaft
(2pc/93/MP9/9e)

Available in Aug 2010

No.IFW421

Cap C-UniversalSwingShaft
(1pc/84/MP9/MP9e)

Available in Aug 2010

No.IFW422

CapC-Universal SwingShaft
(1pc/110/MP9/MP9e)

KYOIFW412 Kyosho Inferno MP9 Aluminum Front Hubs

KYOIFW413 Kyosho Inferno MP9 Aluminum Rear Torque Rod

KYOIFW414-01 Kyosho MP9 Aluminum Rear Torque Rod Bushings
Old 07-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I think the now used cva drives will suffice

I don't belive those are gonna be a huge improvement over the currentlyused CVA drives but if they are an option the buggy should have the dam things!!!

Kyosho drivetrain components are second to none fershur , good stuff

Have you seen the parts list for the tki2 ? Are you sure that the parts are not in there ?
Old 07-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by houston
I think the now used cva drives will suffice

I don't belive those are gonna be a huge improvement over the currentlyused CVA drives but if they are an option the buggy should have the dam things!!!

Kyosho drivetrain components are second to none fershur , good stuff

Have you seen the parts list for the tki2 ? Are you sure that the parts are not in there ?
yes sir i have. you want the book on the tki I have it you like?
Old 07-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yup no CVD's, Front aluminum C-Hubs, Rear aluminum chassis brace etc. Everyone has there different opinion on which car is better in performance for the cost, or the actual cost. Most of you I bet have never driven the car for a period of time, I drove my TKI and the first race was at least 2-3 seconds faster per lap than my mbx6 after driving it for about 4 1/2 months every weekend. I broke a good amount at first not running the right upper pin spacer set up, not running hard parts, and I drove it like a mugen. MP9 with hard parts and Kyosho aluminum hop ups, will make it close to bullet proof, I haven't broken a front end part in 11 races, a rear end part in 10, a rear hub broke but didn't take me out of a race, now I have the aluminum hubs coming, solves that problem. Now I'm getting quicker and quicker, mbx6 never got any faster. I race my buggy every weekend, club or bigger race. I have a TKI2 on back order, Kyosho America has a BIGGG order coming the 19th with TKI2's Kit version, and MP9 SE "standard" versions, place your backorders now, or you won't be getting the tki2 till mid September or later. I hope that D8 passing me has a fresh rebuild on the plastics or it won't be there for long....

Andy
Old 07-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLHX1550
As a Manufacturing Engineer, I do pricing and quoting for parts and components, and irregardless of where it is made, it is made to a print. That is the controlling document as far as the materials used and the tolerances of manufacturing, not the country it was manufactured in.

To be quite honest, China has some of the highest tech manufacturing resources in the world, because their resources are the newest. Especially in steel and metals. Their foundrys and steel mills are all 10 years old or newer, where as in the US they are 100+ years old.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Finally, some light is shed by someone that works in the manufacturing industry, like I did. People just do not understand the quality of manufacturing that takes place in China, that is when held to a standard.

Also people do not grasp the price inflation of a 120-150 dollar toy being sold at 6 times what it cost to make.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 02maxima18
Most of you I bet have never driven the car for a period of time, I drove my TKI and the first race was at least 2-3 seconds faster per lap than my mbx6 after driving it for about 4 1/2 months every weekend.
I think you need to be congratulated for working hard on practicing and setup. If you are 2-3 seconds faster on say a 35 second lap track, then it is not due to switching from a mugen to a kyosho. Both buggies are equally capable in the right hands.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

its just a matter of preference, no one is forcing anyone to spend 900 so the kyosho fans will spend it and others wont. youre making too much out of nothing
Old 07-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 071crazy
I think you need to be congratulated for working hard on practicing and setup. If you are 2-3 seconds faster on say a 35 second lap track, then it is not due to switching from a mugen to a kyosho. Both buggies are equally capable in the right hands.
You know sometimes I do think that, I run every weekend, and usually the last to leave the track cuz Im practicing, in the last 8 months Ive missed three weekends of racing due to rain and if there was no racing. I loved my mugen it is TOUGH I once ran my main and another 10-min cash mini race with TWO broken rear arms, they broke at the shock rod end. Deff 2-3 seconds faster, and now with running the SE buggy even faster. It's also preference on which buggy you feel more comfortable and like driving, Mugen has great support Kris over at Mugen is very very helpful and a great guy overall, I just had a hard time with the buggy, all my other close racing friends didn't like the mugen either, but again Kyosho guys used to the mp9. Mugens prices went up about $50 since Feb-Mar.

Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.