Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Alpha red head/green head, what pipe and plugs? >

Alpha red head/green head, what pipe and plugs?

Alpha red head/green head, what pipe and plugs?

Old 07-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Alpha red head/green head, what pipe and plugs?

What is the best pipe and plugs do best with the Alpha Green head and the Alpha Red head?? I currently have a Dynamite 053MR pipe, will this work fine for both engines?

As far as what im looking for, I mostly would like to focus on fuel mileage, both of these motors I hear have great power, so im mostly looking towards getting more min a tank.

Also, I know its not in the title, but also what plugs and pipe is good for the Werks B6?? I am stuck between these 3 motors and im just seeing what each runs the best on. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

With either of those two alpha engines your best overall performance and economy will be had with the a plus 0801 pipe and a p3 plug. You can get away with using a OD97T plug if you want to save a little coin but the p3 is a little better IMO!

Let me know when the time comes I have the Alphas in stock along with the pipes and haven't gotten the B6's in yet but they are only a phone call away!
Old 07-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9
What is the best pipe and plugs do best with the Alpha Green head and the Alpha Red head?? I currently have a Dynamite 053MR pipe, will this work fine for both engines?

As far as what im looking for, I mostly would like to focus on fuel mileage, both of these motors I hear have great power, so im mostly looking towards getting more min a tank.

Also, I know its not in the title, but also what plugs and pipe is good for the Werks B6?? I am stuck between these 3 motors and im just seeing what each runs the best on. Thanks in advance!
With the Alpha go with the A-Plus or any GO 0801 pipe and OS P3 plug. I have a few friends that race the Alpha motors with Novarossi carbs and get killer fuel mileage and the engines just keep impressing.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Ok. Actually if I go with the Alpha engine (which I probably will) I will be getting one from you. I believe you are the one I got the Squid charger lead from a couple weeks ago, right? Twisted rc? If this is the right guy anyway, lol.

What kind of deal could you give me for a motor/pipe combo for the Alpha Green head? Im local so I would be picking this up in person

PM me
Old 07-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

lol were in the same pot haha im not sure which to buy im thinkin red head alpha or b6 for my buggy
Old 07-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

yea I hear really good things about each motor! And if you make a thread "Which to choose" everybody will give you opinions for either one.

I would guess between the B6 and Alpha that performance and reliability are about the same from the things I been hearing.

So im about to just say screw it and get which ever one has the best looks, lol

oh and that would be the green head Alpha.....
Old 07-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ok. Actually if I go with the Alpha engine (which I probably will) I will be getting one from you. I believe you are the one I got the Squid charger lead from a couple weeks ago, right? Twisted rc? If this is the right guy anyway, lol.

What kind of deal could you give me for a motor/pipe combo for the Alpha Green head? Im local so I would be picking this up in person

PM me
i would go with green Alpha, 0801 pipe, and P3 plugs. run 30-11 byrons fuel, seems to like it. run big name brand fuel this time. i honestly think the fuel you were running in your Nova is what ruined it. i have ran the Green and Orange head in both buggy and truggy and the Green head is one amazing all around engine. i loved it in buggy.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

the only thing is jmaxey is that my nearest hobby shop that sells top end fuels are like 50 miles away. I know you can order fuel, but I mostly see that you can order quart size and bulk. I wouldn't want to buy bulk b/c I only race every other weekend and I dont want that much fuel just sitting.

what would you suggest doing?
Old 07-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

If you keep your fuel in a cool , dry place off of concrete it should last a while. I keep mine in a closet on a shelf & it's always o.k. It should last at least a month or 2 prob. more .
Old 07-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

the only thing is jmaxey is that my nearest hobby shop that sells top end fuels are like 50 miles away. I know you can order fuel, but I mostly see that you can order quart size and bulk. I wouldn't want to buy bulk b/c I only race every other weekend and I dont want that much fuel just sitting.

what would you suggest doing?
You should bring that new Alpha down to Cape Fear Raceway Jeff! We're not too too far from you ;-)

www.capefearraceway.com
Old 07-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

On the alpha the 053 works pretty good but the best match is the 0801 alpha pipe . We run p-4 or p-3 plugs . Mostly p-3 .
Old 07-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I love my Green head, I was running it with a sh 2060 pipe and it screams, I just ordered a 0801 so we'll see how much of a difference that makes.

I'm running p3 plug's and 30% O'Donnell's fuel.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by iznasty
I love my Green head, I was running it with a sh 2060 pipe and it screams, I just ordered a 0801 so we'll see how much of a difference that makes.

it will be a whole nother animal!!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by romax
On the alpha the 053 works pretty good but the best match is the 0801 alpha pipe . We run p-4 or p-3 plugs . Mostly p-3 .
we run the P4 if its 95 degrees or hotter out, but my dad forgot to mention P4 has a narrow tuning window and thats why most dont run them. also if you want a smoother bottom the Alpha 2081 pipe is good too.

just know Alpha are touchy on tuning and run very hot, around 280.

if you want something that will last and is super easy to tune a Jammin JPX 21 or OD SS 21 will be for you. i still have a JPX with 8+ gallons on it and it still will fly! its a screamer and will always run flawless
Old 07-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iznasty

You should be seeing it any day now and I'm sure you're going to love the engine with the 0801. Let me know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.