Community
Wiki Posts
Search

About Sportwerks Turmoil

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? About Sportwerks Turmoil

I just bought a new Sportwerks Turmoil 1/8. Guys, could you tell me something about it. Is it good? bad? I wanna know, thanks all.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

My friend just also bought one. I started trying to find parts online for him and was having trouble finding them. I called the company who use to make them(sportwerks discountinued all of their RC's) and the lady told me that they are probably not going to make any more parts of rthe turmoil.

She said that his best bet would be to sell it and buy another buggy. We did find one store online that carried most of the parts for it, but the ones that say backorder are probably never going to be able to be ordered again.

If you want to keep yours I advise to buy all the parts you can find for it before they are gone, and you break something small that can't be replaced.

He had the mayhem last year and really liked it. It sucks that sportwerks is done. It seems they made very affordable cars for people who didn't really want to get into full racing.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Oh, i got it. But, hard for me to sell it, 'cause no one needs it. That's wrong to buy it. Now, in amainhobby.com has little parts of it, I have to buy it before it's gone
Old 04-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

It was a great car for its time. The tech part of that car is behind now so thats why they have moved on. It is still a good car and tough as nails. Just not that competetive for the race market. If you need anything for the Turmoil e-mail me at [email protected]. I have alot stuff left over.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:03 AM
Tech Initiate

oh, I broke one lowest fornt arm and i can't find it in my country so I made new by modified corresponding arm of OCM and it's still good until now. But, i still want Turmoil's branch
Old 04-08-2010, 04:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by joshdao
I just bought a new Sportwerks Turmoil 1/8. Guys, could you tell me something about it. Is it good? bad? I wanna know, thanks all.
One of the best buggies ever made. Strong,durable and fast. In 2006 I qualified one 6th in the A-main at the Tennesse State Championship in Columbia,Tn.

The buggy could kick Mugen a$$ at half the price! The layout of the Mayhem/Turmoil was pretty much a copy of a Mugen when you looked at them side by side.

A strong off roader and still a leathal oval car. Still hold a oval track record with a Mayhem Pro.

Check out ebay! The sellers name is hopmeup. From Madison,North Carolina. USA. They ship to Asia also.

I still have 2 of them with parts to build 2 more. I ve bought most of my Mayhem/Turmoil parts from hopmeup since 2005.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:53 AM
Tech Initiate

@off road god how can i get with him? I don't have any Paypal accounts yet, So i'd like to try Mayhem Pro's parts.

Last edited by joshdao; 04-10-2010 at 02:29 AM.