Wiki Posts
Search

What buggy to buy

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default What buggy to buy

I have a rc8 now and want a new 1/8 nitro buggy. I can tell you i don't want a ae, losi, ofna, or a hotbodies. Anybody got any good sugestions? I am running a nova +4 and a 053 pipe that will go in it. So please tell what and why I should buy it.

Thanks
Old 06-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fatam
I have a rc8 now and want a new 1/8 nitro buggy. I can tell you i don't want a ae, losi, ofna, or a hotbodies. Anybody got any good sugestions? I am running a nova +4 and a 053 pipe that will go in it. So please tell what and why I should buy it.

Thanks
what other choices do you have? mugen and xray is about it. personally i wont get anything other than HB unless i got it free.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Personally i havent driven one but one of the local drivers went with a Hotbodies D8 this year and he is turning in amazing laps this year. But since you dont want to go that direction like previously stated you dont have much of a choice. Why the hating on the other brands like that?
Old 06-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Go with the hot bodies! i love it
Old 06-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

What is it about the rc8 you do not like?
Old 06-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Take a look at the Mugen MBX6, Xray 808, and the new Serpent 811 all nice pieces!
Old 06-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Addict

I don't like the way the losi drives, I have a vorza and which is almost a d8 and I hate it, ofna changes to much and hard to get parts around here, and the rc8 is just very loose. It does not fit my driving style, and will be up for sale very soon. A lot of guys have the mugen around here and I like it but parts are very expensive. I know nothing about the xray, kyoshio, and the odonall at all. Nothing wrong with any of the makers I have friends that have all of the ones I don't like and they love them but they are just not for me.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Your being to picky. no car is gonna be perfect. Look at the agama a8. Its like teh losi but it has better steering and all the people who have tested it have loved it. Flys well and all.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

I don't like the way the losi drives, I have a vorza and which is almost a d8 and I hate it, ofna changes to much and hard to get parts around here, and the rc8 is just very loose. It does not fit my driving style, and will be up for sale very soon. A lot of guys have the mugen around here and I like it but parts are very expensive. I know nothing about the xray, kyoshio, and the odonall at all. Nothing wrong with any of the makers I have friends that have all of the ones I don't like and they love them but they are just not for me.
Is there something I'm not getting here?
Old 06-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

well imo your doing the right thing lol.. The xray was the best car ive ever drove. But i just bought serpent 811 because it looks great on the track and because i love the serpent onroad stuff. But the mugen is a great car as well its a tank. any of the 3 is amazing. but IMO get the xray you will like it.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mike881
Is there something I'm not getting here?
Yes there is! It's called get more opinions then what your lhs guys tell you. And yes I know what I don't like and there are many to choose from. Also it's not bad to be an individual at all. One more thing $500-600 is a lot of money to spend on something you haven't driven so I'm being a smart shopper.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

these threads need to be moderated and deleted......it's pointless and a waste of space.

NO ONE CAN TELL YOU WHAT TO GET OR WHAT WILL WORK FOR YOU.......PERIOD END OF STORY.......GO TO YOUR LOCAL TRACK AND ASK AROUND, RUN WHAT HAS SUPPORT OR WHAT YOU LIKE!!! THERE ARE A MILLION OF THESE THREADS, IT'S A JOKE!
Old 06-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
these threads need to be moderated and deleted......it's pointless and a waste of space.

NO ONE CAN TELL YOU WHAT TO GET OR WHAT WILL WORK FOR YOU.......PERIOD END OF STORY.......GO TO YOUR LOCAL TRACK AND ASK AROUND, RUN WHAT HAS SUPPORT OR WHAT YOU LIKE!!! THERE ARE A MILLION OF THESE THREADS, IT'S A JOKE!
+1
Old 06-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams

+2

It's not like we don't know what the best buggy is..
http://cgi.ebay.com/BACKDRAFT-1-8th-...#ht_7098wt_874
Old 06-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

vorza drives nothing like the D8 IMO plus nitro and electric cant compare, totally different power plant and handling and the list goes on and on.

the RC8 is one of the most planted buggy out there.

IMO you need to figure out setup. obviously your setup is off. im not trying to be rude or anything but all of these "problems" your having sound just like setup issues. get something and stick to it and adjust setup to FIT YOU!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.