Wiki Posts
Search

8ight 2.0 shock question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default 8ight 2.0 shock question...

Wanted to try the 8ight 2.0 shocks on my open sct but not sure which ones to get. Are the buggy and truggy shocks different lengths? Does anybody have an eye to eye measurement for the fronts and/or rears? Thanks.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

i would look into touring car shocks, possibly. maybe slide over to the electric section, unless your speaking of nitro sc, and check on compatability of upgrade shocks for your sc truck. i have doubt that 8ight shocks would in any way fit your sc track.

in case your sure on your decision...the 8ight 2.0 buggy rear shocks are the same as the front of the 8ight t 2.0 truggy. the 8t 2.0 truggy rear shocks are longer than the front 8t 2.0 shocks and the front 8ight 2.0 buggy shocks are shorter than the buggy rears.

at one point i tried 8ight shocks on gas trucks. there was no way it was going to work without major mods and loss of structural geometry.

good luck
Old 04-16-2010, 08:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti AS3
Wanted to try the 8ight 2.0 shocks on my open sct but not sure which ones to get. Are the buggy and truggy shocks different lengths? Does anybody have an eye to eye measurement for the fronts and/or rears? Thanks.

you'll have to decide on which shock tower's you want to run....most guys run Front's all the way around with the stock tower's....SNR i think it is makes upgrade tower's to allow for longer rear shocks i believe....As 8&stuff said the 2.0T rear's are alot longer then the buggy rears...so you'll either want a full set of buggy shocks(upgrade tower first) or you'll want 4 buggy front's......You'll also need the stand offs as well.

There was another user who said he used HB shock as they come with the stand offs and all the hardware needed...its up to you what you want to rig up and run.