Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Leighton Dillard Memorial Raffle WIN ADAM DRAKE LOSI TRUGGY & MIKE TRUHE BUGGY >

Leighton Dillard Memorial Raffle WIN ADAM DRAKE LOSI TRUGGY & MIKE TRUHE BUGGY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leighton Dillard Memorial Raffle WIN ADAM DRAKE LOSI TRUGGY & MIKE TRUHE BUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Leighton Dillard Memorial Raffle WIN ADAM DRAKE LOSI TRUGGY & MIKE TRUHE BUGGY

March 6th, 2010, RC Racing lost one of its family. Leighton Dillard or as he was affectionately known Big L died on the drivers stand during the PyscoNitroBlast in Atlanta. Leighton was well known all over the southeast in RC Racing. He had a passion for it like no other. Five years ago, he helped open the “Leighton Dillard Memorial R/C Park” formerly known as “Trackseekers R/C Park" . He had two dreams, one was to have a track that would host a professional race and the other was to “Run with the Big Boys”. Last year, HIS track hosted an R/C Pro Race. He designed the track and was soooo proud. (Dream number one came true). When Leighton died, Adam Drake and Mike Truhe were on the drivers stand next to him. He was running with the Big Boys when his heart failed him and he died on the drivers stand with them. Leighton Dillard was 41 years old when he died. He loved his family and provided for them when he was alive. However, like a lot of us, he did not have provisions for them in the event of his untimely death. Shellie, Chris and Jessica need our help. Adam and Mike are doing their part to help, won’t you?

All you have to do is purchase a raffle ticket for Adam or Mike race vehicle for $10.00 and have a chance to win.
ADAM DRAKE AUTOGRAPHED LOSI TRUGGY & MIKE TRUHE AUTOGRAPHED LOSI BUGGY.

Tickets can be purchased on Ebay! This site will take you to the ebay Link: www.trackseekers.com
Or you can contact Bubba Barham at [email protected] or 601-946-2337. He will personally place your contact info onto the raffle ticket and enter it into the drawing.
All proceeds will go directly to the Dillard family.

For $10.00 you can have a chance to win Adam Drake’s Losi Truggy or Mike Truhe’s Losi Buggy. They come complete electronics, engine, and all the hop-ups Adam and Mike use. The radio and transponder are not included, but it is complete straight from the race track to the winner of the raffle. The drawing will be held Friday night June 18 at the Leighton Dillard Memorial Race. Trackseekers R/C Club is feeding the drivers that night and hosting a live and silent auction to raise money for the family. You DO NOT have to be present to win, but you might want to come race on Leighton’s Pro Track. This is the last lay out Leighton did before he died. Come race with us for a really good cause and help us raise money for Leighton’s family.

Check out Trackseekers for more info. www.trackseekers.com

If you have any additional question feel free to contact Bubba Barham at [email protected] or 601-946-2337.

Last edited by Ronda Drake; 06-17-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I purchased one.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you!
Old 05-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I purchased one. I don't want the truggy. I think this is an awesome thing to do, helping a fellow racer's family in their time of need. I remember reading about this unfortunate tragedy and my heart goes out to his family and everyone who knew him. I didn't know him but we in the rc community have a lot in common... We know how to have fun and enjoy life.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Our condolences to the family. 41 yrs old is too young. I hope the family can get through these hard times. Ronda and to all that are involved, you guys are truly amazing people.

Edit: Ronda, i hope you dont mind but I copy and pasted your post on another forum(we cant link to another forum).
Old 05-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by portyansky
Our condolences to the family. 41 yrs old is too young. I hope the family can get through these hard times. Ronda and to all that are involved, you guys are truly amazing people.

Edit: Ronda, i hope you dont mind but I copy and pasted your post on another forum(we cant link to another forum).
The more people that see this thread the better to help out his family! This is great!

When this happend.... It really affected Adam and he wants to help out in any way possible.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

What a great way to help and I'm very glad he fulfilled his dreams > just bought some.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Do we need to buy a seperate ticket for the Buggy and Truggy ? Or will all the tickets go into one hat and just be drawn out that way.

Thanks.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Tickets can be purchased on Ebay!

Adam Drake Raced Truggy Raffle Ticket-Leighton Dillard
Mike Truhe Raced Buggy Raffle Ticket – Leighton Dillard

I think you will need to request which one you would like to purchase.

This was all the info I was provided with.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

i posted it on a few of my local track forums,

Great thing you guys are doing Drake's..

cant wait to race with you guys again next year in vegas!
Old 05-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 216 (100%+)

You guy's are doing a fantastic thing.. I was actually there when it happened, it was a very sad day for RC. I wish the best for his family. Again i want to say awesome job...
Old 05-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Just made a purchase. I too was there and it was a very sad night when that happened. All thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Everything that is being done for his family is a blessing and I believe he his still there looking out for his family, he is just using us to get the help that is needed.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Rhonda, thank you for posting this. Today......... would have been Leighton's 42nd birthday.

Ed Matlage
Old 05-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Come on everyone and by a raffle to help out. Hey you even get a chance win something so it is a win win. Oh yea I bought 2.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I bought a bunch of tickets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.