Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
changing ninja engine bearings >

changing ninja engine bearings

changing ninja engine bearings

Old 04-25-2010, 06:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default changing ninja engine bearings

I need to change my bearings in my jx ninja. What are some of the best ways to do it? I have a heat gun but I left it at work the other day, And since its such a rainy day here I wanna change them today. Any suggestions?
Old 04-25-2010, 07:15 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

i normally pull the engine apart and stick it in oven, heat to 300deg, tap bearing out and stick new ones in, let cool. (wear gloves...lol)
Old 04-25-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

you will need a oven, oven mits, your empty crank case (cleaned with nitro spray or brake cleaner), a rubber mallet or wooden dowel, crank and flywheel.

preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Make sure everything is out of the crancase except your bearings. once it preheats to 300 degrees, place it in the oven for 10 minutes.

when you take it out (will be hot as hell) get a nutdriver or anything bigger then the inner diameter of the front bearing and tap it out. Now tap the back of the crankcase on the edge of the counter (with the exhaust hole hanging of the edge) and rear bearing should fall out.

now get your front bearing and press it in to get started and take a ruber mallet (or wooden dowl) and tap it all around until it is seated.

now take the rear bearing and put it on your crankshaft and install the crank. Take the flywheel and put it on the end of the crank, tighten the flywheel to seat the rear bearing like normal and your done!!

Might have to heat it back up during the process if it takes to long to complete all the steps.