aka enduros

Old 05-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 155 (99%+)
Default aka enduros

anybody know anything about these new tires? what type of conditions are these tires good for? how big is the lug on them? are they crimefighter type or smaller more like a revolver?
Old 05-01-2010, 06:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I just got a sent Look Awesome i only run them 1 time the track was Dry and Dusty and they did not work to good but should work GOOD on a track that has been watered are Blue Grooved.

The Blocks are a little bigger then Crime Fighters but should work better then Crime Fighters.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Bigger than a crime? Holy crap I was hoping the were gonna be small. Something to kinda compare to a revolver. Oh well guess I won't be trying them. Don't really have anything I need to run a large pin
Old 05-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Enduro is an excellent blue groove final tire, We ran a set for 45 mins and the tire felt constant for the entire race.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by blade954
Enduro is an excellent blue groove final tire, We ran a set for 45 mins and the tire felt constant for the entire race.
Thats what i was thinking but i have not got to run them on Blue Groove Yet .
Old 05-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If you want something like a crimefighter than you have the AKA crossbrace. That tire kinda of sucks in soft compound I have only liked it as a medium or hard.

the Enduros look to be tailor made for blue groove, or wherever you have hard abrasive conditions. Meanwhile I have a set and eager for the opportunity to try them out in the right conditions.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

not looking for something like a crimefighter, looking for something more like a revolver. that tire works all over where i race. and that is what i was hoping the enduro was gonna be like that
Old 05-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

the enduro tire is not as big as a crimefighter its more like the revolver
Old 05-02-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have both the new enduro's in soft and also the revolver in m3... The tires are very simular in feel on a hard clean surface.. I do like the enduro a little bit better for all around, like if the track is not clean or a little dusty,loose but NO loam...The revolvers tend to loose some response for me when the little pins wear off the top of the hexes.... The enduro's seem to stay really consistant and wear very little. I have been running the same set of enduros (soft) for over 3 weeks and I love em...
Old 05-02-2010, 08:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by rosko
the enduro tire is not as big as a crimefighter its more like the revolver
WHAT? Do you have the tires and have you looked at them? The Pins are Bigger then the Pins on the Crimfighters.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

AKA Enduro's have a short (not tall) lug, with a sipe in each lug. At first glance it looks like an on-road tire, which makes it great for those blue grooved type tracks. I ran them at Nitro Challenge, and they were hooked on that type of surface. On a hard compact surface, with maybe a tiny bit of dampness, these tires are HOOKED!

If you race on a loamy type surface, they may be a little "skatey" and not work as well, as another AKA design, but if hard pack is your surface, you will definitely want to give the Enduros a try.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Chad Man
I have both the new enduro's in soft and also the revolver in m3... The tires are very simular in feel on a hard clean surface.. I do like the enduro a little bit better for all around, like if the track is not clean or a little dusty,loose but NO loam...The revolvers tend to loose some response for me when the little pins wear off the top of the hexes.... The enduro's seem to stay really consistant and wear very little. I have been running the same set of enduros (soft) for over 3 weeks and I love em...
I have about 4 weeks on mine at the same conditions. They allow you to slide the rear in these conditions. The wear on them is by far better than any tire I have ran and even in the soft compound.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I have the tire in Medium but i will be getting a set in Soft soon to take out to the AMS Race with me.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by itsshemp
AKA Enduro's have a short (not tall) lug, with a sipe in each lug. At first glance it looks like an on-road tire, which makes it great for those blue grooved type tracks. I ran them at Nitro Challenge, and they were hooked on that type of surface. On a hard compact surface, with maybe a tiny bit of dampness, these tires are HOOKED!

If you race on a loamy type surface, they may be a little "skatey" and not work as well, as another AKA design, but if hard pack is your surface, you will definitely want to give the Enduros a try.

Thank you for clearing that up!

There is absolutely no comparison between the CF and the Enduro. They are for two totally different surfaces.

I used them successfully at;

Nitro Challenge (moist and somewhat hard packed)
Silver State ( Dry and hard packed)
Enduro SC tire (Very moist indoor clay & moist hard pack with surface loam outdoor)
Old 05-02-2010, 11:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Thank you for clearing that up!

There is absolutely no comparison between the CF and the Enduro. They are for two totally different surfaces.

I used them successfully at;

Nitro Challenge (moist and somewhat hard packed)
Silver State ( Dry and hard packed)
Enduro SC tire (Very moist indoor clay & moist hard pack with surface loam outdoor)
Did you run the Soft are the Super Soft?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.