Tech Apprentice

if your interest let me know
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-optional.html

380 inc ship. both of them
Old 07-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Greg B
How on this earth, do you spend $800 on a D8 ? Was it decked out in diamonds and gold. I WOULDN'T SPEND $800 ON A CAR. WILL PEOPLE EVER LEARN THAT THE CAR DOESN'T MAKE YOU FASTER, THE DRIVING DOES.
Take the cal and start with all of the HB light weight Hop up and you have the 800$ in hop up!!

all the plastic are cheap like a Nikko car but i never broke any on my D8
Old 07-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Xchange
T

all the plastic are cheap like a Nikko car but i never broke any on my D8
It's definately not Xray or Mugen plastic, but it's better than AE's plastic. And no silly plastic shock bushings to wear out every race.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

I'm definitely a little biased here, because I've never driven a RC8. I love my D8. My rig, as it sits would cost about $450 give or take a few bucks. It's stock with a BCE chassis, aluminum servo horn, M2C outer hinge pins, and yellow springs for the rear. Super planted and controllable.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
It's definately not Xray or Mugen plastic, but it's better than AE's plastic. And no silly plastic shock bushings to wear out every race.
Havn't replaced one piece of plastic or worn out shock bushings on my Buggy or Truggy this year.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FLHX1550
Havn't replaced one piece of plastic or worn out shock bushings on my Buggy or Truggy this year.
Race much? My RC8 needed:

blue shock bushings at least every other race weekends
rod ends every 5 racedays
chassis brace ends every 5-8
rear uprights- 10
caster hubs-10
multiple shims all the darn time
arms 10-12

Either you don't run much or your car is really floppy and it needs all the above. I bet I could find tons of play. My RC8 would get vauge and lose rotation quickly if I didn't keep up with replaceing plastic.

No such problems with my 808, 809. My D8t needs a couple spot taken care of. M2c hingepins and a shim or two on the inner pins takes care of that.

Not to mention the Rc8's pinion gear digging a hole in the chassis, hingpin ejection, easy bend wings, and insane pill thingys.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I race plenty, I get out once during the week and one day a weekend with the exception that our series has a race a month in which it is an entire weekend. All since April (when both were new).

My only complaint about the platform as far as durability is that I have bent several rear outer hinge pins. Nothing that has led me to DNF, just bent enough to bind the suspension.

The blue shock bushings are $2.59 for the set of 4. Have 2 sets of new spares, just havn't replaced any due to worn (lost a couple in the grass when wrenching at the track).

From the description I can tell the platform you were racing was the RC8, not the 8b ( not chassis brace ends on the B car), so there is a good chance things have changed.

As far as rotation, my car has plenty.

This gentleman asked for the opinion of the two platforms. You gave yours, I gave mine. Nuf said.