R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   proline tyre chart (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/396524-proline-tyre-chart.html)

yuppi1 05-08-2010 02:35 AM

proline tyre chart

hey does anyone have the tyre chart that poline has of which of there tyre is suited best to which sort of track surface?

cheers

mblgjr 05-09-2010 08:37 AM

I don't know if anyone has done a tread application chart for PL.

Here's their compound chart:

http://prolineracing.com/images/howt...poundChart.pdf

Tread-wise for buggy...

Caliber: Any outdoor track during the day that has a loose top surface w/hard base that begins to groove as the day progresses. Can be run on bluegroove.

Revolver: One step up from the Caliber; run as the track groove goes clean/starts to groove/is abrasive. Tougher than a Holeshot. Works well on outdoor tracks for me.

Holeshot: Great for qualifying if using a soft compound, track can be dusty, but needs to have a hard base. When run in a harder compound, the little pins 'punch' through the top dirt pretty well and last ok. Can run in a softer compound if the track is smoother/not abrasive and is tacky/high bite.

CrimeFighter/Bowtie: These were kinda replaced by the Caliber. The Caliber pretty much covers the conditions these tires work in too. If the track is wetter, and more like loose-topsoil, swap to these as they shouldn't clog quite as bad. Or if you want the car to rotate more, you can use a Crime/Tie combo front/rear.

Inside Job: Self explanatory. High bite, grooved, indoor. Can be used outdoor in rare cases.

Recoil: Between the Revolver and Caliber applications. Use when it's too dusty for a Revolver.

Tarimon 12-09-2011 11:39 AM

Anything actual on this?

jewn_beef 12-09-2011 12:25 PM

Wow he forgot the blockade and the new tazer
tazer is like a aka gridiron with slightly longer center bars very nice for wet med. Loamy tracks cuts through to bottom in soft compound will last longer in main than holeshot with similar feel
blockade is med. Pin tightly bunched taller than rovolver bu shorter than bow tie or crimefighter saxton of ae likes them with every other row cut out gives great forward bite and last long time if want chart go to proli.es web site or go to local hobby shop tire purpose is listed on back of resealable bags good luck ceel that proline is making a comeback i plan on running there new tazers instead of the gridirons but stick with aka red foam even the full ride guys run the aka foam

trimble 12-09-2011 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by mblgjr (Post 7381116)
I don't know if anyone has done a tread application chart for PL.

PL has in fact done a tread application chart themselves. It is printed on the backside of the tire packages. I'm actually about to glue a set of tires right now and I'm looking at the chart as I type.

trimble 12-09-2011 05:48 PM

TRACK TYPE/COMPOUND SUGGESTIONS/TREAD DESIGN

Loose(Loamy)/ 1st choice M3/ Bow-Tie, 2nd choice M2/ Caliber

Hard Packed(Wet)/ 1st choice M3/ Caliber, 2nd choice M2/ Hole Shot

Hard Packed(Dry)/ 1st choice M2/ Crime Fighter, 2nd choice XTR/ Revolver

Abrasive(Dry)/ 1st choice M2/ Revolver, 2nd choice XTR/ Crime Fighter

Blue Groove(Fast)/ 1st choice XTR/ Revolver, 2nd choice M2/ Bow-Tie

Indoor Clay(Damp) 1st choice M3/ Hole Shot, 2nd choice M2/ Revolver

This info is directly from the backside of the Pro-Line tire bag and not at all my own recommendations.

tc5 man 12-09-2011 06:41 PM

Hum well the m3 cailbers seem to work pretty good on a loose dusty suface the last time i ran outdoors with them it was about 60 degress outside.

This was on a truggy though not a buggy if that matters.

I never tried a m2 compound or a meduim compound aka tires i always ran soft compound tires all season .

trimble 12-10-2011 09:05 AM

I never run Pro-Line M2, Aka Mediums, or JConcepts Yellow or any of the harder compounds. I usually run M3, soft aka's and JC blue dots all season long depending on the brand of tire I run. Still as I said these are not my own personal recommendations. These were taken directly from the backside of a Pro-Line tire bag.

erc55 02-13-2012 12:51 PM

where does the tazer and blockade fit in the Proline track application list?

Tarimon 03-29-2012 04:46 AM

Which one on wet astro?

Which Proline would you guys recommend on wet astro?
Is there anything equal to the silver Schumacher Minipin? ;)

Thx

Tarimon 03-30-2012 01:21 AM

Noone? :(

Mark _australia 03-30-2012 04:39 AM

I run real grass not astro, but Schumacher mini pin in yellow for dry and silver for wet seems to be the go

slow coach 03-30-2012 04:53 AM

where does the sniper fit into the range or is that tyre on the way out.

seems like proline treads are all aimed squarely into a certain track range, they have gone big time to the smaller pin design and just adjust the size and spacing, this is ok as it would appear that they should cover all the bases but from a average racers point of view its a lot of tread choices to have to buy to cover small differences in track conditions. just an opinion i buy my own way so not swayed

Mark _australia 03-30-2012 05:42 AM

Slowcoach I do agree
They are designed for very high quality tracks it seems, not many options for places with smaller clubs that have crappy surfaces - and that is a large amount of the world.

I still can't believe they don't do a grass tyre - they would seel heaps in UK / Europe / Australia, where the grass track market is dominated by Schumacher and Medial Pro

I have gone off Proline after using the exclusively for a long while, then got a set of VP Pro and realised just how out of balance Proline are!

RobCee 03-30-2012 10:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I still had this saved from the 2009 Proline tire series. It should have some of the info you are looking for.