What tires for a fast & dusty track?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What tires for a fast & dusty track?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Champion

I can't find them in France . They only sell Proline, AKA, 6mik and Medialpro here
Old 07-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by MikeFriery
So, if your running on a blue groove track at night and the temp drops to 70, do you run a super soft tire.

but if your running on the same track in the heat of the day, and its 140+ you run a hard tire?

sorry but this doesn't seem quite right

yea i agree that doesnt sound right, theres no way a hard compound tire get grip when the track is that hot lol.

the only compound i use is soft, all around and they grip good when its dry and hot .
Old 07-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by porkchop
wow some ppl have alot to learn time for some tire schooling i gusse.
take your temp gun out that we done use to tune motors and cheek the track temp if it over 90 degs but yur soft tires away.
why because the pin rolls over to much and it cause it to wear and you are losing tracion.

you run a med tire you get longer wear more consistan and you have traction again.

once you hit 135 track temps it time to pull out a harder tire

any questions stutdents?
im with Chop on this one fella's!

tyres over heat!!! losing performance!

super softs always start out great but once they overheat (summer on a hot track) they stop performing as well! especially in a long main i've definetly noticed the point when all of a sudden the whole feel of the handling changes.

at night on a cool track super softs for sure or in a heat super softs but when i want to be sure my tyres will remain consistant for 30 - 60 mins i usually go for a harder compound in hot conditions!

Mike
Old 07-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by pantera nitro
im with Chop on this one fella's!

tyres over heat!!! losing performance!

super softs always start out great but once they overheat (summer on a hot track) they stop performing as well! especially in a long main i've definetly noticed the point when all of a sudden the whole feel of the handling changes.

at night on a cool track super softs for sure or in a heat super softs but when i want to be sure my tyres will remain consistant for 30 - 60 mins i usually go for a harder compound in hot conditions!

Mike

have you tried a soft compond, tire when its hot and dusty on the track ?

they dont seem to fade, traction wise during a 20 minute main at least.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

AKA enduros are my favorite tire right now for buggy . I use soft even in 100 degree heat & they work great . I am going to try med . to see if they work better . I have tried med. calibers on the same track on the same day & they didn't work as good . Was it because of tread pattern or compound ? Don't know . The calibers do work great when track is wet though . The track you are describing sounds similar to the one i race on .
Old 07-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tc5 man
have you tried a soft compond, tire when its hot and dusty on the track ?

they dont seem to fade, traction wise during a 20 minute main at least.

yeah i generally run cityblock softs (green dot i think) or calibers softs or even an Ibeam on the rear if im looking for a bit more bite on excelleration. on a looser track

the super softs (blue dot?) are awesome dont get me wrong and for a 20min race the supersofts would pretty much do the job consistantly throughout the race in hot conditions.

it was more the long mains i was referring to!
Old 07-08-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Champion

For now I run Crimefighter and Bowtie in M2 compound and I'm happy with them but the weather is getting very hot here (90°F). Shouldn't I go for a hard compound? What is more I run my 808 in brushless so tires wear is faster than nitro buggies..

Jerome Sartel (a good driver) used Proline Revolver for the track, what do you think about them in XTR compound?

Thanks