Wiki Posts
Search

DragBrake

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default DragBrake

Just wondering if any of yall run any dragbrake and if so how u set it up. Thanks
Old 05-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Prophet

on a nitro hell no lol, it would wear the clutch out like crazy.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
on a nitro hell no lol, it would wear the clutch out like crazy.
Drag brake is only applied when the trigger is neutral. Its never on when you start to pull an 1/8 or more, so you wont burn up a clutch. When you set drag brake its just a slight drag on the brakes when your finger is off the trigger. You adjust the drag brake with the link age on the car, nothing in the radio. Once you start to pull an 1/8 of the trigger it should fully free up.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks man.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not a good idea, the car will nose down of every jump if run with drag brake.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neobart
Not a good idea, the car will nose down of every jump if run with drag brake.
Your not setting drag brake as a lock up. When you set it up you will have very lite resistance when rolling the drive train on the box. Once you have the car running on the track. The mass of the car and the mass rotation of the drive train wont be as affected. The nose of the car wont dive unless you have way too much drag set.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

drag brake is ridiculous in nitro... you will have brake fade allot faster.. not to mention the extra heat build up... and also you won't have any drag at the end of day because it would of worn down.... and yes any drag on the drive train while in the air wile cause the nose to dive...
Old 05-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

I don't run it cause I want my car to roll as freely as possible thru the center of the corner.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Prophet

the only time i have notice drag brake, was when the brakes disc where dirty and when the brake coller setscrew. was hitting the top diff mount on my eight.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Initiate

I run drag brake always . the reason I run drag brake is because back in the day when all I raced was stock when you let off the gas the motor had so much natural drag that is would slow the car down quit fast so you could run a few more clicks of throttle trim or just deal with it. So over the years I have always dialed a little drag brake into the car.

As far as extra heat and extra wear on the brake in my experience this is never a problem. I mean like the guy a few post back saying he wants his car to roll free threw the center of the corner...... I dont now were you are racing but if you are not back in the throttle by the center of the corner were I race you would be traffic....
Old 05-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by zedrc
I run drag brake always . the reason I run drag brake is because back in the day when all I raced was stock when you let off the gas the motor had so much natural drag that is would slow the car down quit fast so you could run a few more clicks of throttle trim or just deal with it. So over the years I have always dialed a little drag brake into the car.

As far as extra heat and extra wear on the brake in my experience this is never a problem. I mean like the guy a few post back saying he wants his car to roll free threw the center of the corner...... I dont now were you are racing but if you are not back in the throttle by the center of the corner were I race you would be traffic....

how much do u run?
Old 05-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zedrc

+1

Been racing for over 20 years. I always run a little drag break in my 1/10 nitro truck. On my 8T-2.0 I don't usually run drag brake because it turns so well. On other 1/8 scales over the years I almost always ran some drag brake to help set the front end for corner entry. I just never developed a smooth braking finger from my early days of electric racing.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedzone99
how much do u run?
It varies depending on the track, for me anyway. I set a slight amount in the linkage at neutral. On the track I will adjust the throttle trim one way or the other to get the desired effect on entry steering. If the trim adjustment gets excessive I will readjust the linkage. This also allows you to adjust for changing track conditions by using the throttle trim as you loose or gain traction troughout the day.