Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
ROAR quit being stupid >

ROAR quit being stupid

ROAR quit being stupid

Old 07-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Show me the wind tunnel test results. Show me Ty's laptimes showing that that body took .5 seconds off his laptimes.

They are toys first, I doubt that a company such as proline, JC etc will spend the couple 1000 dollars to test the body. Every company say their stuff is the best and give an example why. That may be the thought behind making it but test to prove that thought, I dont think so.
Or you could try it yourself and see if it's better......If it isn't.....then don't buy it again....hmmm capitalism weird...... Wind tunnels eh?

Stop making mountains out of mole hills.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

sometimes it seems they have their heads in their wind tunnels if you ask me.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm still on the fence whether this is good or bad. I do have 1 of the new bodies on my car and I like the looks. I do also like to see decent organization and reasonable rules meant to keep the playing field level. My issue with ROAR is often their reasoning which sometimes makes little sense and appears blatently influenced by their favorite manufacturer of the week.

For the bodies, there is all this talk about looking like the real thing, etc. I'm not sure the new bodies aren't the closest we've been lately if not the closest ever to the real thing.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Been checking this thread just about everytime I am on here,

Been a ROAR member almost as long as I have been racing. I am glad that they have done alot of the grunt work that many clubs/tracks would have been doing on their own for rules and such. Saves alot of headaches most of the time as many clubs/tracks use all or parts of the ROAR rule book for their needs. Having said that, I have seen ROAR make a few fumbles here and there. The recent body issue is just one more. I understand the direction ROAR wants to go, but don't understand the steps to get there. I get some of it, but not enough to totally agree. The real issue that I see is that this has become a Public Relations nightmare and I hope that ROAR can see that. It is very hard to get people to want to be a ROAR member when they hear of issues such as the body issue or just do not see any value in being one. I know that there will always be people that just do not want to be a part of ROAR for many reasons, sometimes it is what it is.

Now do I think ROAR should no longer be? No, not exactly. They still have a place in racing, but I would like to see a little more effort put back into the smaller ROAR events such as Regionals or State races. Not everyone can go to the Nats. I know that with some of the other series races that happen during the summer it is a little harder to do. Yet I do remember when the State race or Regionals carried a little more weight to them.

Do I think ROAR is perfect? No, not at all. There is always room for improvement. The focus has to be how to make things better for all, not a few. I would hope that is something that is being done now and always. Time will tell.