Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Question for you Rc'ers in Dallas, Tx >

Question for you Rc'ers in Dallas, Tx

Question for you Rc'ers in Dallas, Tx

Old 04-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Question for you Rc'ers in Dallas, Tx

Hey guys...I work as a traveling Nurse..and My next assignment is in Dallas, Tx. I am just wondering what types of RC venues are there. I will be there for 13 weeks and I wont know a soul. So any help would be appreciated...perhaps make some friends and go have a beer or five sometimes..Hahaha. I usually run 8th scale. I can wheel a truggy decently..top b main material...Hahaha. I also run 10th scale on road Nitro Touring w/ a kickass Kyosho RRR Evo2. So any Dallas racers can introduce me to the local RC scene will be appreciated!
Old 04-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

There are couple that I know of in Dallas area. Indy RC and Mike's Hobby Shop.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Locally in Dallas for 8th & 1/10th Scale it will be.

Indy RC World in Garland. They are an Indoor track. Club racing on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Dirt oval on Firday night. Open track the rest of the time.

http://www.indyrcworld.net

For your 1/10th scale only it would be.

Mike's Hobby Shop is in Carrollton (Burb of Dallas) They have an indoor track for both on-road and off-road, but electric only due to building restrictions no Nitro indoor. They have just recently gotten a permit for an out-door off-road track which should be 200' x 100' at least once it is complete, and is being built right next to the building. They are shooting for June for the 1st actual Race on the new track I believe, but it could be open sooner. I haven't been by there in awhile so I'm sure someone has more info on the process.

Not sure of Mike's website though, so I don't have a link.

Hope to see you there!
Old 04-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

13wks hhmmm
if you are there at the end of May do the RC Pro South Round 2 at Indy RC

Granbury has a track too.

Here is Mikes Hobby Shop info:

http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com/
they are working on an outdoor 1/8 scale track so hopefully soon

If you do get bored though make a 3hr trip up north and run with the Oklahoma Nitro Club at Taylor Park RC Raceway.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

good bunch of guys here!!!! some are a little,,,off though!!!!!

Last edited by jrwoodchuck; 04-16-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you get a chance also check out Ncontrol in Austin tx. Good group of guys in both cities.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

thanks guys i hope to meet u all sometimes. Ran into Jesse Robbers at the local track today. That man's got skillz.:
Attached Thumbnails Question for you Rc'ers in Dallas, Tx-photo.jpg  
Old 04-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
good bunch of guys here!!!! some are a little,,,off though!!!!!
Lol...yeah woodchuck...as long they arent racist..I am asian..I dont talk sh!et and easy going..I never hack unless hacked 1st..just I dont wanna end up tied to a rope being dragged by a pick-up.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (97%+)

Originally Posted by nitronutzzz
Lol...yeah woodchuck...as long they arent racist..I am asian..I dont talk sh!et and easy going..I never hack unless hacked 1st..just I dont wanna end up tied to a rope being dragged by a pick-up.

LOL! Naw, not with these guys here. Everyone is welcome wherever and whoever you may be here in Texas. But I will say.... you asians got some good rc driving skillz! Hit me up if you ever want to go practice some 1/8 nitro off road or 1/10 electric off road. Im looking for a second 4x4 Slash at the moment, so if I end up with one, you can run my extra. Tony Keigley 817-689-4577
Old 04-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

i'll agree with tony, we get along with everybody. well, except the slash guys...oh, and the kyosho, mugen, hot bodys, and associated people...they can all play in traffic for all i care. And don't get me started on the xray nut jobs....

wait, is that you holding a D8t????

Get a rope!!!!

Last edited by jrwoodchuck; 04-17-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
i'll agree with tony, we get along with everybody. well, except the slash guys...oh, and the kyosho, mugen, hot bodys, and associated people...they can all play in traffic for all i care. And don't get me started on the xray nut jobs....

wait, is that you holding a D8t????

Get a rope!!!!
Lol doug..I've owned everything u just listed above..but yes I do have a D8T..was a present from the ex-wife. It really dont handle bad for 300 bucks. but if it will save me from da rope I do have a 8t 2.0. It just happened I grabbed the d8t on the way out that day. If it makes ya feel better I did get my azz handed to me that day. Bunch of freaking hackers here at the local track. I dont think I got passed clean once...

Tony thanks for yer kind offer. Will look u up when I get in the big D..know any good clubs? Always wanted to get it on with a cowgirl...HAHAHA
Old 04-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default this Picture is for Doug

Attached Thumbnails Question for you Rc'ers in Dallas, Tx-picture.jpg  
Old 04-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure that's not gonna be an issue. My adopted daughter is Vietnamese... as is "Pole Dancer's" girlfriend...

As for the hacking part... well... at least you won't feel like you're just being picked on... you'll be used to it. The solution to the hacking problem is "don't run sportsman truggy!"
Old 04-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DOMIT
I'm pretty sure that's not gonna be an issue. My adopted daughter is Vietnamese... as is "Pole Dancer's" girlfriend...

As for the hacking part... well... at least you won't feel like you're just being picked on... you'll be used to it. The solution to the hacking problem is "don't run sportsman truggy!"
That's good to know Brad...and no I dont run sportsman. In fact I was runner-up Truggy point series last year here at the asylum extreme..a world class track here in Louisville,Ky....I have a different driving style. I believe in smoothness. I am not aggressive and I dont ballz out..but I am rarely on my lid neither.
BTW..how's your face...heard u took a big tumble a while back..hope u r doing ok.
Attached Thumbnails Question for you Rc'ers in Dallas, Tx-picture-042.jpg  
Old 04-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I think you will like it here, the people in this area are all right for the most part. there are a few cliques but they are easy to spot and ignore. either way finding someone helpful and friendly wont be a problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.