Worth it?

Old 07-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Worth it?

Hi, I was just wanted to know if it was worth it buying the conversion kit for Jammin X1-CR to convert it to the X2?...or should I just invest my money in a new ride such as a losi or hb?
Old 07-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (99%+)

in my opinion i would upgrade to a more recent buggy whether it be a losi, HB, or whatever you choose. the jammin is still a competitive car, but it is a bit out of date compared to the others out now and many like to refer to it as a TANK because it is very heavy. just my .02
Old 07-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Actually converting to x2 makes it handle worse . My son converted his to x2 when the conversion first came out & we just could not get a good set up on it . Eventually sold it & switched brands . IMO the x1 with 16 mm big bores is better than the x2 . Now the truggy is a different story the x2 is much better . Go figure .
Old 07-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by romax
Actually converting to x2 makes it handle worse . My son converted his to x2 when the conversion first came out & we just could not get a good set up on it . Eventually sold it & switched brands . IMO the x1 with 16 mm big bores is better than the x2 . Now the truggy is a different story the x2 is much better . Go figure .
im the son. the X1 is way better with 16mm shocks. i ran the X2 for a little and tried different setups every time i drove it and nothing would work. it was way to loose and way to unstable. also all the x2 parts wore way faster. like my dad said the X2 truggy is AWESOME. the jammins arent that heavy, my HBs weighs a good bit more. IMO sell the jammin and get a D8. its way better and the only NEEDED upgrade is the aluminum servo horn on steering. i borrowed a friends buggy (i run truggy now) for a a month or so and the only thing i changed was put on the long shock ends on the rear and moved to the outside hole on the A-arm. that thing was dialed. i have driven a few D8s with the so called "musts" and IMO its worse. i hated the long shocks and all. only thing i liked was the one i drove with everything stock with just lightened drivetrain. but still for 275+8 servo horn, you really cant beat it. before i was barely cracking the top 5 here and there with the jammin buggy (won a couple races on the jammin truggy but raced it 3 times lol) and since i switch to HB i have yet to finish worse than third besides the one race i popped a glow plug and didnt have a spare and DNF'd. but IMO stick with the X1 or go to the D8

my 2 cents.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I'll echo the same....my buddy converted his X1 to an X2 and we could never get a decent setup on it, far worse than the X1 for buggy. IMO, look at what the local guys have, test drive a few laps with a couple that look intrigueing and buy the one that feels best.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Addict

I can tell you I used to love my Jammin's but I won a HB D8 in a raffle and I never looked back. My HB is much easier to drive.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Personally unwound have to say go with something new. I love my losi. It jumps better and corners tighter than any hb car I have seen. I think the hb car is a little more numb to imput that could be good for you or it could be bad. The losi is very light and more razor sharp depends on what you like in a car. (personaly I don't like hb cars but like I said it's personal. I know guys I race with that love them
Old 07-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Personally unwound have to say go with something new. I love my losi. It jumps better and corners tighter than any hb car I have seen. I think the hb car is a little more numb to imput that could be good for you or it could be bad. The losi is very light and more razor sharp depends on what you like in a car. (personaly I don't like hb cars but like I said it's personal. I know guys I race with that love them
what does this thread have to do with getting a losi
Old 07-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

keep in mind frank has losi tat'ed on his bum.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Thanks for the feedback

Thanks guys for all the feedback. I think im going to stick with the x1 the rest of the year and pick up some big bore shocks for it. Then maybe over the winter buy a HB D8. Also does anyone know if the x2 cr big bore shocks fit on the x1? Thanks.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

Yep, they'll fit.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jabers44
Thanks guys for all the feedback. I think im going to stick with the x1 the rest of the year and pick up some big bore shocks for it. Then maybe over the winter buy a HB D8. Also does anyone know if the x2 cr big bore shocks fit on the x1? Thanks.
I have some BB jammin shocks i can sell ya ... hardly used .. also have the white and silver (heavier springs) that are still in the package .. pm let me know
Old 07-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Im really uncertain that the x2 is a bad car. The few Ive seen in this area worked really well for the guys. If you find a conversion kit dirt cheap then go for it. However I will agree that the design/layout is getting a little dated.
If your driving isnt great, unable to hold consistent lines,poor throttle control, on your lid ect. keep running what ya have until your skills are competitive enough to warrant a new car.
Also for sure the BB shocks will make a difference on any car....even a cen!
Old 07-10-2010, 03:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by kamlooper
Im really uncertain that the x2 is a bad car. The few Ive seen in this area worked really well for the guys. If you find a conversion kit dirt cheap then go for it. However I will agree that the design/layout is getting a little dated.
If your driving isnt great, unable to hold consistent lines,poor throttle control, on your lid ect. keep running what ya have until your skills are competitive enough to warrant a new car.
Also for sure the BB shocks will make a difference on any car....even a cen!
Kamlooper is right... The best upgrade is pratice and pratice...