Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I am sometiems finding it hard to feel like driving my nitro

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default I am sometiems finding it hard to feel like driving my nitro

I live in a neighbourhood like the most of you and running up and down the street is in my opinion very boring =) This is why I don't run my nitro as much as I really wanted to. I live near the sea (Icelandic sea is about 2-3°C so no sunbeach for me) and the beach is not very large so I really can't run there but to point B and back to A and etc. like when running on streets. Almost everywhere around me is just flat grass except for the property around my neighbour's house which has gravel which is fun to run on ... but I don't want to constantly piss off my neighbour by running around his house xD

There's an RC track here but it's 12km+ away and I don't have a car ...

However, there is a slot that no one lives at, but is the workplace of bus drivers that "pit stop" there during their breaks. I could run there but then again I don't want to piss them off ...

I guess I'll just have to pep up and just go somewhere and have a great time as long as I am not there for a very extended period each session? ^^
Old 06-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i only run my buggy at the track. its just too lame to run it anywhere else. besides i hate it when you get a crowd around you. everybodys looking at all your stuff, asking stupid questions. makes me nervous

you should get a bicycle. would only take about an hour to get to the track. thats not bad. good exercise too
Old 06-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fatdaddy
i only run my buggy at the track. its just too lame to run it anywhere else. besides i hate it when you get a crowd around you. everybodys looking at all your stuff, asking stupid questions. makes me nervous

you should get a bicycle. would only take about an hour to get to the track. thats not bad. good exercise too
+1
Old 06-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fatdaddy

I actually have a bicycle. I do cycle to school and find it easy (3km). However, how would I be able to bring my 1/8 scale Losi LST truck with me and all my gadget by bike? xD

P.s. I totally agree with the crowd.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Make some kind of trailer that fits all your gear and attach it to your bike
Old 06-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Go to your local tracks website, and find out who run's there.. Maybe you can snag a ride.
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Alan D.
Make some kind of trailer that fits all your gear and attach it to your bike
HAHAHAHAHA Those ideas you guys have are the most simple yet hard to imagine xD

I must get a trailer then somehow! Great idea! Can I maybe get one at my bicycle store? Like the one that carries a kid? How would I then fasten my truck and gear inside that baby trailer?
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I often take my buggy with me to the track(19km) on my bicycle, I even brought the truggy with me that way. I use a bike satchel, and a backpack.

I love it when people ask me questions about my cars. I once had an elderly couple stop and ask me questions. At one point where the husband was looking at my truck with admiration the wife calmly said, "you're not getting one".
Old 06-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

I've seen trailers at bike stores here in the States. Check out a bike store and see if they have any.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I mostly run my buggy at the track. I only have a medium size dirt area in my back yard with a home-made ply-wood jump that I use for mild bashing and testing/tuning. I can have some fun at home, but most fun is at the track.

I kinda like it when people at the track look, admire, drool (j/k ) at my stuff, then it gives me a chance to tell some about it, but then again I dont b/c like said earlier it too makes me nervous.

What I hate most is when other guys at the track come up to your table/set-up and look down at your r/c car and kinda throw off on stuff. like "man I wouldn't use that plastic servo horn", or "man you will be lucky if that plastic servo saver don't break today, you need a aluminum one". I mean, I like it when real good advice is given, but don't knock down stuff that Pro racers have been racing with for years and never had a problem. One racer at my local track kinda threw off on my plastic servo saver, while later on I was talking to a real nice Pro racer and he said he has been using his plastic stock saver for alot of years!
Old 06-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for all the input. I found a bicycle trailer called Bob Yak16. I did some research and all it said was that people was very happy with it. It can take lots of abuse and one guy reported that he lost no stability using a loaded Bob Yak16 when cycling at 45MPH!

This is basically how it looks like:

People just put the bag into that cage and tie the bag securily with the included bands. Now the question is, if I was to put my Losi LST into a bag and onto that trailer, I would need a pretty "soft and friendly" bag I would put my truck into, so the truck would feel ok inside (and the body of the truck aswell!) Would just a big bag do?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

get a big backpacking backpack. Everything should fit just fine
Old 06-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mike881
get a big backpacking backpack. Everything should fit just fine
But would the body of the truck be safe? I am not sure ...

EDIT: That trailer I showed you costs $750 here in Iceland. Ouch.

Last edited by helgso; 06-02-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

You can build your own trailer out of old garage sale bikes. I can usually get beater bikes for $10.

Chop up the frames and drill and bolt them together. You can attach the trailers tongue to your seat post instead of the rear axle like that pic above. Just remember it still has to pivot and twist though.

Your LST deosn't need a soft bad just lash it down to the trailer or to the outside of a pack. Your just going to jump it and smash it into things anyway so why the fuss.

I'd go for a trailer, the LST weighs 3 tons and will feel it when your pedaling.

Last edited by Zerodefect; 06-02-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dude, get a rope, tie it to your LST bumper, and tow yourself there with that beast J/K

That bike trailer looks awesome...but unfortunately, I have to drive 100km to get to our club track, so I keep the bike at home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.