R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   what parts for the RC8? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/385501-what-parts-rc8.html)

8IGHTROCKETX3 04-01-2010 01:22 PM

what parts for the RC8?

just got a RC8 roller, and i want to make a list of frequently broken parts for the 8 so i can stock up.

so what, if anything are you guys breaking?

awidz 04-01-2010 03:17 PM

not much

i have ran my rc8b all winter racing indoors, and have yet to replace anything but the clutch bearing. the car is really solid, you will not go through much of replacement parts.:sneaky:

rc8 racer 04-01-2010 03:42 PM

I would say make sure it has the alumnium top plate. other than that it comes down to driving, im not that good yet and still crash alot so i break all the time.

Goomba_7 04-01-2010 07:35 PM

The RC8B is a real solid buggy. Once I became pretty decent at throwing it around a track I really haven't broke anything. I did break a couple of turnbuckle ends, and wing mounts from serious lid slams, but if you keep the thing on 4 wheels you'll be replacing things for maintenance rather then cuz things broke. But I agree with RC8 Racer if your roller doesn't have the Aluminum top plate in the front or the Team A, B, C, and D blocks then those are definitely good parts to upgrade to right away to get more durability out of the first buggy. If you Check out the main RC8 thread and roam through it you could probably find everything you would want to know.

Stirex 04-01-2010 11:43 PM

Ok well here is my list of stuff I drag to races. Mind you most of these things have not broken but here goes...

Bearings (8x16x5 and 15x21x4) at least a couple of each, if one siezes you have a replacement

Hinge Pin Bushings (The one, two, three dot things, these wear, can help tighten up that suspension)

Hinge Pins (Outer and Inner)

Top Shock Bushings

Those little red and blue bushings :)

Shock Shafts (These have and do bend on good hits (remember not always your fault, sometimes that crazy knuckle head who hits you head on))

A-Arms (Front bottom and Tops, Rears)

Rear Hub carrier (used to break these on my T alot, none on buggy yet)

Clutch (Always have a spare complete clutch, bell and flywheel)

Camber Links (Any ball links really, they tend to be one of the first things to break in a hard impact (Not a bad thing :))

Spare screws/ nuts (All sizes, but most important, 3x12s, 3x14s, 4x12s, 4x14s, M3 locknuts, M3 Flanged for shocks, also the top shock screws and the motor mount ones with lock washers)

Diff Cases

Exhaust hanger ( also the set screws for it)

Spare Glow plugs

Spare Fuel Tubing

Spare Fuel Tank

Complete Air Filter Assembly (Also spare filter elements)

Wheel Nuts

Optional:

Dog Bones (F/R and Center) / Rebuild Kit (they get bent and worn)

Outdrives (F/R)

Turnbuckles

Anypart that you upgraded with something else

Servo (Something that can do double duty if needed)

Battery for reciever

I'm sure there are other things to add to this list. This is the minimum I would go with to a race. I have almost always had a part I have needed if something broke on my car, and in most cases even for other's RC8/ RC8T... I also in worst case, always can strip stuff on my RC8T chassis. Also most of the spares I have are parts that have been upgraded or when I buy parts, I buy them in 2's.

MontanaMaxx 04-02-2010 12:22 AM

my buddy broke front knudckles but tahts all id add to the list

whats that law that its always the piece you dont have that breaks? just get a spare car and you will be set:lol::lol::lol:

Shuming 04-02-2010 08:36 AM

just go buy another glass machine and use one for broken parts

NJA82 04-02-2010 08:59 AM

^^ is that supposed to mean the RC8B is fragile, come on man, its one of the strongest buggies on the market, i race with guys that are breaking other cars more often than i see an Associated sidelined...

Only part i replace often is bearings, depending on the track conditions they can last very little time, that and clutch bearings/shoes but thats just wear and tear and car will do the same, otherwise my RC8B and RC8T are stock minus the alloy rear hubs and i have broken ZERO parts on either of them.

plus2ss 04-02-2010 09:29 AM

Chassis braces! Thats the only thing ive broken more than once, but its hard to have something not break when you get hit at full speed. Lol. The rc8b is very durable, it just depends on how much you wreck.