Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_in_mexico
Pro racers would probably be the best candidates
YES SIR YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Thumbs down

We finally get a body that clears the air cleaner and throttle linkage and it's outlaw go figure
Old 06-25-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i know i may catch crap for this but isnt a women in charge of it
maybe thats why women cant be in power
Old 06-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
i still bought a bulldog body. F--- Roar : )
+1
Old 06-25-2010, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by mrbusta
i know i may catch crap for this but isnt a women in charge of it
maybe thats why women cant be in power
DO U THINK, HAHAHA MAYBE U WONT CATCH CRAP!!! HAHAHA, HEY HE OR SHE HAD TO BE VOTED IN??? VOTE IN SOMEONE ELSE.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain america

Cost is actually the greatest regulator of all: if buggy prices start to skyrocket, far fewer people will be able to afford them and the hobby goes downhill, so in many ways the consumer's ability/desire to spend is/will be what keeps the market in check. Do you realize that a Kyosho Burns from 22 years ago was about $500? Overall, prices have remained fairly stable in the hobby, but we get a lot more bang for that buck now than we did back then.

As for winglets and other aero devices, again, I think that market price/demand will determine that, and where the almighty dollar fails, practicality will kick-in. Remember, you can't apply the same downforce-generating devices and methods as, say, an F1 car, simply because when you're racing on dirt, the surface is uneven, rendering certain aero devices unreliable, and would also kick-up so much loose dirt/dust that any such gimmicks would be canned the first time out.

there is an old saying somewhere that to make a small fortune in racing you start out with a large fortune. racing has never been practical.

cost is a great regulator for appliances and g-rated entertainment but not racing. captain said that if costs skyrocket the hobby/sport would go downhill. I don't think ROAR is ignorant of that. they saw themselves what happened to on-road and the lack of aggressive regulation. aero stuff gets costly too.

there was probably no rigid rules to offroad bodies because there was no perceived areo advantages. with the new bodies claiming such and reports coming back there might be. The line needs to get drawn with roof heights, cab size and location. side pod dimensions. and such. Roars folly is not acting on this way sooner.

And now there has to have time for coordination between mfg's and Efra, Ifmar etc. so most everyone is on the same page. I am sure guidelines will be forthcoming.

Meanwhile there are no black helicopters and serpent should not have gotten away with running their "banned" body.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnny t
and serpent should not have gotten away with running their "banned" body.
I think that this statement illustrates part of what's got people upset. It's one thing to want to have clear set rules and dimensions for bodywork--which I'm all in favor of. But when ROAR stipulates that a certain body is "illegal" and then turns a blind eye to its use at one of their sanctioned events, you really have to wonder about their credibility.

Perhaps they should hold off on "the body-ban" for a while, sit down with the other governing bodies and 1: hammer-out guidelines that will be uniform to all, and 2, give manufacturers the necessary grace period to get up to spec.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Tech Adept

i am glad the bodies dont look scale. the bodies look great the way they are and it makes it more fun it your driving a good looking ride
Old 06-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

ROAR Presidents seat is up for election this year...so are all the even numbered Regional Directors. The Regional Directors are the ROAR reps that you would most likely be dealing with on large race events.

If we all are going to have any of this change then we all need to get on the ROAR site...stay updated on when the vote is and VOTE. It's suppose to be later this year.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:21 PM
Tech Addict

Bill, how many of the folks commenting are even ROAR members? Of those how many even bother to vote? Typical ROAR elections seem to be decided by votes in the single digit percentage of membership. You are right, people need to get involved if they want change.

Ed M.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamminx2kid
i am glad the bodies dont look scale. the bodies look great the way they are and it makes it more fun it your driving a good looking ride
+1 look at the cars from the Euros with all the new bodies and the guys over there getting faster and faster and pushing the limit. With ROAR it's like we are racing in 2000 not 2010. My first 1/8 buggy was in 84 and was chain drive with a side exaust OPS and a ATTack stick radio and I had more money in that than in my 2010 Serpent 811 well close. The cars today are very refined versions of the Kyosho inferno and thank god for the aftermarket pushing the limit, it has made for a bad A$$ ride and a great hobby I still enjoy. The aftermarket sponsors people to show the technology and the new products they make not the old stuff and IMO what ROAR did was hurt the aftermarket the companies that help the hobby (sport) grow. It should have been a showcase for new cool stuff, not stuff we find in the discount bin at the LHS. ROAR Member 10-119524
Old 06-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

This argument is getting old and tired, especially for me. I started this back in November of 09, and i have went from being called an ass by the president of ROAR to the place i am now. I personally run the Bulldog bodies, and i run Proline VTR truggy rims. I can care less that they are illegal, because i like the performance of them.

Now, for ROAR's stances, i honestly don't think this is about looks anymore. I think that is where is started, but after reading the requirements for approval; I think this is all about MONEY!!!!

Everybody has to be approved know, and with approval each member of the committee that approves a body has to be sent the body, and ROAR gets a check for something like 325 bucks per body. I read between the lines, and see more then i probably should because i see that as each body for each car has to be approved. The losi Bulldog is majorly different the the AE Bulldog, so i see it as each body requires the check and bodies sent to the 5 or 6 people. With something like 15 brands, all having a body that needs approved for buggy and another for truggy. You start seeing that ROAR will make around 10k just off of manufacturers alone for the current line of bodies. That number goes up if they have electric cars, or they release a new version with a couple line changes.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
This argument is getting old and tired, especially for me. I started this back in November of 09, and i have went from being called an ass by the president of ROAR to the place i am now. I personally run the Bulldog bodies, and i run Proline VTR truggy rims. I can care less that they are illegal, because i like the performance of them.

Now, for ROAR's stances, i honestly don't think this is about looks anymore. I think that is where is started, but after reading the requirements for approval; I think this is all about MONEY!!!!

Everybody has to be approved know, and with approval each member of the committee that approves a body has to be sent the body, and ROAR gets a check for something like 325 bucks per body. I read between the lines, and see more then i probably should because i see that as each body for each car has to be approved. The losi Bulldog is majorly different the the AE Bulldog, so i see it as each body requires the check and bodies sent to the 5 or 6 people. With something like 15 brands, all having a body that needs approved for buggy and another for truggy. You start seeing that ROAR will make around 10k just off of manufacturers alone for the current line of bodies. That number goes up if they have electric cars, or they release a new version with a couple line changes.
r u saying the money talks and the bull-sh1t walk???? the body with the biggest check in the package wins?? or did i miss something?
Old 06-26-2010, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

i dont understand all the complaining. There are very few Roar events and even fewer level 5 events(the only events the body and VTR rules would be enforced). If you dont like the rules, dont go.You never hear the pros complain, they know there are rules and they have to be followed.
Get over it, its not the end of the world. How much are these rules really going to effect you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.