Wiki Posts
Search

air leak

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default air leak

usually makes your engine run lean and hot right? Or at least erratic but still leaner in general?
Old 06-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

you said it all
Old 06-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cary
you said it all
so does this mean i am right? or are you saying i talk to much

I am going through a process of elimination. eliminating an air leak would be a HUGE help.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
so does this mean i am right? or are you saying i talk to much
BOTH
Old 06-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

And the search function works too. Seriously.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losi_racer
BOTH

This is good news!!

The bad news is i still have to get ready for a 10 am start time tomorrow, its 10:30 and i have shocks to rebuild and 2 diffs etc. Ahhh good times i tell ya!

Would a weak glo (weather it be ignitor or plug) be responsible for a extremely low idle? This is my last hope. That or the last 2 jugs of oddonnel fuel i have bought are bad.

I have heard that a weak battery or plug creates a weak glo that never gets hot enough.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Champion

This is good news!!

The bad news is i still have to get ready for a 10 am start time tomorrow, its 10:30 and i have shocks to rebuild and 2 diffs etc. Ahhh good times i tell ya!

Would a weak glo (weather it be ignitor or plug) be responsible for a extremely low idle? This is my last hope. That or the last 2 jugs of oddonnel fuel i have bought are bad.

I have heard that a weak battery or plug creates a weak glo that never gets hot enough.
im not sure, i mean it would make since, your not burning the fuel so it would be rich. change it and try it out. Did leaning it out not fix it???
Old 06-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xrayeddy
And the search function works too. Seriously.
really? You took all that time to come in my thread and post that i should use a "search function"?

UUhhhh ***sigh***

great more time wasted.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

im not sure, i mean it would make since, your not burning the fuel so it would be rich. change it and try it out. Did leaning it out not fix it???
Unfortunatley no. It's makes it worse actually. I am holding out hope that it's just a really bad tune. But on both engines? Least i can stop going nuts chasing an air leak.

THe only thing i have not changed in both engines is the rear bearings which are not that old and felt fine when i checked.

It's almost like there is water in the fuel. My mid range needles are flush with the hole in the middle. I hope my mid needles are not screwed up so bad i cannot get a tune.

The engine screams on top but will not idle and take off is good too.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Unfortunatley no. It's makes it worse actually. I am holding out hope that it's just a really bad tune. But on both engines? Least i can stop going nuts chasing an air leak.

THe only thing i have not changed in both engines is the rear bearings which are not that old and felt fine when i checked.

It's almost like there is water in the fuel. My mid range needles are flush with the hole in the middle. I hope my mid needles are not screwed up so bad i cannot get a tune.
if its in two engines and it just started it your fuel or tank most likely. to check your mid range take your high speed needle off the carb body and make sure the spray nozzle for the mid range is facing straight up the high speed needle.

People say put the mid range flush n the 2 o clock pos, from my findings its actually like 12-1. 2 is a little far
Old 06-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

if its in two engines and it just started it your fuel or tank most likely. to check your mid range take your high speed needle off the carb body and make sure the spray nozzle for the mid range is facing straight up the high speed needle.

People say put the mid range flush n the 2 o clock pos, from my findings its actually like 12-1. 2 is a little far
so it might be an air leak in my tank? I don't see any air bubbles. Maybe a couple but nothing to make it idle like this. How could my tank do this when i thought i eliminated air leaks?
Old 06-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Champion

so it might be an air leak in my tank? I don't see any air bubbles. Maybe a couple but nothing to make it idle like this. How could my tank do this when i thought i eliminated air leaks?
if your 100% sure your tank is good, lines are good, exhaust seals are good. then i would go after your fuel, dont dump it out but just buy a new gallon from a different location
Old 06-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

did you rebuild the engine properly piston and rod in the right direction. not that i dont think you know what your doin just sometime we overlook things
like that. well ive have atleast maybe that means i dont know what im doin huh
Old 06-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

but i would definatly stop trying to run it and tear it back down because if the rear bearing is not seated all the way and the crank pin is hitting the back plate you could be doin more harm than you would think.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

really? You took all that time to come in my thread and post that i should use a "search function"?

UUhhhh ***sigh***

great more time wasted.

Just seems like you start new threads everytime you have a question. Which is fine I guess, but using the search function on here will reveal a ton of info. And in the time it took you to post this question and wait for answers, you could have read 10 pages of info regarding this.

The more you read the more you'll know.