Community
Wiki Posts
Search

xray 808 diff bearing

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default xray 808 diff bearing

Is there any one out there that can help me sole the problem off the diff bearing i can only do one heat with them before they break why is this?
Old 06-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

1- there already is a thread for Xray

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...808-a-484.html

2- if you are only getting one heat from your bearings then you obvoiusly have other issues causing the failure.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Try this...

Originally Posted by glen hants
Is there any one out there that can help me sole the problem off the diff bearing i can only do one heat with them before they break why is this?
When I was building my 808 for the first time I noticed there was play in the pinion assembly. So I put one medium sized silver shim on the pinion before I install the bearing, the one that touches the three retaining screws closest to the diff. that takes up the slack and reduces the impact on the bearings upon landing off a jump, in addition to closing the gap on the pinion diff contact and keeping the mesh consistent over the long haul. I then put one thin shim in between the bearing and the diff case, the plastic side, not the diff gear side, this prevents the mesh from closing too much. I hope this helps...you should get 4-5 race meets out of those bearings.