Search

Slight hesitation from time to time when blipping throttle

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Gotcha

Originally Posted by bacchus
Finally reproduced it on the bench. Using jr9100s on throttle. New mil not an option til this one wears out.

I was smoothly pulling from idle to full throttle. When it got to full throttle it quickly went back to idle,while the trigger still pulled to full,then quickly went back to full. What do u think? Servo or rebind? Servo still pulls strong.
Well the angle of the carb on a losi does cause extra binding on the carb slide. Take the carb out and check it really well. Clean it really good with wd40 or whatever, and oil it too. then check all linkages like the above mentioned. Sometimes it's something little. Make sure the carb isn't hitting the center diff when it opens or the chassis flexes. It can hit the carb and cause issues. Good luck man.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lanmine657
check all the wiring and connectors for your servos and battery mabe you got bad connection but sounds like u got servo going bad. HI-tech 7955 only way to go!!!!
7955 on throttle? Thought that was a high torque servo for steering.

Well I've raced the jr9100s for about 5 or 6 races and it's always done this. Seems like it would have gone out by now. I did buy it used with about 5 races already on it.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

I have seen where with a good battery that the rx voltage will drop while operating the throttle servo sometimes to the point where the tx will give me a beep. Maybe the draw from the servo is intermittently hitting the failsafe? Would a Spektrum Power Capacitor help smooth me out here? If so i don't have an extra plug for it on the receiver. I guess get a y harness and split with transponder? Anyone else doing this? I'm running 6v nimh packs(both are good).

Also, i'm going to swap steering and throttle channels and see if i can reproduce. If so it would point to receiver and not servo but could still be a voltage draw issue that is hitting the failsafe.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

You running a switch? if so bypass it.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah i'm running a switch. Is that bad? Do i just get a longer wire from receiver to battery so when i plug in the battery the receiver is up and running?
Old 06-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

If i remember right my battery connector gets warm which means i'd be losing voltage right there. Its just a basic bec connector. I'll probably swap it out for deans and see if that helps.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bacchus
7955 on throttle? Thought that was a high torque servo for steering.

Well I've raced the jr9100s for about 5 or 6 races and it's always done this. Seems like it would have gone out by now. I did buy it used with about 5 races already on it.
7955 is one of the most durable servos out there, I have had more throttle servos go bad than steering due to hard impacks, changed over to 7955 for throttle and havent had any issues, plus horizon is the main dealer for hi-tech so any issues you may encounter they replace them for you no question