R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   help steering problems (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/391986-help-steering-problems.html)

newuserlosi8t 04-23-2010 09:58 AM

help steering problems

my servo works fine its a hitech 985 and its in a losi 8 buggy all of a sudden it will not turn right or left and its hard to even turn the wheels by hand it feels like something is binding there is no dirt rocks etc stuck in there any tips or what should i do
when i take the servo arm thing of the servo it works fine i dnt know what to do and am at the point of selling it please help

jewn_beef 04-23-2010 10:04 AM

will the wheels go right to left when the servo is not hooked up if so then servo could be bad but if not then you have a bind somewhere in the steering assembly best way to find it is to take the steering assembly out and apart to see what is wrong
start by checking if wheels move with servo arm disconnected if they do then servo might be bad if they dont then take steering tie rods off and then try to move steering assembly if does not move then would take whole steering out and check for jams or if you clean car with water and have ot run for while could have rusted bearings that froze just take it all apart will find the problem

newuserlosi8t 04-23-2010 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by jewn_beef (Post 7309971)
will the wheels go right to left when the servo is not hooked up if so then servo could be bad but if not then you have a bind somewhere in the steering assembly best way to find it is to take the steering assembly out and apart to see what is wrong
start by checking if wheels move with servo arm disconnected if they do then servo might be bad if they dont then take steering tie rods off and then try to move steering assembly if does not move then would take whole steering out and check for jams or if you clean car with water and have ot run for while could have rusted bearings that froze just take it all apart will find the problem

when not connected to servo its very hard to turn i have taken and put back together and am very picky on cleaning dont use water dnt run the car when its wet i clean the car after every use i just dont understand why its doing this i took the servo out and put it in my truggy works great
any thing ealse i have checked the bearings also the are good

tc5 man 04-23-2010 10:42 AM

im guessing you have the eight 1.0 steering rack? if so you have to loosen the screws, that go into the rack. just loosen intill, it feels like its not binding not to much though.

i highly remmend the 2.0 steering rack, you dont have to loosen the screws to make it feel smooth.

also check the steering bearings that, go into the bellcranks make sure they arent gritty. and check if the, turnbuckle ball ends arent real tight.

neobart 04-23-2010 10:47 AM

Another thing to check is the servo saver. if it has loosened it will bind on the chassis.

newuserlosi8t 04-23-2010 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by tc5 man (Post 7310100)
im guessing you have the eight 1.0 steering rack? if so you have to loosen the screws, that go into the rack. just loosen intill, it feels like its not binding not to much though.

i highly remmend the 2.0 steering rack, you dont have to loosen the screws to make it feel smooth.

also check the steering bearings that, go into the bellcranks make sure they arent gritty. and check if the, turnbuckle ball ends arent real tight.

so i gave everything a run thru again the right ackerman i think is how u spell it the screw wouldnt let it move so i loosened it problem solved thanks for all ur guys tips

NitroFreakManHo 04-23-2010 01:22 PM

GOOD STUFF! You gotta love the friends you make on these forums:D Glad to hear that you're back in action.

newuserlosi8t 04-24-2010 10:30 AM

forums

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo (Post 7310587)
GOOD STUFF! You gotta love the friends you make on these forums:D Glad to hear that you're back in action.

i agree every one is ready to help
thanks again to everyone