Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Sportwerks .26 V2 run time >

Sportwerks .26 V2 run time

Sportwerks .26 V2 run time

Old 07-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Sportwerks .26 V2 run time

Yesterday, I took my Sportwerks Turmoil RTR out to the track. I finally have it running good after going through quite a few glow plugs. I was in competition in the Main and with about 33 seconds left, I ran out of fuel, giving me only 5 and 1/2 minutes of run time after I pitted. I didn't even think I was running it that hard but who can say when you're competing. I began thinking of ways to get a longer run time and have come up with a few options. First off, I could get a better pipe for it that would increase my fuel efficiency. The thing is, after looking through countless forums and such, I haven't really found any information that would help me. Each engine reacts differently with different pipes and I haven't been able to find what people think is the best pipe for the Sportwerks .26 V2. Another option is to put a larger tank in it. It only came with a 126cc tank and being a bigger motor for a buggy, it also takes more fuel. My brother has an Ofna Picco .21 buggy with a 145cc tank and he still had 1/3 of a tank left after the main when pitting around the time I did. I thought if I could find a larger tank that would be compatible with my chassis, that could extend my run time by quite a bit. My last option would be to make my fuel lines a lot longer so I can hold more fuel but that can only go so far before you start getting a tangled mess. lol. If anyone had any suggestions or experience with this motor on how I could get a longer run time without greatly effecting the power, that would be GREATLY appreciated. I really love this motor when it is running well and I replaced the piston and sleeve in it at the beginning of the year so a new engine is out of the question. Thanks.

-Chris