Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TRUGGY??

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Interesting how everyone votes for whatever they have. I wonder how many people have actually tried more than one or two other truggies.

Anyways... I'm currently running a mugen MBX-6T Mspec and a Losi 8ight-T 2.0 Roller. I also have an RC-8T, BCE Cen Matrix TR, and formerly own a kyosho ST-RR.

that said, if you're looking for something that's stout and isnt going to keep breaking on you, go with the losi or the mugen. True, the mugen front a-arms' weak point are where the droop screws attach, but that's about it. Personally, I'm faster with the mugen, but I still need to do some tweaking on the losi. Running either the mugen m-spec or the losi 8ight T, you should re-shim the rear diffs. Also, on the mugen- change out the diff seals with the ones that tony's screws sells. Your diffs will last much longer.

Bottom line, however... make sure your LHS has parts for whatever you get.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE
See they do break arms Ill stick with my Associated with no bent drive shafts, original chassis that hasent snaped and original rear hubs. Come to think of it I haven't bought repacement parts for over 3 yrs now

I havn't bought parts for my slayer for three years now either. have not driven it for two years ande have only owned it for one If your not breaking parts then there are two possible reasons. You replace them before they break or you just dont drive to the limits of your vehicle. ok one more, its a shelf queen that never sees the dirt. Sorry dont mean to be sarcastic but I have a really hard time believing your claim.
An associated driver will even have a hard time believing 3 years with no broken or replaced parts.

They all break parts. I have not replaced a part on my 6T yet but then again it has only seen one race weekend. My 5T went 5 series races before it started to bust stuff and that was curred by paying more attention during maintenance and getting worn parts replaced. I keep only critical parts on hand and that would be A-arms. The rest just get replaced after a seasons beating. or as they fail. Off road racing is destructive and hard on all truggys. Some just last a little longer than others thats all. After market is big business for RC Car companies. Generally by the time you retire a ride you will have spent more than the initial cost of the vehicle in factory replacement parts alone not including upgrades.

I drive Mugen not because it is the greatest truggy built, god knows there are others that handle better. I drive it because it is the only one that will take the abuse I dish out. I am not a good driver and will over drive my truggy when needed even at the expense of a full speed cartwheel down the straight or grabbing a corner pole under acceleration. 13 feet of air yep been there flat landing and all. It is just plain and simple a solid platform. When I do get my driving under control I would have no issue switching to AE to take my racing to the next level. For now I will protect my wallet and drive the TANK......MUGEN
Old 06-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE
See they do break arms Ill stick with my Associated with no bent drive shafts, original chassis that hasent snaped and original rear hubs. Come to think of it I haven't bought repacement parts for over 3 yrs now

AE's break losi's break mugen's break. HB are just broken. They all break. It's not the ride it's the rider. It's all how hard you are on them. I would say ae, losi or mugen and there is less of a chance it will break.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They all break. I run an XRAY because it has been (in my personal experience) the most durable... and I still break front arms from time to time.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
AE's break losi's break mugen's break. HB are just broken. They all break. It's not the ride it's the rider. It's all how hard you are on them. I would say ae, losi or mugen and there is less of a chance it will break.
Considreing i have owned most cars listed they all have some problems some where and to say the HB is broke is a joke the only parts that i replace are the pins and thats after a few gallons i have not broke one part except a plastic tie rod end and i see good fast drivers breaking the other brands all the time i will say mugen is a good fast truck but to me it is to twicthy but to each is there own everone likes what they like.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DPowers
Considreing i have owned most cars listed they all have some problems some where and to say the HB is broke is a joke the only parts that i replace are the pins and thats after a few gallons i have not broke one part except a plastic tie rod end and i see good fast drivers breaking the other brands all the time i will say mugen is a good fast truck but to me it is to twicthy but to each is there own everone likes what they like.
Dont take it personal. I just dont like HB. But I have been thinking about buying one and trying it. Funny stuff to me. Thats just what I see at my local tracks.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Dont take it personal. I just dont like HB. But I have been thinking about buying one and trying it. Funny stuff to me. Thats just what I see at my local tracks.
+1 on the HB. Still find myself thinking about buying one (even though I hate HPI) just to check it out. Would be a great starter truggy for my kid once I finish punishing it.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Frank, I didn't realize that your feelings for HB ran so deep. I recently (about 6 months ago) switched over to the D8T from a Kyosho ST-RR, and I find it extremely drivable especially for someone of average talent. Granted I've broken a few parts getting used to how it wants to be driven, but most of those situations were due to driver error, and if you had some of the direct pipe-hits I've had I guarantee you would have broken whatever brand you were driving. I'm finally to the point where I can get through a complete race day without any broken parts, and I really like the way the D8T drives and jumps...very forgiving and planted on the track. Another thing I like is that parts are relatively inexpensive, so if you do break something it won't break the bank to fix it.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

ok here is my question for all you hb haters. Why doesnt tessman break? All those guys running hb are just fine. I dont see how hb is a joke when people are winning with them. Maybe you should try teh car for youself before you bash on it.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

how are people breaking arms on theier mugen? I have had mine for 18 months and learned with the car. There is no one on this board that has had worse wrecks and drove as bad as me. If their is someone they were purposley running into concrete walls at wot.

The only time i have replaced my arms is when the start to sag or warp when they get old. My buggy has launched ridiculously high numerous times, wide open into trees and poles. This one time i was going up a wall ramp, it's like 16 feet all by itself. well i hit the the ramp at almost full throttle, buggy flew like 25-30 feet. I went WFO into a pole completley head on and taco'ed my chassis. My drive shafts looke like shock springs. It was bad. no broken plastics.

same deal with the vspec crankcase. Have a couple of them, put them through all the same good stuff and never cracked a case. But everyone says they break.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

HB's are so horrible but Jesse Robbers did extremely well at the AMS with HB.

Don't hate, congratulate.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSMike

some of us don't want to addmit that we pay to much for our racecars

Just glad i don't own a kyosho mp9. Man that would suck getting spanked by a HB D8 lol!
Old 06-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSMike

Rarely do you see pros brake, mainly b/c rarely you see them crash. No one said anything about handling, just durability.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

HB sucks.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by portyansky
Rarely do you see pros brake, mainly b/c rarely you see them crash. No one said anything about handling, just durability.
Maybe then we should concentrate on driving well and not crashing.

problem solved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.