Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Trinity Extech 21 carb? >

Trinity Extech 21 carb?

Trinity Extech 21 carb?

Old 05-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Trinity Extech 21 carb?

Just this last weekend my trinity carb started sticking open. It has a worn spot in the slide and I want to replace the whole carb.

The motor still as very good pinch and I want run it, or at least keep it as a good backup motor.

I just started breaking in my new Novarossi, but really liked the extech motor before it started having the binding issue.

I can't find a carb anywhere for this motor. I was wondering if a carb from another manufacturer might fit.

I put an Orion 7mm restrictor in it and was wondering if an Orion carb would fit.

Anybody have any knowledge about this.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, an Orion carb from the Alpha engine line (the "real" Alpha engines) is a direct replacement.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

OS V-spec carb will fit, I actually have A NEW OS SPEED H-Carb that would drop right in. Take $50 plus shipping for it.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

If the carb off a V-spec fits, then the carb from
your new Novarossi engine will also work on your
Extec.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

a v-spec carb on the extech makes it come alive i try that one weekend when mine started leaking and had an OS V-spec carb laying around and man the extech never ran better.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:05 PM
D8
Tech Master

i have an RB carb on my extech
Old 05-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Tech Addict

Try giving epic a call, im sure Erine would be more than willing to help you out
Old 05-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tenpins77
Try giving epic a call, im sure Erine would be more than willing to help you out
hope your joking, they have my engine that the silicone came out of after 3 quarts of fuel and they have had it for 8+ months now!!! and still havent gotten it back!!
Old 05-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have a VZ-B V-Spec that I was running last year. I started having problems with it holding a tune. I was so frustrated with it, that during our Tumbleweed race I replaced it with the ExTech motor.

I believe it had an air leak in the backplate, but never got a chance to seal it and see if that was the problem.

So, today I tried to fit the V-Spec carb to the ExTech and it fit like a dream.

I think that after I'm done breaking in the new Novarossi, I will put the Extech back in and see if I can get it tuned.

Thanks for everybody's help with my issue!
Old 05-28-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I started Nitro this season and run Extech Fully Modded in my truggy. I have had my car stick couple of times as to where I couldn't get over jumps. I pulled my idle screw and it had a bad bur on it and I am in process of buffing it out with mothers and dremel pad as specified in trinity thread. I would like to try a VZB carb but want to ensure this is right one. My buddy told me their are 2 versions of VZB. Here is part (OS 21 VZB Engine Parts 21J Carburetor V-Spec). Also I have a Ninja BO1 MR21 and wanted to know if that carb will work since I was told this engine and VZB are the same. I am happy with power but I agree these carbs are week.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The j21 carb from the vspec will fit the extech. The ninja MR 21 is not the same as the vspec the MR is Mario Rossi and the engine is grp based. The ninja that is the same as the vspec is the jx series.

I have personally used an old vspec carb and an old P*5 carb in an extech 24.

Originally Posted by paposwing14
I started Nitro this season and run Extech Fully Modded in my truggy. I have had my car stick couple of times as to where I couldn't get over jumps. I pulled my idle screw and it had a bad bur on it and I am in process of buffing it out with mothers and dremel pad as specified in trinity thread. I would like to try a VZB carb but want to ensure this is right one. My buddy told me their are 2 versions of VZB. Here is part (OS 21 VZB Engine Parts 21J Carburetor V-Spec). Also I have a Ninja BO1 MR21 and wanted to know if that carb will work since I was told this engine and VZB are the same. I am happy with power but I agree these carbs are week.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by tenpins77
OMG Thats the last thing you want to do their customer service is the worst in the industry.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default Ninja MR 21 Carb in a EXTECH

Well folks, I wanted to let you know that Ninja Mr.21 BO1 Carb does fit and run better on extech.21. mine has 7.0 Venturi and get smoother punch and more power. I just wanted to post this for SA. I also have VZB Carb on order to try it out. Thanks for help.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
OMG Thats the last thing you want to do their customer service is the worst in the industry.
Im joking lol, im still waiting for my last 4 months worth of paychecks from him...