Wiki Posts
Search

Getting the Hot Bodies D8

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
its just that everyone says they are the fastest engines ever but i ran down them with my green Alpha and my dad ran down and passed 2 this weekend down the straight with a stock 8 gallon old JPX 21. thats my biggest question. i know they are good quality and good costumer service. not complaining there, i just thought they were faster, thats all.

All in the setup and user.... As well as tire selection and throttle input etc...Unless your doing a actual drag race with equal starts on a equal traction surface its pretty much meaningless...The B5 is dam fast when its at its potential....I have watched a stock B5 go toe to toe with both a Ninja JX and a OS Speed and more then hold its own... I have seen the Alpha's run and they were definitely nothing special by any means...They weren't bad or anything like that, but to me they looked like every other stock Race 21....For the most part all the competition .21's are tuned to be very comparable with each other ... One machine pulling on the other is usually a result of many factors the least of which is what engine is being run...In testing my mod engines I do actual side by side tests using 2 of the identical platforms, setup identical, on the same fuel etc.... that is the only way to actually see if one engine is actually faster then another.... Can also use my dyno too but is besides the point... I can say by first hand experience the B5 is a powerhouse of a engine...Not the highest revving beast, but definitely the most powerful 21 i have come across...it doesn't have a bad top end tho by any means.... only the very exclusive top end engines have any hope of outrunning it...
Old 06-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default message

if you are looking for a good engine , i would recommend a Alpha Plus 7 port and a Alpha plus 0801 pipe, great combo , motor has tons of power.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i just want to clear up one thing, by no means do i think the Alpha is the fastest or anything, its a great engine, i run the green head im my truggy and dont struggle for power at all, i have hardly any wheel spin if any spinning at that mater. but the JPX is crazy fast. i have yet to drive a engine as fast as it (stock engines that is). however i havent ran a B5 or B6 so i cant say much, i was just speaking from watching them compared to others.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

i think that all the engines are good! the jpx, the go, the werks etc they are all good engines. Some people their engines others and better than others which in some cases are true but its all about what you like. I think the werks is a good engine, the go .21 i love them, i owned one and loved it. The jpx havent had experience with but ive seen them rip. Any of the engines that people have recommended are good. Just get what fits your budget best and what YOU think you will be happiest with.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcdude236
i think that all the engines are good! the jpx, the go, the werks etc they are all good engines. Some people their engines others and better than others which in some cases are true but its all about what you like. I think the werks is a good engine, the go .21 i love them, i owned one and loved it. The jpx havent had experience with but ive seen them rip. Any of the engines that people have recommended are good. Just get what fits your budget best and what YOU think you will be happiest with.
very well said!!
Old 06-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Tech Champion

I honestly think all of the common competition .21's have very similar power and torque capabilities.... each engine has its own characteristics, but in general they are all very competitive with each other........Just so many factors involved in going fast, the engine is just one piece of a very large puzzle........

+1 on the Jammins...they are extremely fast engines... maybe even too fast ... I find the B5 to have the same torque a jammin has ( actually a little more ) yet the B5 is very smooth on trigger, its not as on/off feeling as the jammins can be....actually one of the all time fastest engines I have ever come across is the JL .21 after a few modifications, it seriously flat out hauls ass in a big way..
Old 06-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Well put guys.

If an engine is well cared for and broken in gently, it will be a great engine. There are several hot engines out right now. Werks, Alpha, Novarossi, and That Mugen engine is a real performer too, that black crank is sweet, and RB has a whole new line. It's pretty cool to have such a selection of engines to choose from. It's kinda hard to decide.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

to narrow it down a little bit, which ones are easier to tune then others??? probly a stupid question but figured id throw it out there
Old 06-15-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bbrace3m
to narrow it down a little bit, which ones are easier to tune then others??? probly a stupid question but figured id throw it out there
i have never had a engine tune as easy as the jammin JPX 21. but i cannot comment on werks, never ran one and never helped anyone tune one.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bbrace3m
I find the werk's to be easy to tune.....
Old 06-15-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

The new TQ engine is very easy to tune and has great power for the price.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by brian kadow
i ran one this weekend, and its awesome. that is my next engine
Old 06-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by brian kadow
which one is that? price?
Old 06-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default Oh my god

Originally Posted by merdith6
If an engine is well cared for and broken in gently, it will be a great engine. There are several hot engines out right now. Werks, Alpha, Novarossi, and That Mugen engine is a real performer too, that black crank is sweet, and RB has a whole new line. It's pretty cool to have such a selection of engines to choose from. It's kinda hard to decide.
Wow, if this is the same Merdith from Amain... I'm very proud of you for not BLASTING every product you have no experience with You really should stop with your comments, they mean nothing and waste people's time.

Its simply put that most engines today in the $200+ range can perform comparably. The problem stems from USER error. The break in procedure is often cut short or done completely wrong... tuning is a never ending journey that many have no clue as to what they are doing. I have run the JPX(great mill) B5(great mill) and even a GO gsr(great mill).
Old 06-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

How do i break in a engine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.