R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Werks B5 or RB killer9 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/392234-werks-b5-rb-killer9.html)

vivo quevas 04-24-2010 09:55 AM

Werks B5 or RB killer9

I race dirt late model and I'm considering two motors Werks B5 or RB Killer9. Both motor are close in price the Killer9 I can't find rpm or hp ratings but I read in RB thread and other places that this is a high performing motor,
I read in the B5 good things and Ron at werks customer service is second to none and the Werks motor runs in the RPM range I need? What pipe would you recomend for oval racing I have a JP1 JP2 and 053 Dynamite but I'm open to getting a pipe.
This is my home track
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...11/rCEcDA7txiY

hdcruzer 04-24-2010 11:37 AM

What are the guys you racing with running. Im an off roader and run the B5 with a 2013. Good motor lots of bottom and mid and a good top when you have a long enough straight away for it to wind out.....

streetsports 04-24-2010 12:02 PM

wow that would make me dizzy...atleast you only have to replace yer 2 right tires...would be sick with a nascar style body

Maximo 04-24-2010 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by vivo quevas (Post 7313625)
I race dirt late model and I'm considering two motors Werks B5 or RB Killer9. Both motor are close in price the Killer9 I can't find rpm or hp ratings but I read in RB thread and other places that this is a high performing motor,
I read in the B5 good things and Ron at werks customer service is second to none and the Werks motor runs in the RPM range I need? What pipe would you recomend for oval racing I have a JP1 JP2 and 053 Dynamite but I'm open to getting a pipe.
This is my home track
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...11/rCEcDA7txiY

On a oval course my modified JL 21 ( $250.00 modded with fitted piston) will outgun both engine mentioned..a JL and a K9 are the same engine...but with my work the JL becomes and absolute monster, good bottom, excelent mid and a unbelievable top end...

Jaz240 04-24-2010 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Maximo (Post 7314175)
On a oval course my modified JL 21 ( $250.00 modded with fitted piston) will outgun both engine mentioned..a JL and a K9 are the same engine...but with my work the JL becomes and absolute monster, good bottom, excelent mid and a unbelievable top end...

:nod:

off road god 04-24-2010 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Maximo (Post 7314175)

This white man speakum truth! Heap big bunch of truth!

DPowers 04-24-2010 04:09 PM

I ran my B5 in my buggy and it was extremly fast and now i run it in my truggy and it is plenty of motor for it i would have to go with the B5 and the gas milage is exccellent.

randystang 04-24-2010 04:20 PM

k9 eats b5

Maximo is 100% correct his work is second to no one, his ofna jl .21 will suck up a b5 and spit out the parts, even the stock jl, or k9 - same motor, will smoke a b5. maximo can tell you the quality of the jl is excellent

Maximo 04-24-2010 04:25 PM

I have a batch of B5's I am working on.. look for a Clockwork B5 video soon !

IMHO if i was looking at stock engines the B5,K9 or Jl are awesome....tho I think I may like the B5's take no prisoners bottom end over the smoother JL and K9..but i tend to like alot of bottom end

vivo quevas 04-24-2010 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Maximo (Post 7314496)
I have a batch of B5's I am working on.. look for a Clockwork B5 video soon !

IMHO if i was looking at stock engines the B5,K9 or Jl are awesome....tho I think I may like the B5's take no prisoners bottom end over the smoother JL and K9..but i tend to like alot of bottom end

Maximo every one else,
Thanks for input, I need my car to get off the corner quicker then the 28 I race and bottom end of the B5 sounds like a winner. The problem is I need a motor by Thursday to break in Friday and race saturday at 11 am. I am going to order a motor?

Werks 04-24-2010 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by randystang (Post 7314482)
Maximo is 100% correct his work is second to no one, his ofna jl .21 will suck up a b5 and spit out the parts, even the stock jl, or k9 - same motor, will smoke a b5. maximo can tell you the quality of the jl is excellent

Randystang, if you think that a stock JL or K9 will and I quote "suck up a B5 and spit out the parts" then I think that you have been drinking a little bit too much of the coolaid lol. Stock to stock the B5 will hold it's own with any motor out there especially against the cheaper taiwaneese engines that you mentioned. Now what happens after a modder like Maximo works his magic on them is another question. He has the ability to alter the performance of engines to suit whatever the specific intended use of the engine is, so then it's like comparing apples to oranges.

DPowers 04-24-2010 06:17 PM

I drove a jl.21 on my buddys losi and the motor was fast but no way did it have the power the B5.

Jason Pelletier 04-24-2010 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by DPowers (Post 7314857)
I drove a jl.21 on my buddys losi and the motor was fast but no way did it have the power the B5.

I bet, The B5 is a animal of a mill. The price is deceiving.:eek:

vivo quevas 04-24-2010 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Werks (Post 7314800)
Randystang, if you think that a stock JL or K9 will and I quote "suck up a B5 and spit out the parts" then I think that you have been drinking a little bit too much of the coolaid lol. Stock to stock the B5 will hold it's own with any motor out there especially against the cheaper taiwaneese engines that you mentioned. Now what happens after a modder like Maximo works his magic on them is another question. He has the ability to alter the performance of engines to suit whatever the specific intended use of the engine is, so then it's like comparing apples to oranges.

Ron, I joined the Werks family I love your passion for your product. I want your recomendation on the pipes I have 053 Dynamite,JP1,JP2. It's for oval racing and the track is hooked up.

JAMMINKRAZY 04-24-2010 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by vivo quevas (Post 7315565)
Ron, I joined the Werks family I love your passion for your product. I want your recomendation on the pipes I have 053 Dynamite,JP1,JP2. It's for oval racing and the track is hooked up.

If you can swing it, I would get a Werks 2013 pipe for it. If not I would think the 053 would be the best out of the ones you listed.:nod: