Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
DUST MASK/ RESPORATOR WHEN MARSHALLING. ANYONE? >

DUST MASK/ RESPORATOR WHEN MARSHALLING. ANYONE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DUST MASK/ RESPORATOR WHEN MARSHALLING. ANYONE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

I might try run my engine without air/fuel filter and see what happen
Old 02-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Ruune
Lets all stand shoulder to shoulder and have a p*ssing contest. who cares? I was actually trying to post some helpful information here. but I digress... Im done with this thread.

moderator... lock please?

dont pay attention to us man we just having a r/c withdraw no nitro smell can make you cranky .

if you have breathing problems go ahead and wear one outdoors when racing if its dusty its up to you.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Yeah

the bandana thing is a good idea....It can be tough to breathe sometimes...

I've started wearing depends because when a truggy is growling down on me off a jump I just may have an accident.....
Old 02-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Ruune
I

Yeah it actually does. Humidifying air before you breathe it cuts down on inhaled dust. I learned this riding motocross, but I guess you wouldn't know that. have fun with your little sc10 and come back when you get a big boy car and/or have something to contribute. Ass.

Make sure you turn on spell checker too, idiot.
I havent the need, nor the desire to spell everything 100% correctly, and i post alot from my phone, too tedious and time consuming..the point gets across.

that BS aside, you seem like a panzy too! if conditions are that bad where you guys are, maybe you need to tell your track owner/caretaker, to WATER the damn track....

Big boy car eh? lucky me, i have quite a few full scale cars that are built/enjoyed/raced...
Old 02-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by FTSC10
I havent the need, nor the desire to spell everything 100% correctly, and i post alot from my phone, too tedious and time consuming..the point gets across.

that BS aside, you seem like a panzy too! if conditions are that bad where you guys are, maybe you need to tell your track owner/caretaker, to WATER the damn track....

Big boy car eh? lucky me, i have quite a few full scale cars that are built/enjoyed/raced...

you know the saying you cant please everybody when it comes to tracks.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It can't hurt right? I see no issue with wearing a dust mask, or a respirator for nitro fumes.

Even if there are no harmful long term effects, it sucks breathing in nitro fumes and dust.

For example - I wear a respirator when using non-toxic water based airbrush paints. Will they hurt me if I inhale? Probably not. Do I like having blue paint dust inside my nose? No. Blue metallic pearl colored snot can't be good.

As far as being a sissy - this from the dude with the purple wheelie machine (2wd electric no less....yea lots of dust there....) Plus, WTF - I hate to break it to you, we race toy cars??? I don't think this hobby can be argued as "hardcore".... give it a rest and just have fun.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FTSC10

You've made your point, go back to the electric forums.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

FYI 3M disposable masks do not preven vapors from entering your body. Dust yes vapor no, it take a differnt sort of mask and cartridge.

Last edited by WideOpenThrottle RC; 02-10-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I would have to say that nitro fumes indoors would have to be harmful to the human body in some form. Alot of cancer causing agents. I guess time will tell if we all get sick or not.
What I find funny is the simple fact that you can't smoke in these indoor buildings but you can consume all the burnt nitro you want ......
I don't smoke so that rule doesn't apply to me but I certainly find it amusing.

Last edited by Greg B; 02-10-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Yep

Originally Posted by Greg B
I would have to say that nitro fumes indoors would have to be harmful to the human body in some form. Alot of cancer causing agents. I guess time will tell if we all get sick or not.
What I find funny is the simple fact that you can't smoke in these indoor buildings but you can consume of the burnt nitro you want ......
I don't smoke so that rule doesn't apply to me but I certainly find it amusing.
When I first met you I didn't realize, I love you nitro...Da da da da da daaa...
Old 02-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Well I don't think there is a definitive answer to whether or not nitro fumes will hurt you, but here is the MSDS sheet for nitromethane

http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9927374