2010 IFMAR WC Winner ??!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 IFMAR WC Winner ??!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

I would be surprised if Hara doesn't win.

Thailand is a great place and I am sure that there will be no safety problems. The main concern is that the protesters seem to like shut down the international airport. When the TC worlds were there in Bangkok in '08, the airport was shut down for 2-3 weeks within 3-4 days of us leaving.

The worst that could happen is that you end up taking an extended vacation in an inexpensive place with great food and beautiful women. I wish I was going...
Old 05-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

LOOL

i wouldn't mind stayin few more days in Thailand, we'll have more time to go to RC Addict circuit to run Onroad
Old 05-23-2010, 02:54 AM
Tech Master

here you go guys,

the official race site:

http://www.rcca.or.th/ifmar2010/

stage 1 report posted already.

cheers

Ali
Old 05-23-2010, 03:49 AM
Tech Regular

Im voting for maifield. He had a great chance last worlds but had engine troubles in the main, so I hope hell have better luck this year!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

good news guys

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=8250

cheers

Ali
Old 05-25-2010, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

I suggest all who have qualified should go to the worlds .Believe me if you dont go you will miss out on something amazing .

If you guys dont know charlie siribodi well he is the man and im sure all will be safe .Just ask the guys who went to the pre worlds and the buggy party how much fun they had .
Old 05-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

i was there for the buggy party and man we had a blast, everything was just perfect from the orgenization, time keeping, awesome track, the whole place and Charile's super HOT and spicy Lunch meals
i think he is one of the best if not the best party/race host.

cheers

Ali
Old 05-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

There's too many fast drivers to choose. Anyone in the A can take it, more like a horse race, can't pick a winner too easy anymore, and I ewouldn't like it any other way.

I'll bet it's going to be a racer most of don't hear much about. Another upset like Haras win.

Hara, Savoya (sp?), Truhe, Ty Tessman, Josh Wheeler are my top pics.

As for the Tai war bit: Ask someone who's been in a warzone, it's not nearly as bad as Detroit, Philly, or the wrong spot of Cleveland at night.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

it will probably be some random club racer like it was for the electric worlds.. i mean how many times can ifmar select a country where no top pros are willing to travel?
Old 05-28-2010, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Zerodefect, +1 on what you said, i used to live in Ohio and know exactly what you are saying

Mike, why do you think many top drivers won't attend?? did you see all the names in Feb? Hara, Savoya, Jesse, Aigoins *2, Ty, walker, Leino... etc etc,

why do you think the US top drivers aren't willing to go ???

cheers

Ali

HARA for the win
Old 05-30-2010, 02:04 AM
Tech Master

hey guys,

any ideas when will they start the registration??

cheers

ALi
Old 06-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Thailand has a proud history of hosting major R/C car races including the 1990 1/8th GP off road worlds, the 1995 1/8th GP on road worlds, the 2008 EP on road worlds and the regular TITC and Buggy Party races. Not too many countries can boast such a resume!

Did IFMAR get it wrong - no but the recent political events are untimely given what happened in South Africa.

By the way, did anyone notice a small football tournament which is going on in SA at the moment?? Apparently people from all over the world are there having a great time!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Infinity
Lastly, the current turmoil over in Thailand is only limited to central Bangkok and will not effect the WC's in Pattaya.
It is not as clear as you make it sound... I know a few of the US teams/drivers are not sure about going yet.

And I think Hara would have to be the clear favorite, but there are probably 10 guys that can pull it off. Maifield is the king of speed, but on the edge is a risky place to play. Although, I like his chances if he's there.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

im telling you....ty tessman is going to win it !! just have feeling!!
HOT BODIES YEA!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ChrisL
Thailand has a proud history of hosting major R/C car races including the 1990 1/8th GP off road worlds, the 1995 1/8th GP on road worlds, the 2008 EP on road worlds and the regular TITC and Buggy Party races. Not too many countries can boast such a resume!

Did IFMAR get it wrong - no but the recent political events are untimely given what happened in South Africa.

By the way, did anyone notice a small football tournament which is going on in SA at the moment?? Apparently people from all over the world are there having a great time!!!
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.