Wiki Posts
Search

Clockwork Werk's B5 dyno result

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (88%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Of course I don't pay $200.00 ...however it's not that far off because of the cost of importing them into Canada.... On its own the mod done to this B5 would cost $130.00 .... Of course I could do a more conservative mod for a lesser price....However the modification dynoed is an aggressive modification, it takes a fair bit of shop time to complete and of course the cost reflects that , cutting transfers, boost, exhaust as well as re-timing the crank and lightening the piston etc...
Just thinking outloud, wasnt talking bad about ya. Yall do great work to motors. Especially they JL... but we arent suppsed to mod the jl's lol
Old 05-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

First customer video of the Clocked B5... only tank 7 and still conservative tune, initial feedback is that the engine is extremely smooth and linear and easy to tune... which is especially good when considering this engine makes as much power as most 28's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgUYrCQqpcY
Old 05-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Neil, CONGRATS BUDDY!!! the dyno the site, things are lookinh uphill buds...when we gettn the 30x vs. picco .28 showdown..dude you can charge a fee like pay-per-view so many people wanna see that showdown..lol...AWESOME PROGRESS, BEST OF LUCK 4 A STAND UP GUY!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
Neil, CONGRATS BUDDY!!! the dyno the site, things are lookinh uphill buds...when we gettn the 30x vs. picco .28 showdown..dude you can charge a fee like pay-per-view so many people wanna see that showdown..lol...AWESOME PROGRESS, BEST OF LUCK 4 A STAND UP GUY!!!
I'll test a stock LRP 30 vs a stock Picco 28 pretty soon I hope.... I have access to both engines in stock form....... it wasn't really on my priority list, but I wouldn't mind testing them to see how they compare....
Old 05-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

well i have my new serpent 811 coming monday or so, if u wanna do mod vs. mod let me know, i might be able to send her your way...as long as its cool with ab, its his motor, maybe i can send my motor to him ,etc
Old 05-28-2010, 10:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

First customer video of the Clocked B5... only tank 7 and still conservative tune, initial feedback is that the engine is extremely smooth and linear and easy to tune... which is especially good when considering this engine makes as much power as most 28's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgUYrCQqpcY
Holly Blipper fiend Batman..tell that guy to punch it will ya..I can blip my $80 STS around the track just the same
Old 05-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Holly Blipper fiend Batman..tell that guy to punch it will ya..I can blip my $80 STS around the track just the same
He is on tank #7 and just taking it easy... its his money and his engine, I cannot ask him to start beating on it for my benefit..... If anything it just shows the engine can be very mellow and drivable if needed, which is impressive when you consider the power output this engine is capable of.... No worries bro, my weather will clear soon enough and I will go beat on my B5 for a good video !
Old 05-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I know, but its fun to get you riled..blip....blip....blip...blip I'll bet you were ready to grab his radio and punch it!!
Old 05-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
well i have my new serpent 811 coming monday or so, if u wanna do mod vs. mod let me know, i might be able to send her your way...as long as its cool with ab, its his motor, maybe i can send my motor to him ,etc
I'll test my own engines soon enough and I am sure Adam will do a LRP 30 soon enough..... I will dyno both stock, then run them head to head in Truggies..modify and once again run them both in Truggies head to head.....I don't own any MT"s so I cannot really test in a MT unfortunately..I have a local customer with a XXL but I can't ask him to let me beat up his truck for my testing, as it was the Picco I did for him grenaded his tranny pretty quickly once we tuned his engine in....unfortunately I doubt the LRP has much for the Picco in a Truggy platform, but I am willing to give it a try..... I will dyno both tho and see what we find, I am curious to see what the big 30 is capable of....
Old 05-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I know, but its fun to get you riled..blip....blip....blip...blip I'll bet you were ready to grab his radio and punch it!!
No, he lives about 2500 miles away from me ! out on the East coast..... He received his B5 today and shot a video of him breaking it in on the track...I advised him to take it easy and just use 30% throttle LOL... And of course even on a light blip, and 30% throttle the engine still does its job well.....I am sure once he gets more comfortable with the engine he will turn the heat up a little ....
Old 05-29-2010, 01:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

sorry neal i had to comment on that video... (camyno300) on youtube.

motor sounded nice and smooth too!
Old 05-29-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by smokinu
sorry neal i had to comment on that video... (camyno300) on youtube.

motor sounded nice and smooth too!
Actually thanks dude !!! I didn't realize that was you.....

I can't understand what guys problems are with me modding engines sometimes.... You would be amazed at how many guys tell me their stock engines are going to blow away my modified engines LOL...even when I post a dyno graph showing a 25% gain over stock, guys are still telling me their stock version is faster....i don't get it !
Old 05-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

I am hesistant to post this video ...but the other day I went out and cracked the throttle on the B5 a little...however right away I noticed major glitches in my radio gear..I usually would have quit right then , however a buddy of mine was with me who I have been bugging for 2 years to come out and check out the RC's...So needless to say I was not going to call it off without a fight...My steering and throttle were glitching so I didn't bother tuning the engine, and as I was running the tune got a little lean on the LSN... But since my buddy came out, and I knew time was limited I decided to put on the best show I could....... So here is me hammering on my mod B5, with a glitching radio and poor tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkkSEyHv1E0
Old 05-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I am hesistant to post this video ...but the other day I went out and cracked the throttle on the B5 a little...however right away I noticed major glitches in my radio gear..I usually would have quit right then , however a buddy of mine was with me who I have been bugging for 2 years to come out and check out the RC's...So needless to say I was not going to call it off without a fight...My steering and throttle were glitching so I didn't bother tuning the engine, and as I was running the tune got a little lean on the LSN... But since my buddy came out, and I knew time was limited I decided to put on the best show I could....... So here is me hammering on my mod B5, with a glitching radio and poor tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkkSEyHv1E0
You guys need a track in your area...... I watch all your videos, but I would love to see you test them on a real track.
That thing is screaming demon!!!!!!!!!!! Good jod on the mod
Old 05-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lockmouth
You guys need a track in your area...... I watch all your videos, but I would love to see you test them on a real track.
That thing is screaming demon!!!!!!!!!!! Good jod on the mod
: )

Last edited by Marcus Falconie; 05-29-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.