Keep in touch Bro

Monty
Old 05-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
hey guys,

thanks for the comments,

for sure it's open for everybody but we run under IFMAR rules, so if your car/ engine have the specs for IFMAR 1/8 buggies, you can race with us.

we currently have a couple of Americans, a couple of Brits, Germans, French, Saudis, and Philipinos we are all good friends and very close friends with some of the guys.

most of the Military guys here race either monster trucks or revos, we dont race those classes. if you happen to know anyone interested in buggy/truggy racing in Kuwait, let him/them contact either myself or Shesha in here.

cheers

Ali
Very cool I have a friend leaving for a year I will defiantly mention he mentioned getting nitro fuel was hard what location is the track.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey guys,

thanks for the great comments, and yes its very Hot in here.

we dont get payed crazy money for being citizens that wouldnt be fair. we do have a lot of wealthy families in Kuwait and people love cars in Kuwait, unfortunately, am not one of those families

that was a point race, we try to keep it clean for all races and do small sand/concrete work few days before the race so people could race on a clean/smooth track.

the track time is 50s for newbs, high 40s for the normal guys, 41-42s for the fast guys and 39s for one Crazy Fast 16 years old Kid.

Hey Monty, the engine isn't running anymore bro, cleaned it, lubed it, sealed bag and back in her BOX waiting for the 2010 WC.

the track is located in Zahra area (south surra) next to the science club.

getting nitro fuel isnt hard in Kuwait, i think your talking about a thread a long time ago, he was in Iraq. but in Kuwait we have at least 7 or 8 shops where you can get nitro fuel.

if he's coming to Kuwait, give him our site www.rccck.org and he will find alot of info over there.

cheers

Ali
Old 05-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

Sick track Ali. Im not gonna lie - when i clicked on the video i expected to see some crappy little track that a bunch of marines threw together in their spare time - but you guys blew my expectations away. Kinda looks like thunder alley here in socal but bigger and probably better. I like the spacing on your jumps.

I wonder if you guys could run a worlds event. Do you guys ever get it to groove ( get a blue rubber line)?
Old 05-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Tech Master

hey wstaurt,

LMAO man we get the same words when new people come around, no one expected to see such facility in Kuwait with a control room that looks like a command station and the AMB automated system with the nice computer Lady voice announcing everything

to hold a WC event?? its possible but i guess we will need tons of work and alot of money to get the area ready. i love the track but hate the area around it, needs to be cleaned and orgenized, we need better toilets and few chill out areas. maybe few containers as work spaces for racers and I WANNA SEE GREEN GRASS IN THE TRACK dead areas
we will try to hold an international race hopefully in 2011 open for everybody and specially the Asia block (FEMCA) and see how it goes from there.

Blue groove?? No way, the race line is very visible but its more like super compacted sand where it feels almost like asphalt and the grip is good, maybe we could get the blue groove by spraying the track with diesel/veg oil like the WC track in Pattaya. but still not sure

cheers

Ali
Old 05-13-2010, 12:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

LOL. This is awesome. Hows this for money can buy everything. Only 2 guys out this whole web site get the chance to race this track week in and week out during season.

Hey Dish what did you do this winter. I took a road trip to Kuwait and raced this sick track. You know the one that only 2 racers on this site get to race at. Well now 3.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Everyone go back and watch the race clip again with the volume up. At the 2:37 mark listen in.

"MARSHALL" "OPEN YOUR EYES MARSHALL"

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

LMAO, man the marshalls over here take alot of beating, specially when lower finals run with new guys running!!! you see buggies flying straight to the marshall's head, chest or best case knees

i think there are 5 or 6 of us here on Rctech but only 2 are active members. total number of racers in Kuwait is around 60 but they never show up all for a race, the max we had was 53 or 54 racers i think, but normally its around 40 racers.

road trip to Kuwait??!!! hmmm let me think!!! if you wanna race with us during the 2012 winter season, you better pack and leave today

cheers

Ali
Old 05-13-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

So I am guessing, and correct me if I'm wrong, but are those full time paid or volunteer marshalls? So the racers don't have to marshall? If that's the case, that is just down right awesome! Jealous!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

what an amazing track! i would love to run there!!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Thats a very nice place Ali!

How much to race in U.S.dollars if you can convert please? Also how close is the international airport? Not that i would be able to arive&race, just wondered. It would be nice to see worldwide aspects to the hobby although i beleive you showed us well with your vids. Looks like you guys are doing a great job. thanks for sharing.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yearly membership fees is 207 dollars thats a total of 8 point races buggy and 8 point races truggy totalling 16 races.

Track usage fees is 7USD for members and 17usd for non members per day on non race event days.

There was a short article about our facility on neobuggy a while back, would have been nice if philipe posted all the pics we sent but sadly little coverage was posted about our facility.

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...eywords=kuwait

We have a facebook group under the name of R.C.C.C.K which is prettty much loaded with the same information on our official club website on http://www.rccck.org

It's about 6 miles for the international airport and right opposite one of the nicest shopping malls in the country.

Here is another post of the track I posted a while back when we first started on the development and layout.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/track-lo...ck-onroad.html

It took us nearly 5 years of hard work to get this facility to reality, but thanks to the dedication of all the RCCCK members things did after all become reality.

Next on the list would be the onroad track and an indoor facility.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by G35Titan
So I am guessing, and correct me if I'm wrong, but are those full time paid or volunteer marshalls? So the racers don't have to marshall? If that's the case, that is just down right awesome! Jealous!
the Marshalls are full time paid during race days, they are a team of 10 and we pay them 350 bucks per race.
if you wanna go practice during the week, just give one of them a call, 2 will come and marshall for you for less than 10 bucks for both. Jealous?? you should be

cheers

Ali
Old 05-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Man that is like my dream track!!!!!!!!
Uh.....I'm thinking plane trip
Spechless man.awesome track and nice videos!
Old 05-14-2010, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

thanks for the great comments, am very happy you guys like our humble track