R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   what car/truck to get? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/410934-what-car-truck-get.html)

ckblood05 06-24-2010 03:48 AM

what car/truck to get?

i know its a kinda far away, but around feb-march next year when income tax comes, im looking to get my first nitro! :nod: i know for sure i want the truggy type. has to be 1/8 scale and for sure 4x4. im looking mostly at two brands. team associated and losi. price isnt really an issue. i want it rtr, and pretty much the best i can get. i was looking at the team associated rc8. i will be running it on a dirt track mostly along with the yard. i want something thats already beefed up, either know i will probably upgrade parts as i go along. i know this topic can be contraversal(spelling check). so what would you reccomend?

Lonestar 06-24-2010 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by ckblood05 (Post 7583766)
i know its a kinda far away, but around feb-march next year when income tax comes, im looking to get my first nitro! :nod: i know for sure i want the truggy type. has to be 1/8 scale and for sure 4x4. im looking mostly at two brands. team associated and losi. price isnt really an issue. i want it rtr, and pretty much the best i can get. i was looking at the team associated rc8. i will be running it on a dirt track mostly along with the yard. i want something thats already beefed up, either know i will probably upgrade parts as i go along. i know this topic can be contraversal(spelling check). so what would you reccomend?

Frankly? ask again in feb-march next year... it'll be just as controversial, but at least people will quote up-to-date cars :lol:

offroad racer 06-24-2010 04:25 AM

can't go wrong with the 8ight-t 2.0 from losi

ckblood05 06-24-2010 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Lonestar (Post 7583801)
Frankly? ask again in feb-march next year... it'll be just as controversial, but at least people will quote up-to-date cars :lol:

yea i suppose your right. im sure things cant change that much in 8 months.

ckblood05 06-24-2010 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by offroad racer (Post 7583843)
can't go wrong with the 8ight-t 2.0 from losi

i agree. thats the one i was looking at more than others. i'll probably get what you mentioned, or the rc8.

offroad racer 06-24-2010 04:38 AM

The losi is an extremely tough truck. Once you work out the 1 or 2 weak links you will be glad you got the losi

rc skyline 06-24-2010 07:52 AM

Or just get a Mugen and have no "weak links" :p

Dave

ckblood05 06-24-2010 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by rc skyline (Post 7584474)
Or just get a Mugen and have no "weak links" :p

Dave

yea, i mean i got quite a bit of time to look and narrow down my choices.

rfleck 06-24-2010 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by ckblood05 (Post 7583860)
yea i suppose your right. im sure things cant change that much in 8 months.

Yeah right! In RC 8 months is an eternity. :lol: Like stated in previous response, ask this question in 8mos.

There are curently numerous good picks out there. Your skill level and parts availablitiy in your area is also another factor to consider.

Frank L 06-24-2010 09:39 AM

I would wait until a month before you are ready next feb/march there could be all new cars out or updated versions.

melonpeel 06-24-2010 09:55 AM

+1 for Losi 8T 2.0. Incredible value with the RTR... and it's a great truggy. I usually wait to buy until the new models come out because there's a rush to clear the previous models so you can find incredible deals on those.