Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi 8ight t 2.0 RTR Problem >

Losi 8ight t 2.0 RTR Problem

Losi 8ight t 2.0 RTR Problem

Reply

Old 04-13-2010, 02:09 PM
  #1  
Tech Rookie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6
Default Losi 8ight t 2.0 RTR Problem

I decided today was the day that I would break in my Losi 8ight t 2.0 RTR and before i put fuel in the engine i binded the remote with the bind plug. I turned on all power and turned the steering wheel clockwise and nothing. I turned it left and the wheels turned all the way left and did not return to center and I was unable to return them to the center either. I havent even put gas in the fuel tank yet and I dont know what is wrong with the steering. Any help would be appreciated!
Jato3.3NJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:19 PM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (31)
 
pickle311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,650
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Probably a bad steering servo, they don't last long.

With everything off, can you turn the front wheels left to right freely minus the drag from the servo? I doubt something is binding, but you never know.
You can also try removing the servo horn, turn everything on, and see what happens.


Start with the basics though. Did you charge the receiver pack first? It really sounds like the batteries are dead.
pickle311 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:34 PM
  #3  
Tech Rookie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6
Default

I charged the receiver pack fully, and get nothing, i will recharge receiver pack again tonight and try in the morning.
Jato3.3NJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:21 PM
  #4  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (-1)
 
DiaRh34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Milan, Tennessee
Posts: 564
Default

Does it do this while its on the ground? Will it work right if the wheels are lifted in the air?

If this is the case, its a bad servo. I would no be surprised for the same thing happen with my 2.0b rtr. Horizon should replace the servo (they did for me) but it will just happen again. I ended up getting a nice steering servo and moving the stock one to the throttle.
DiaRh34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:45 PM
  #5  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
hdcruzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pittsburg Ca.
Posts: 734
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jato3.3NJ View Post
I decided today was the day that I would break in my Losi 8ight t 2.0 RTR and before i put fuel in the engine i binded the remote with the bind plug. I turned on all power and turned the steering wheel clockwise and nothing. I turned it left and the wheels turned all the way left and did not return to center and I was unable to return them to the center either. I havent even put gas in the fuel tank yet and I dont know what is wrong with the steering. Any help would be appreciated!
Why did you bind it? There bound from the factory. Alls you had to do was turn it on and it should have worked fine. The only reason they give you the bind plug is if you want to bind your control to another car......
hdcruzer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:30 PM
  #6  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (-1)
 
DiaRh34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Milan, Tennessee
Posts: 564
Default

yeah that too, I never bound mine when i got it
DiaRh34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:44 PM
  #7  
Tech Rookie
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 18
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DiaRh34 View Post
Does it do this while its on the ground? Will it work right if the wheels are lifted in the air?

If this is the case, its a bad servo. I would no be surprised for the same thing happen with my 2.0b rtr. Horizon should replace the servo (they did for me) but it will just happen again. I ended up getting a nice steering servo and moving the stock one to the throttle.
So what was your pick for the steering servo.

same boat
luckypunk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:38 PM
  #8  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (-1)
 
DiaRh34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Milan, Tennessee
Posts: 564
Default

Ace 1313, still going strong (knock on wood).
DiaRh34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:39 PM
  #9  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 21
Default

Originally Posted by Jato3.3NJ View Post
I charged the receiver pack fully, and get nothing, i will recharge receiver pack again tonight and try in the morning.
I'm having the same exact problem with my steering. This is after a day of babying it in a parking lot. I'm just going to order the same Hitec you got and be done with it. I still want this one replaced though since I paid for it. Did you get it replaced?
The Wedge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:57 PM
  #10  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (-1)
 
DiaRh34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Milan, Tennessee
Posts: 564
Default

Horizon should replace it if you've not had it long, especially if you just now broke it in. I suggest getting it replaced and using it on throttle. It will not last long as steering, trust me a new good servo makes a world of difference in handling and your driving
DiaRh34 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service