What is the best engine for a truggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the best engine for a truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default What is the best engine for a truggy?

Im new to the sport and looking for some info. Im looking to buy the team associated rc8t limited edition and looking for some professional advice. Thanks for all your help and hope my son and me meet you all at the tracks....
Old 05-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default Search a little first por favor senior.

Before you make a new post, check around and read up to see if your question has been asked/answered already..

Link to the thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...der-250-a.html

All the answers are already out there, all I can say is stick to the name brands, break it in properly and you will be content with your purchase!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Addict

This is my engine choice Werks B5 with 2013Werks pipe. You can see why for yourself http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ng-engine.html. Good Luck and Have Fun with your son.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default sorry

Sorry i work a ton and was trying to take the easy way out... i know research is best thing anyone can do. Just thoughti would throw it out there again thanks ill be more careful
Old 05-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

go tech .21 5 port!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

If you want to be scared of your motor get the FMS.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by cmiller120
Sorry i work a ton and was trying to take the easy way out... i know research is best thing anyone can do. Just thoughti would throw it out there again thanks ill be more careful
Oh I wasn't blasting you! I just like to find information on my own, sense of accomplishment in my eyes. Might as well contribute now ha. Whats your price range? These are the companies I see/have seen run well in truggy, Werks B5, Alpha (green head), Novarossi Plus4, Jammin JPX21 and a newer picco based engine that I have seen some good results from which is the Ofja .21JL. All these engines are around the $200 mark.. You can always spend more but its not required to be competitive, always more responsibility on the driver than the engine! I'm running a Trinity ExTech .21 in my truggy right now, insanely nice engine but support/parts are whack right now
Old 05-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Alpha 21 (green head) and the Alpha 801 pipe. great truggy engine, just got mine and has a smooth power plant and is extremely fast. the Orange head one is also great but it has a lot of bottom end power so its a little harder to drive if your just starting out.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cmiller120
No need to say sorry, a few new engines are out since that thread, as of today that thread need to be updated, always is something new in this hobby. Dont be afraid to ask, that's what forums are for.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by scoopdaloop
Oh I wasn't blasting you! I just like to find information on my own, sense of accomplishment in my eyes. Might as well contribute now ha. Whats your price range? These are the companies I see/have seen run well in truggy, Werks B5, Alpha (green head), Novarossi Plus4, Jammin JPX21 and a newer picco based engine that I have seen some good results from which is the Ofja .21JL. All these engines are around the $200 mark.. You can always spend more but its not required to be competitive, always more responsibility on the driver than the engine! I'm running a Trinity ExTech .21 in my truggy right now, insanely nice engine but support/parts are whack right now
This sound like a better answer for new fellow.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Novarossi

My favorite engine is the novarossi p5xls. It works great in a truggy due to the engine being powerful on acceleration. It really gets a big truggy going up to speed and lasts a long time. Novarossi is proven reliability and at around 250 bucks not bad on the wallet for a race engine.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Prophet

what about the rb hobby 9 5 port in the truggy , im waiting for my in the mail when ever that will come
with a 86 pipe on it.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

H.E.S Nova P5XLT (just ask Monty to do his magic)

cheers

Ali
Old 05-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Well

Originally Posted by tc5 man
what about the rb hobby 9 5 port in the truggy , im waiting for my in the mail when ever that will come
with a 86 pipe on it.
I don't see why not. RB engines are great too. You might try the 9853ss pipe on a truggy, or you could put a long header on the 086 and that would boost the torque, I'm sure you will love that engine....
Old 05-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoopdaloop
The OFNA .21 JLR is not picco based, it's made by Force. But yeah that would be a good choice, or a Jammin jpx.21 with a 086 pipe. That should move your truggy around nicely, and not break the bank.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.