Wiki Posts
Search

vp pro allen wrenchs

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default vp pro allen wrenchs

Im looking into getting a set of allen wrenches and im looking at the vp pro ones. Anyone had any experience with them? How are they? Thanks
Old 06-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

dont know about the vp pro wrenches but the mip are the best wrenches you can buy
Old 06-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jewn_beef
dont know about the vp pro wrenches but the mip are the best wrenches you can buy
how much are they? Kind of on a budget.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hello

I don't really know about the VP wrenches a bit new on the market so I don't know. I've found the EDS tools to be really nice. Really similar to the HUdy wrenches, but half the price, and the fit of the tips are perfect. You can find them on Amazon I think, or just go to the website. I found a few on Ebay for like 10 bucks a tool, that's not bad for the quality. At least check them out. and like the above mentioned, I've heard nothing but good things about MIP tools, been around for ages for a reason. there are lots of great tools around though. EDS, Hudy, MIP, Pro Line, MUgen, Team Associated.

Wow I just looked at those VP tools, they are sweet....
Old 06-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by merdith6
I don't really know about the VP wrenches a bit new on the market so I don't know. I've found the EDS tools to be really nice. Really similar to the HUdy wrenches, but half the price, and the fit of the tips are perfect. You can find them on Amazon I think, or just go to the website. I found a few on Ebay for like 10 bucks a tool, that's not bad for the quality. At least check them out. and like the above mentioned, I've heard nothing but good things about MIP tools, been around for ages for a reason. there are lots of great tools around though. EDS, Hudy, MIP, Pro Line, MUgen, Team Associated.

Wow I just looked at those VP tools, they are sweet....
they dont look to bad for what they are. Are the integy wrenchs any good? Thats all my lhs carries.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The thing you want/need in a set of quality drivers is hardened steel - that's what makes the tips last. The VP Pro ones do not say they're hardened steel, so I'm not sure about those.

The Mip Thorp drivers are $13.50each (there are 5 metrics, 4 diff sizes and a ball type driver in 2.5mmin addition to the regular one). You don't have to buy them all at once, I bought mine one on each order until I had them all. That was quite some time ago and they are still like new with sharp tips. They were well worth the money!
Old 06-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I've had good luck with Dynamite tools..check them out, they are reasonably priced. Ofna makes great tools too.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ecpete
I've had good luck with Dynamite tools..check them out, they are reasonably priced. Ofna makes great tools too.
ya i was thinking about the align tools. People seem to like those, a lot of good reviews.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

EDS and Losi seem to be the best value we've laid our hands on.
Stay away from Integy!

For the Losi guys we just made up some custom EDS "Losi Boy" sets.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mip's are awesome I have used them for years. I am using Vp pro now and at the Ams race several people told me they like the way the Vp pro tools felt. I have had no issues with mine and they are alot cheaper than Mip.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Duster_360
The thing you want/need in a set of quality drivers is hardened steel - that's what makes the tips last. The VP Pro ones do not say they're hardened steel, so I'm not sure about those.

The Mip Thorp drivers are $13.50each (there are 5 metrics, 4 diff sizes and a ball type driver in 2.5mmin addition to the regular one). You don't have to buy them all at once, I bought mine one on each order until I had them all. That was quite some time ago and they are still like new with sharp tips. They were well worth the money!
Damn you. i just made an order. i got the mip 1.5 and 2mm for now. But i had to order some other things so it worked out good. Thanks for the great help guys.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have a MIP 3/32 Ball end which is probably the best hex wrench I own. Slowly adding more MIPs and phasing out Losi wrenches.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Not sure about the allen wrenches. Ive been using(stealing on race days lol) my buddies tuning drivers. The seem Like really good quality. Im interested in getting a hold of some allens. I have not been disappointed by any of the vp products ive used.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by slotkarter77
Not sure about the allen wrenches. Ive been using(stealing on race days lol) my buddies tuning drivers. The seem Like really good quality. Im interested in getting a hold of some allens. I have not been disappointed by any of the vp products ive used.
thats why i was asking. All there stuff seems really nice. Im jsut about to make an order. as of now i got 2 mip in the cart. i dont know what to do. the vp seems like great wrenches
Old 06-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdude236
they dont look to bad for what they are. Are the integy wrenchs any good? Thats all my lhs carries.
I have the Integy set that comes with one handle and multiple bits.. I use it for a power driver, and I like them alot.. They are TiN coated, so wear is minimized.. I have built one kit and disassembled and reassembled 2 others many times and the tips are still in good shape.. I literally use these everytime I race, and very little wear for the amount of use they have on them.. If you go with the Integy, make sure to get the TiN coated versions, a little more money for alot longer life. EDS or Hudy are only things better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.