Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Exhaust Gas Coolers? Good or Bad >

Exhaust Gas Coolers? Good or Bad

Exhaust Gas Coolers? Good or Bad

Old 07-25-2010, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blacksunshine
Well i guess that means Dlewis4 has one.Let me guess it looks trick!I don't think pre heating your engine is a waste of time.I just think comp heat is a waste of money.I know they work.I for one could use that money else where.
I have a Competition Heat engine warmer, yes. But this is not about those.

I dont use exhaust coolers as I do not know enough about them. I just dont see why you have to put down every product you disagree with. Everyone who makes a product obviously feels that it would help out in some way. If they ar emaking money off of it, more power to them.

No reason to put them/the product down.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
You've never seen a fuel filter leak? I have seen plenty develop air leaks and lead the user through an epic tuning battle. Simple solution... Cut out anything in the fuel system that can cause leaks and doesn't need to be there. The simpler the better when it comes to the fuel system.
+1 been down that road .
Old 07-25-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Klimpen717
I don't have one and I don't know/care if they work but I have some input.
It seems like everyone thinks the exhaust gas passes through in large amount and very fast! That is not true. The pressure line is there to keep PRESSURE on the fuel. There is actually not that much exhaust that goes THROUGH the line.
When you open the lid and re-fuel the pressure goes out and when you close the lid a small amount of gas will go into the tank until it's full and the pressure is built up, then there is no more exhaust gas going THROUGH the line/cooler. During the race the tank will get drained of fuel and the now empty space in the tank will get filled with exhaust gas but this is such a small amount and it is entering slowly.
Therefor a exhaust gas cooler will have very small or no effect.
Try to tune the engine without a pressure on the tank and connect the exhaust pressure nippel to a small tank (the one from a NT18) and drive one tank, you will be amazed what comes through the pressureline and that is without the gasses.
Try to learn more about oils, about how the viscocity changes on the influence of heat, within a few degrees it can change a lot and thats why people running a gasscooler do find a better and more stable tune. And because that more stable tune you can go one small step leaner.

Originally Posted by Klimpen717
If you guys that say it does work REALLY want your fuel to be cold/cooler listen to this.

Why don't you get a gas cooler and just put it on the fuel line instead?!
That way you will REALLY cool that fuel down.
Heck, why don't use a cooler on both lines. One on the exhaust and one on the fuel line. I'm not being sarcastic here, I'm serious! It would work pretty well!
Fluid cools (dissipates heat) better then air/gas so the small increment in fuel temperature added by the gas would EASILY be taken away if you let the fuel pass through even the smallest cooler. Take it from someone that has used Water Cooling for my PC for over ten years!
Yes, and that is why most people have an aluminium filter in the fuel line.

Are you guy's really that stupid?A cooler for the pulse line really?Don't you know the difference between somethings thats good or bad?This is a stupid idea that someone came up with and figured if they anadized something and put it on the market with the claim it cools the fuel down a bunch off people would jump on it and they would make a s**t load of money for something that serves no purpose.It dosen't work ..................Get over it.Its a scam .S**t is S**t no matter what color it is.Come on guy's wtf!!! I guess the one's who went out and got one of these will chime in telling how good it works.Fact is you have know idea if it works ...........And you threw your money away on something that makes no sence... I don't care what you say common sence tells me the idea is stupidAnd guess what it doesn't make you faster either!!!!!!!!!!!Sorry you have to earn that...
Ever readed this?
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/a...rticles_id=172
If you can explain/prove that his results are wrong than there is a reason to believe you.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thats right less is better.Stop your Dlewis4 .It is what it is
Old 07-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
I have a Competition Heat engine warmer, yes. But this is not about those.

I dont use exhaust coolers as I do not know enough about them. I just dont see why you have to put down every product you disagree with. Everyone who makes a product obviously feels that it would help out in some way. If they ar emaking money off of it, more power to them.

No reason to put them/the product down.
The only thing it helps is there bank account..............................They just don't work.Just because i man up and say something about it doesn't mean i'm just blogging off on it.Maybe what i say might save some kids some money!Have a nice day!As for me i'm going out to win some races.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

The only thing it helps is there bank account..............................They just don't work.Just because i man up and say something about it doesn't mean i'm just blogging off on it.Maybe what i say might save some kids some money!Have a nice day!As for me i'm going out to win some races.
I guess power winds door locks and sunroofs and air conditioning are just gimmicks to try an make a buck.

Don't buy a product if you don't want it. Don't bash a product if you have never used it. It's called common courtesy

You obviously support the little guy ( your fuel). I support the start ups that are trying to MAKE A LIVING in the rc world

Good luck out there today. I am about to wad out myself
Old 07-25-2010, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Roelof
Try to tune the engine without a pressure on the tank and connect the exhaust pressure nippel to a small tank (the one from a NT18) and drive one tank, you will be amazed what comes through the pressureline and that is without the gasses.
Try to learn more about oils, about how the viscocity changes on the influence of heat, within a few degrees it can change a lot and thats why people running a gasscooler do find a better and more stable tune. And because that more stable tune you can go one small step leaner.

Yes, and that is why most people have an aluminium filter in the fuel line.

Ever readed this?
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/a...rticles_id=172
If you can explain/prove that his results are wrong than there is a reason to believe you.
Dude I don't care.Go buy a bunch of them.You'll look real cool at the track.Have fun tracking down the air leakOr replacing your engine because it leaned out during the main.Been there and done that.And have learned from my mistakes.Good luck with your racing Bro.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I went and watched a dirt oval race yesterday and a guy had a cooler on his and he did have his on the actual fuel line, not the back pressure line.

I tell you what, for you guys that have tried these things and say they dont work and say they are waste of money. Send them to me, I will pay shipping through paypal. Seriously, PM me
Old 07-25-2010, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Dude I don't care.Go buy a bunch of them.You'll look real cool at the track.Have fun tracking down the air leakOr replacing your engine because it leaned out during the main.Been there and done that.And have learned from my mistakes.Good luck with your racing Bro.
mate over the past bit of post u have done i have noticed u really are very negative to any thing remotely newish just an observation but really mate it is wat it is just chill relax. U spend urs ur way they spend it there way and try keep the negative gear out of here

P.S i have one but to be honest i wouldn't say its good or bad as i for one am not experienced enough to tell cbf either
Old 07-25-2010, 06:02 AM
Tech Lord

If you do not care, why bashing this topic?

I have made mine:

It does not only work as a cooler but it has also a large volume inside working as a pressure chamber.

And yes, playing with the pressureline can do much, with loweing the pressure you can change the characteristic of the engine, and believe me, I have experimented a lot with this and do know the results.

About longer runtimes I did not notice anything but I can imagine the longer pressureline is lowering pressure which does give a less rich bottom end and the more consistance tune does alow a tiny bit leaner setting both saving fuel.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Roelof
that would be different to the normal ones i have seen this
look`s a little like a inter cooler like the turbo skyline have in the front but if ur happy
good luck with it
Old 07-25-2010, 06:22 AM
Tech Lord

Thanx!

There is only one commercial available looking like mine.
http://www.fioroni.com/inglese/news.asp?ID=48
Old 07-25-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Roelof
If you do not care, why bashing this topic?

I have made mine:

It does not only work as a cooler but it has also a large volume inside working as a pressure chamber.

And yes, playing with the pressureline can do much, with loweing the pressure you can change the characteristic of the engine, and believe me, I have experimented a lot with this and do know the results.

About longer runtimes I did not notice anything but I can imagine the longer pressureline is lowering pressure which does give a less rich bottom end and the more consistance tune does alow a tiny bit leaner setting both saving fuel.
Thats what i'm talking about.Way to go my friend you made it yourselfLooks like it has a better chance of working then anything else i've seen .Good JobAnybody here bell's ringing? Sounds like schools in.That looks awesomeThat to me is what really helps the up and comer.
Thanks for showing these boys how to use your brain.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here comes the clown again! LOL

I would love to see this list of races he is winning. LOL

Last edited by Kalgard Racing; 07-25-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kalgard Racing
Here comes the clown again! LOL

I would love to see this list of races he is winning. LOL
How about being undefeated at my local track .Yeah thats right undefeated thank you very muchNitro Truggy .How's your record lookin there Mr over priced spray cleaner Man LOL $7.95 + $7.95 shipping thats how you look out for the little guy huhAt least thats what one of your dealers is charging up here!Needless to say i don't buy any of it!SIMPLE GREEN............................................. .....Works everytime.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.