Search

Cleaning & polishing engine parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default Cleaning & polishing engine parts

Hi Guys,

Wonder if you can help me.

I have always looked after my engines i tend to strip them down for inspection & clean all internals etc.
Then work on the Piston/Button Head etc.

I have always used the polish from JP Racing products.
It's come to the point where i have ran out & the Dist in the UK does not stock it anymore wont get any

What do you guys use if you do this method.

I know some of you are going to say dont do it etc but i have done this for many many years advised from some of the best European Onroad drivers over the few years its always worked treat for me.

My engines have always been going alot longer than some other peoples when they have just been left alone.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I use Mother's wheel polish on my head buttons and aluminum pipes. Don't know about the piston....I just clean the internals with Simple Green and then use distilled alcohol.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

on the piston head and head button i just use after run oil. Rub it with my finger and after a couple minutes it all comes off.

If you use aro like you should, and a good fuel with a good tune, there shouldn't be that much to clean off anyway.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Adept

Use clean fuel to clean motors. It works wonders and keeps things lubricated. I also like to coat some of the internals with EB Mods after run oil.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

When i clean and inspect our OS engines i totally disassemble then use carby cleaner to blast away most of the carbon build up. The top of the piston i use a paddle pop stick to help remove the rest of the carbon. Once that is done i find it comes up like new. Same goes for the rest of the engine but i find the aresol can (carby cleaner Nulon brand) generally blasts the rest off easy. Once that's been done i blow down with compressed air a few drops of caster oil on the moving parts and a light coat all over and reassemble.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

why would you ever do that, CARBON is your friend ....dont ever clean that off...
Old 05-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
why would you ever do that, CARBON is your friend ....dont ever clean that off...
it's not my friend when it's on my head button. The only part i don't clean is the deposits on the piston side or anything on the side of the piston.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade954
When i clean and inspect our OS engines i totally disassemble then use carby cleaner to blast away most of the carbon build up. The top of the piston i use a paddle pop stick to help remove the rest of the carbon. Once that is done i find it comes up like new. Same goes for the rest of the engine but i find the aresol can (carby cleaner Nulon brand) generally blasts the rest off easy. Once that's been done i blow down with compressed air a few drops of caster oil on the moving parts and a light coat all over and reassemble.
carbon on the top is ok i would of thought for compression side of things
but the Nulon brand cleaner ok good as i use the same brand brak clean for the outside
Old 05-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

here dirty style cleaning/service my murnan sirio xxx 1/10

1. diassemble the engine
2. clean using toothbrush & soap + water at internal & outside crankcase
3. clean using sponge & soap + water to clean piston, combution chamber, crankshaft, sleeve
4. using hairdryer to remove the water
5. assemble back & put some novarossi oil at all parts

i cleaning my engine every race. that engine still powerfull & already 1 half year. already apply this style to my sirio kanai evo 4

p/s : sorry for broken english