Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro finger or Electric finger?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default Nitro finger or Electric finger?

So being new to nitro, I have been told by some I need to learn "nitro finger" (ie: blipping the trigger in the corners). Then some of the other electric converts say I don't need to and to stay smooth on the throttle. Question is: what is the purpose of blipping the throttle instead of being smooth with the throttle? Opinions please.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I will say we were at a cross road with racing so i got my lad into electric and have not looked back his gas driving has improved 110% Super smooth now and his fuel consumption has also extended as he is not Blipping the throttle around corners.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

you want to be smooth on the throttle. blipping the throttle just waste fuel. if u have to blip the throttle to clean the engine out you need to lean the engine out more and be smooth lol i used to have the nitro finger but i started racing electric this winter and im smooth on the throttle now. no blipping. being smooth will give u longer runtime as well.

i hate hearing brabrabrabraaappp when people go through cornors. just be smoooottthhh.. brrraaaaaapppp LOL sorry couldnt resist.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Thanks...makes sense to me.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i think "happy" finger sounds better.

and we all know both are better then stinky finger
Old 04-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey mate, if you know how to be smooth stay smooth.. i got myself an elettric car to impove my consistecy!

Keep you elettric finger!!
Old 04-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

i've seen people blipping in the straights.
i come from electric and don't blip eather.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

That's just it, I am coming from electric and am still learning all this nitro stuff. I'll stick to smooth...lol
Old 04-20-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Stay smooth! Blipping the throttle is a bad habit that many nitro racers have(including myself somewhat). I come from a nitro background and recently have been running some electric and it has made me smoother and in turn I believe faster. You can however drive aggressively and still be smooth. You will find that you have to drive your nitro cars more aggressively than you would a 1/10 scale electric car. That doesn't mean you should be all over the throttle everywhere though.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

If you spend some time racing or watching etc. its obvious who has significant electric experience. JMO
Old 04-21-2010, 12:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
So being new to nitro, I have been told by some I need to learn "nitro finger" (ie: blipping the trigger in the corners). Then some of the other electric converts say I don't need to and to stay smooth on the throttle. Question is: what is the purpose of blipping the throttle instead of being smooth with the throttle? Opinions please.
You can be smooth but if your bottom is too rich it will kill you. your gonna need a "leaner" bottom end. Not lean just leaner.

You will soon realize 1/10th electric ain't 1/8 scale the lines are different and the racing is different.

Get ready to get hacked !!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

The fastest guys at my track, with the exception of one, are all really smooth on the throttle. There's a little blipping every now and then, but for the most part, it linear pulls getting on, and off the throttle. I also found that I was much more comfortable with my truggy when I made a conscious effort to make smooth, steady throttle inputs.

Think about it this way, if you're constantly on and off the throttle, your suspension has to constantly react to differnt load inputs, as well as the track conditions underneath it...there's no way to be consistently fast if you can't be consistently smooth.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
i think "happy" finger sounds better.

and we all know both are better then stinky finger
I'm surprised no one's mentioned "sticky finger".....that's where you put tape on the trigger to get a better grip, right???

....yeah, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

atsushi hara was blipping like crazy on the video on youtube of him practicing at thunder alley, and he's a world champion. he ia also top three driver in the world onroad.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have nitro finger... I wish I could trade.

Yes, some folks do blip a lot... and sometimes clearing the engine isn't a bad thing... but generally smoother is better!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.