Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Braking when rolling and off throttle

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Braking when rolling and off throttle

I remember seeing on this site or another someone who had the same problem but I can't seem to find the thread. My car seems to be applying a slight break when it's rolling and I'm off the throttle. What could be causing this? Could it be the trim?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Most likely cause is the trim but there also could be some sort of binding within the drive train or even that you need to allow a little more space in the linkages between your throttle being at idle and brakes starting to be applied.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Bengsch85
Most likely cause is the trim but there also could be some sort of binding within the drive train or even that you need to allow a little more space in the linkages between your throttle being at idle and brakes starting to be applied.
Thanks I'll start with the trim and work from there.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

The easiest way to check if its trim is with the rx off set your throttle servo so that there is no brakes applied and push it. If it still seems to catch somewhere you have a bind other wise its something with your trim. Good luck!
Old 05-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bengsch85
The easiest way to check if its trim is with the rx off set your throttle servo so that there is no brakes applied and push it. If it still seems to catch somewhere you have a bind other wise its something with your trim. Good luck!
+1
Old 05-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Ya it's most likely the linkage. My new Aftershock has crazy neutral brake drag out of the box... and this is a 'rtr'! And all this was due to the linkage not setup properly.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eurofocus
Ya it's most likely the linkage. My new Aftershock has crazy neutral brake drag out of the box... and this is a 'rtr'! And all this was due to the linkage not setup properly.
+1! check the linkages...

if you adjust the trim, you might upset the throttle...
Old 05-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree. I would check the linkages first, get it as close to proper as you physically can, and then adjust your trim accordingly.

Are you running a computer-style radio ( buttons and a screen ), or one with knobs( like an RTR radio )? If it's a computerized radio, you may want to reset all your settings before you mess with your linkages( or even easier, delete your current model, or even start a new one ), then adjust the linkages, followed by trimming the radio as your last step.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I put some springs on my brake linkage because my rear brake was sticking. Now everytime I hit the gas the spring makes sure the brake lever is pushed back.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

prob brake hang up(drag) if you got any old pens laying around take the springs out and cut them. stick a spring on each screw inbetween your brake pads so theres not draging on you disks... or you can just buy the springs from answerrc but old pens are cheaper lol