JQ Products - THE Car

Like Tree2Likes

JQ Products - THE Car

Old 08-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any distributor in Sweden yet?
Old 08-03-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Needs some trick mud gards to go with the wing.

How long will that front center drive shaft last with that big of a bind? It looks more offset than a Losi.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nah it looks about the same as Losi to me. If it can last three gallons like my EU spec, it should be fine.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

JQ Lord knows I've taken issue with some things you said way back but I have to give credit where credit is due. THE Car looks GREAT

Good Luck with it. I may even pull the trigger on one this winter as it seems Kyosho has had a bit to much Saki of late with pricing.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:50 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Thank You Randy, that means alot because you were a punk who always gave me a hard time on the grid....
Cool, I will be over there in September so come and check it out, if you are in LA.

No one is Sweden yet.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

JQ, is the motor position adjustable both ways (ie longitudinally and laterally)? Weight distro?

Car looks killer Good job in Finland btw!

Thanks,
Paul
Old 08-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

not according to the pict
Old 08-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
JQ, is the motor position adjustable both ways (ie longitudinally and laterally)? Weight distro?
Yes.

4 longitudinal positions.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

jq i have been watching this from day one and was wondering what you would come up with.

from what i have seen the car looks great and i know joking i said from day one i would try it but now i am waiting for it to come out and will only be runing truggy till i can get one

now my question is how is the black on the chassic holding up is it a one race weekend or dose stay for awhile i hate to see such a pretty car be silver in just a few tanks

oh and stupid ? have you had the center diff fall out yet? lol
Old 08-03-2010, 09:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

that looks like a very well thought out design.....kudos to you........I am really looking forward to seeing one on the track in the USA.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:03 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Thank you all.

About the black anodising, that really depends on the track, some tracks it lasts long, some it lasts one race and half the chassis is scratched and silver.

And I havent had a diff fall out! That was my only concern, specially when running it in the rear position, that it would move, but it doesnt.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ View Post
Thank you all.

About the black anodising, that really depends on the track, some tracks it lasts long, some it lasts one race and half the chassis is scratched and silver.

And I havent had a diff fall out! That was my only concern, specially when running it in the rear position, that it would move, but it doesnt.
jq

do u design the car for american tracks or european tracks ?
Old 08-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JQ View Post
More replies:

Kick up anstisquat and toe in are set with plastic bushings.
There is a distributor in the UK, will be announced later this month.
There is no distributor in Denmark yet, please email me.
There will be option parts throughout 2011.

What do you think about THE Wing?
wing design does look kinda cool, sort of "batlike" - good looks don't always relate to good performance however (my ex is a case in point! ) - was the design tested anywhere other than on the car itself? Also seems to follow the lines of the "JQ" logo too. Again was that intentional or just a good outcome of testing? Would it be fair to say it looks like quite a flexible material used? One last thing, of the 6,721 JQ logo designs that i seem to have seen I think you have chosen the best one for THE Car - stamping the receiver box is a nice touch too. As frustrating as the delays you have faced over the years have no doubt been, what I have seen so far suggests it will be worth the wait.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:40 AM
JQ
Tech Master

MILO: It was designed for EURO and USA tracks. I have some adjustments on it not found on other cars, purely for this reason. I dont want to make a US version, and a EU version, I prefer to make one size fits all. This is why I have kept it secret for so long. I will explain those features during the next few weeks.

About the logo, yes I cant figure that damn thing out!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:42 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie;7754637 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************77546 37******end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Cool maybe you could race the Byrons Fuel race Sept. 30th - Oct. 2nd at the Nitro Pit. Good luck with the car, it looks good.
I think I will be there just before, for PL race and JBRL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.