Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
kyosho inferno strr >

kyosho inferno strr

kyosho inferno strr

Old 11-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation kyosho inferno strr

so i cant seem to get the flywheel to spin on a .24 motor when i try it on the starter box. the motor turns over by hand somewhat stiff but seems normal and turns over easy with the glow plug out. when i push the truck down the starter wheel just smokes and dont turn the motor over...anybody have anything to help me try and fix my issue?
Old 11-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Only a few things could be wrong here.

1) The engine is locked. (That doesn't seem to be the case since you said it spins by hand)
2) The box doesn't have enough power to turn the engine.
3) You're wheel is rubbing on the chassis or isn't lining up properly with the flywheel.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

seems like the wheel isn't touching the flywheel? if you're in Omaha, take it over to the plex (hobbytown), those guys will help you figure it out. While you're over there, grab me a jimmy john's #4 and send it to california
Old 11-24-2011, 07:11 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (73%+)

I had the same problem with my Losi 454 before break in. Just use a heat gun and heat it to 220 then try, it should work.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

sounds to me like the starter box is not lined up quite right. take it over the the plex on sunday if you get a chance. there will be plenty of nitro guys there that can help you out. get it running and then throw down for a little racing!!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Default kyosho inferno strr

thanks to all the responses guys i got it figured out though...turns out i had it vapor locked. My dad is a long time rc junky haha he gave the idea to put the plug and the fuel hose and turn it over which solved the problem.