Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
whats the diffrence between medium clutch shoes and hard shores ? >

whats the diffrence between medium clutch shoes and hard shores ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

whats the diffrence between medium clutch shoes and hard shores ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Default whats the diffrence between medium clutch shoes and hard shores ?

ive been running, hard clutch shoes like the dynamite clutch shoes and i want to try something else.

i been looking at the, king heads medium shoes for the eight are they any good ?

do the meduim shoes give, you more punch and are they easier on the clutch bell ? and how long, do the med last and do the king heads shoes mushroom alot ?
Old 08-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by tc5 man
ive been running, hard clutch shoes like the dynamite clutch shoes and i want to try something else.

i been looking at the, king heads medium shoes for the eight are they any good ?

do the meduim shoes give, you more punch and are they easier on the clutch bell ? and how long, do the med last and do the king heads shoes mushroom alot ?

i meant hard shoes on the post sorry.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

medium clutches shoes will be softer material than the hard...

medium shoes will have a shorter life and grab a little better..

the hard shoes will wear longer than the mediums but will not grab as hard as the medium shoes...

never tried the kings head shoes/ products but most of there products seem to be very good quality...
Old 08-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
medium clutches shoes will be softer material than the hard...

the hard shoes will wear longer than the mediums but will not grab as hard as the medium shoes...

never tried the kings head shoes/ products but most of there products seem to be very good quality...

ok thanks yea the king heads shoes look good ! so how long would the med shoes last about a gallon ? i would think they whould be easier on the cluch bell if anything.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

i really could not tell you how long they would last since i have never ran them..
no i am not trying to tell you these shoes are better and should buy them just an example only...
i run the answer-rc shoes long life and get about 2-3 months on a set of shoes.. yes each week i take them out and file them back into shape..
the only real way to tell would long they will last is to buy a set of the kingz head shoes and run them... sorry i could not help you out any better... jeremy
Old 08-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Whiting

Not True on the life span, Pending the set-up Soft's can and Will last Just as long as Hards....It ALL depends on the Motor/Vehicle/driver/Track condition's.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Not True on the life span, Pending the set-up Soft's can and Will last Just as long as Hards....It ALL depends on the Motor/Vehicle/driver/Track condition's.
And spring.

The KHZ shoes are really good shoes. I've run their 7075 hard shoes with success in the past. They lasted quite awhile though I don't remember exactly how long. Its been a long time since I ran aluminum clutch shoes.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Prophet

well i plan on running the gold/green on the med shoes
and the track i run on is dry and loose and ruff.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
And spring.

The KHZ shoes are really good shoes. I've run their 7075 hard shoes with success in the past. They lasted quite awhile though I don't remember exactly how long. Its been a long time since I ran aluminum clutch shoes.

ok cool il try, the king head shoes than did they mushroom a lot ?
Old 08-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I like the 2061 kHz shoes over all other shoes. They last just as long and they bite hard. I would say that harder shoes would not last as long as they slip more which creates heat and wears them faster. A softer shoe bites and sticks. I have run both 7975 and 6061 and I prefer the 6061. I like all alum in buggy and truggy. Springs depend on the engine with speed engines I end up with green/gold in the truggy and green/black in the buggy. You need a powerful engine to run blk springs. The speed works well with blk springs, the reg vspec did not. But blk/green does smooth it out a lot. I could nail it and it would accelerate very very smoothly. It was too smooth which felt like no bottom. Try the 6061 shoes you will prob like them.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Frank L
I like the 2061 kHz shoes over all other shoes. They last just as long and they bite hard. I would say that harder shoes would not last as long as they slip more which creates heat and wears them faster. A softer shoe bites and sticks. I have run both 7975 and 6061 and I prefer the 6061. I like all alum in buggy and truggy. Springs depend on the engine with speed engines I end up with green/gold in the truggy and green/black in the buggy. You need a powerful engine to run blk springs. The speed works well with blk springs, the reg vspec did not. But blk/green does smooth it out a lot. I could nail it and it would accelerate very very smoothly. It was too smooth which felt like no bottom. Try the 6061 shoes you will prob like them.

allright i ordered the 6061 king headz, shoes i plan on using the gold/green alum shoe setup on the truggy.

yea i dont think the black springs, whould work very good on the rb s5
its not the most powerfull its enough though.

im interested in seeing how powerfull it will be after one gallon