Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AVID vs Ready Rollers Bearings!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default AVID vs Ready Rollers Bearings!!

hey guys,

am trying to buy bearing sets for my 8ight that arent expensive like my Bocas and found that both companies have a full set for 24 bucks, AVID dont have a full set so you have to buy them seperatly where Ready rollers do have a set. i have never used bearings from either companies and would love to hear from you guys who used, raced and rebuilt them. which way to go, Avid or RR ???

cheers

Ali
Old 04-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
hey guys,

am trying to buy bearing sets for my 8ight that arent expensive like my Bocas and found that both companies have a full set for 24 bucks, AVID dont have a full set so you have to buy them seperatly where Ready rollers do have a set. i have never used bearings from either companies and would love to hear from you guys who used, raced and rebuilt them. which way to go, Avid or RR ???

cheers

Ali

If its just between the 2 AVID - I have great experience with their yellow sea bearings. TKO is good for clutch bearings. I buy my bearing where ever. AMAIN, TKO, AVID, BOCA http://www.bocabearings.com/main1.as...3839&n=#57-170........
Never heard of RR
Old 04-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Both David ( Avid ) and Jerome (Ready) are awesome folks with awesome products. I'm lucky enough to race regionally with 'Romie. I personally choose to run Avid under normal circumstances, but merely from force of habit...David has been around longer than 'Romie has. On another note, I am running RR ceramics in my engine.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm sure you will get the " I use these so they are best " B.S.

The one thing I can tell you is the service from ready roller is amazing.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

When it comes to dollar bearing Customer service is the best thing you can look for. I used them all, cant recommend one over the other
Old 04-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Adept

Never personally ran AVID bearings but I started using Ready Rollers this season. I have the ceramics and haven't had any failures or any crunchies. The 2 things I really like about RR's is the great prices on all products and the fact that Jerome is very helpful with super fast shipping!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

thanks guys for the answers.

cdbias, what car you running??

cheers

Ali
Old 04-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I ran Avid last year in my 2.0 and yes they are good but wear a little premature. I have been running RR this year and have not had any failures or problems with them and have not had to change a bearing yet 2 months of racing, plus Jerome is an amazing guy and his customer support is 2nd to none.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

running avid right now. looking to try something different for no particular reason.

what i really want is some really good clutch bearings. are ceramics good for the clutch?
Old 04-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

hey boca has a $24 dollar set for the 8ight as well, i got a set and they have done me well so far!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
running avid right now. looking to try something different for no particular reason.

what i really want is some really good clutch bearings. are ceramics good for the clutch?
I've been reading a lot of good things about the TKO special clutch bearings. I'll pick some up in the future when my electric addiction settles down and run nitro again.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

He did not ask about Boca or TKO's

I have been dealing with Jerome, he has been great. Avids are nice bearings, but Jerome is very hands on and easy to deal with. He supports allot of racers and races.

When it comes to all this, I try and support those who support the hobby. It is like Walmart or Simple Green, sure the are cheap, but I do not see them sponsoring drivers or races.......So I shop at the Hobby Stores and buy "RC" related products.

I am not dogging on anyone, but our hobby needs $$$$ badly, so lets try and help the ones that help us. Ready Rollers is a great company!!

my 2 cents.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
I've the same question... what is the absolute best bearing that can take a lot of heat and abuse for clutch?

Speaking of bearings....whats up with acer bearings? first time I went to their website I thought I must've mistyped and i'm at a swimsuit website &
Old 04-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xjqkz
I've the same question... what is the absolute best bearing that can take a lot of heat and abuse for clutch?

Speaking of bearings....whats up with acer bearings? first time I went to their website I thought I must've mistyped and i'm at a swimsuit website &
Ready Rollers clutch bearings are the absolute best, ceramic or regular. Plain and simple way to answer.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JBURCH
Ready Rollers clutch bearings are the absolute best, ceramic or regular. Plain and simple way to answer.
How many gallons do they last on average?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.